Sign in to follow this  
CNS-Canary

JFH staying at Dunston Hall Last Night

As an employee of Dunston Hall, i can confirm that JFH was infact staying with us last night. I had to take a room service order up to him, under the tab of ''Norwich City Football Club''. Read into this how you wish. But i feel this confirms the rumours. Also when asked about joining us. He simply Stated that he can not talk about anydeals on the table, as he is under contract.?! I have no proof. However it''s up to you if you decided to take my word for it or not.

In my opinion, i believe this is a backward step for the club, and suprising as it seems. I would much prefer a striker with hunger and desire. Andy Bishop.

OTBC

Sounds feasible.Please bear in mind that whoever is signed at the mo is NOT the main striker. God willing, Iversen will arrive at some point.I don''t know how I feel about JFH. He''s scored some great goals & looks the sort of cool head needed to lead the line. But can he still cut it/ is he still interested?

[quote user="CNS-Canary"]

As an employee of Dunston Hall, i can confirm that JFH was infact staying with us last night. I had to take a room service order up to him, under the tab of ''Norwich City Football Club''. Read into this how you wish. But i feel this confirms the rumours. Also when asked about joining us. He simply Stated that he can not talk about anydeals on the table, as he is under contract.?! I have no proof. However it''s up to you if you decided to take my word for it or not.

In my opinion, i believe this is a backward step for the club, and suprising as it seems. I would much prefer a striker with hunger and desire. Andy Bishop.

OTBC

JFH is fine and would be a welcome addition at the club, as others have said he is not here instead of Iversen, Ameobi or whoever he is an extra.

[/quote]

The trouble is, nobody knows for sure that JFH is just an extra.     He is probably being signed until Iverson can join in January, which simply isnt good enough because we wont score enough goals to be anywhere near the top by January.

I would like to be able to hammer the club if we signed JFH, wheres the ambition in signing a has been.  But I am gonna keep my mouth shut ''cause I spouted all that crap when we signed Dion, oh how wrong I was.  Lets hope I turn out to be totally wrong again........IF!! we sign him.

On the flip side, if we did indeed sign JFH, what a great player for the youngsters like Renton and Daley to learn a thing or two from.  You can add Lupoli and Koroma to that too.

Exactly he managed 1 in 4 last season not prolific, but a help.

He has played at the highest level of football, the youngsters will look up to him, as they did Dion.

He could serve a purpose, whilst I hope he is not brought in as the answer to our problem of goal scoring, but he couldn''t do worse than what we have, could he?

[quote user="CNS-Canary"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Believable?

Possible.

Dont want him here though.

Surely he doesn''t offer us much more than the 3 strikers we already have, yes he may be able to hold the ball up slightly more (which is what we need), but in height he doesn''t offer us anymore surely?

[quote user="Badger"]If we sign him, I think I will reserve judgement until I have seen him a couple of times.[/quote]

Now I wondered who that was with Wes and Shacks on the golf coarse yesterday, I thought it was mr red Boot

Yeah their was me under the impression it was a ''Time for new heroe''s'' and we''ll be ''excited and impressed'' with our new signings this season. Seems certain people have told others one or two big porkys, i''m just trying to work out if it''s GR telling the fans big ones or the Board tellin GR.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Yeah their was me under the impression it was a ''Time for new heroe''s'' and we''ll be ''excited and impressed'' with our new signings this season. Seems certain people have told others one or two big porkys, i''m just trying to work out if it''s GR telling the fans big ones or the Board tellin GR.[/quote]

I bet anything you like you and Rudolph slagged off the signing of Dion as well, stop being so bloody negative.

Things may not be right but we are two games in to the season, give the team a little bit of time (not too much, just a bit)

Also remember this team is not the finished product Bell will be a regular as will the target man, Lupoli is not fully fit yet,and OJ is an exciting prospect will take a bit of time to adjust to this league, so stop bloody whinging.

Dion was average in a well below average team he would never have got a game at any decent Championship side so stop trying to make him out to be something he wasnt .If we need a striker why can we not just pay the money and get one , we were told new heroes were coming in and so far our top signing has been £400,000 on Bell , the clubs a joke .

