Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ascent

IF JFH is an additional...

...target man and not THE target man would you have him at Norwich?

Current strikers are clearly goal shy, we have youngsters that may benefit from his vast experience and what happens when THE target man comes in and he tweaks a hamstring and is out for three weeks? You have seen from the last couple of games how desperately we need a big powerfull striker but I would be interested in you thoughts?

IMO I''d take him as a squad addition and competition/back-up for THE target man.

i wouldnt have him... it sounds like John Hartson all over again.. a huge (and probably expensive) Gamble which will all end in tears.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i wouldnt have him... it sounds like John Hartson all over again.. a huge (and probably expensive) Gamble which will all end in tears.

[/quote]

Or DD all over again Jas? Are you a gambling man...

I would take him on a month by month contract, as you say as back up. I would be disapointed if we did sign him and didnt get anyone else in before the end of august.

If we do sign him, I would only want him on a pay-per-play contract, we need someone more permanent as a target man, and preferably someone who is taller.

Lets face it, even if we sign him for one year, I would say yes if we can''t get a target man.

Someone not afraid to shoot - more than I can say for our strikers at the moment.

Is Cureton giving away some clues here, taken from Pinkun homepage??? -

“He doesn''t have to be big, just literally someone who can put themselves about and win the headers ands cause problems and at the moment we haven''t got that.

If it is JFH and only JFH, that simply is not good enough, and that does not mean JFH is not capable of contributing at this level.  It will also confirm to me that we don''t have any money.

Ah well, we''ll just have to wait and see, if this is it, it doesn''t bode well for the future.

Maybe the answer is a simple one. JFH isn''t the striker he was, but he does have a coaching badge, and he needs to keep fit. Perhaps Roeder has brought him in to show our strikers how to get the ball in the net, and to allow him to train with the first team so he would be able to play, (not necessarily for us) if he catches a club''s eye. Roeder is able to think laterally, and this would be just the sort of cunning plan I could imagine him coming up with while he''s waiting to sign our proper permanent striker.

Did anyone else just see JFH on Sky Sports about 30 mins ago.

An email came in while he was the guest on the Sky Sports phone in asking if rumours he had been in Norwich were true and from the horses mouth he confirmed he had been training in Norwich.

When asked about the chance of him joining he was very coy (in a manner that told me he was interested and had blatantly discussed it etc.)

He did look fit (not carrying much weight) but openly said he has had no pre season so needs to get match fit.

Apologies if this has already been posted. Can I suggest we make this the last JFH until he actually signs/does not sign....(Lets focus on some decent RUMOURS!!)

[quote user="Rusty Steele"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Or DD all over again Jas? Are you a gambling man...

[/quote]

thing is Dion was an Athlete who looked after his body...

JFH looks chubby on the TV and did for Cardiff last year!

He also scored a few goals for them last season... considering we won''t get Shola or Steffen until January at this rate, why not get him on a half season deal or a one year deal because lets face it - Lupoli, Koroma and Cureton are not going to fire us into a mid table position on recent form.

We need someone, ANYONE to give us some goal threat

Have u forgotten that JFH is actually a really good player in the air, holds the ball up well and isn''t worried about having to shoot. I know he''s not the player he was, I know he''s not the answer to our problems, but if he gives Cureton and Lupoli someone to play off it could stop us being on 8 points in November again???? 

Perhaps if he is only training with us, its quite a good thing, given that we play his old club (who screwed him over) next weekend..