I have been informed from a Cardiff supporter than Jimmy was doing his coaching badges and wanted to move into coaching within a couple of seasons. He believes that Jimmy has completed them this summer, player/coach perhaps.

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Yeah their was me under the impression it was a ''Time for new heroe''s'' and we''ll be ''excited and impressed'' with our new signings this season. Seems certain people have told others one or two big porkys, i''m just trying to work out if it''s GR telling the fans big ones or the Board tellin GR.[/quote]

I bet anything you like you and Rudolph slagged off the signing of Dion as well, stop being so bloody negative.

Things may not be right but we are two games in to the season, give the team a little bit of time (not too much, just a bit)

Also remember this team is not the finished product Bell will be a regular as will the target man, Lupoli is not fully fit yet,and OJ is an exciting prospect will take a bit of time to adjust to this league, so stop bloody whinging.

[/quote]

And how much time should that be?

If  Jimmy did sign I would be fairly pleased, I think he would be a big strong man who we need up there.  Obviously  he wont be able to play every game and most games he might not even reach ninety mins but I think he would be that big bloke we need up there.  He would bring great experience and class to us just like Dion did but in a different way.  Obviously he wouldn''t answer our goal scoring problems but he would bring alot to the team. 

And IF we did get him we would still need another twenty goal a season man up there with him, who he would be able to link up with and create a powerfull strike force.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Dion was average in a well below average team he would never have got a game at any decent Championship side so stop trying to make him out to be something he wasnt .If we need a striker why can we not just pay the money and get one , we were told new heroes were coming in and so far our top signing has been £400,000 on Bell , the clubs a joke .
[/quote]

Do you have problems understanding things?

JFH is not THE STRIKER he is another addition to the squad.

How do you know that Bell was £400,000, as he was an undisclosed fee

Dont think there will be 2 strikers unless we go our favourite route and get another kiddy in on loan , Roeder said in an interview somewhere that the most he had spent was £400,000 on Bell .

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Dion was average in a well below average team he would never have got a game at any decent Championship side so stop trying to make him out to be something he wasnt .If we need a striker why can we not just pay the money and get one , we were told new heroes were coming in and so far our top signing has been £400,000 on Bell , the clubs a joke .
[/quote]

[/quote]

Firstly i loved DD and its not my way to slag players so still facy that bet smart? Secondly how do you know JFH isn''t our first choice [or last option!!]? I''ll bet you Bell was closer to 400,000 than he was 600''000 so still hardly ambition is it?

[/quote]

I disagree I think Dion would have got into a lot of championship teams last season, maybe not as a striker but he did a great job at the back as well. The only problem at other clubs would have been that they had squad rotation and I think Dion would have struggled if he wasn''t getting a good run in the side. Whereas because we had no competition for places he had the oportunity to get a good run of form together.

OTBC

Some of his goals are pure magic.Iam sure if glen gets a good vibe watching him train with us, he will be offered some kind of contract.Lets hope he still has the desire to do that for us.If he can still perform then why not i guess, i doubt he would have missed the chances that curo and luppi have missed the last three games.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Firstly i loved DD and its not my way to slag players so still facy that bet smart? Secondly how do you know JFH isn''t our first choice [or last option!!]? I''ll bet you Bell was closer to 400,000 than he was 600''000 so still hardly ambition is it?

[/quote]

Ambition isnt spending big money on a player.  And I would hazard a guess when I say that both Hoolahan and Bell would have cost considerably more if their clubs were not in the position they were.

Dont believe that JFH is a viable centre forward though.  But as a player/coach he could turn out to be an inspired signing....

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Surely he doesn''t offer us much more than the 3 strikers we already have, yes he may be able to hold the ball up slightly more (which is what we need), but in height he doesn''t offer us anymore surely?[/quote]Well the fact is, i doubt he would have missed the chances that curo and luppi have missed ( croft as well ) the last three games, without a doubt he will be no worse than what we have, and probably a fair amount better in the shooting department.I agree we shouldnt be looking at him as the answer, but he may just turn out to be a very good short term fix.