Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

shackell gone by thursday

1.5m deal in place, he is off to wolves due to them chasing new defender due to stearman getting injured. Don''t mind selling him as long we are garunteed the 1.5m to spend!

I guess we can always hope someone is correct for a change... I for one who rip their arms off for 1.5 million

You heard it here first. I understand we may be trying to get a Striker thrown into the deal! but i dont want to be naming names now do i!

Ok now I am starting to think you are on something... the single statement of Shackell going was believable, but a wolves striker in return? Hmm, dubious to me!

[quote user="billy bunter"]

You heard it here first. I understand we may be trying to get a Striker thrown into the deal! but i dont want to be naming names now do i!

[/quote]

Oh dear.

thats the rumours i''ve heard. heard an unamed player maybe involved. im purely guessing at a striker seems we need one. would fancy bothroyd to be honest!

but heard wolves are upping a bid for shacks! im not sure i''d sell to be honest. and couldnt trust the board for all the money either!

Like I said, Shackell seemed a possibility, but now you''ve changed your story from a striker but you can''t mention names, to a possible player who you THINK might be a striker...

The original story which was a realistic one has now fizzled out into nothing. If this deal happens I will be the first to apologize I must admit.

[quote user="billy bunter"]

thats the rumours i''ve heard. heard an unamed player maybe involved. im purely guessing at a striker seems we need one. would fancy bothroyd to be honest!

[/quote]Boothroyd signed for Cardif a couple of weeks ago.

because i didn''t know we was in for a striker, if i left it as it was you would of asked which striker correct? which i can''t answer

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="billy bunter"]

[/quote]Boothroyd signed for Cardif a couple of weeks ago.[/quote]

don''t know who else they have up front available! don''t know any other positions we really need to be honest as midfield and keeper is sorted and full backs! only up front and quality centre back needed! and be silly sell our best for one of there''s who obviously not as good if willing to give them up.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]You know why you can''t answer Billy? Because you''ve made it all up.[/quote]

leave this till end of the week and i renew it as soon wolves have bidded for shacks then!

don''t you think bit odd that im up 9.48 posting a rumour. if i was going to do it i would at 10am and catch everyone on it.

Beausant & evil-monkey, are you reading this?If so, why aren''t you giving this bunter twot the roasting he deserves?

I had a good chat with shacks a couple of weeks ago and he confirmed then the wolves bid was genuine and it was turned down by GR at the time. But Shacks also felt pretty much out of the picture and would liked to have been given the chance to speak. Half an hour later it came out that we''d signed archibald-henville from spurs and shacks shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. Felt a bit sorry for him really. So I think this could be real and he could go.

If there does turn out to be something to this i wouldnt hesitate to accept. Thats very good money that god knows we are desperate for and we have will have plenty of cover once the doc is fit.

The only worry I would have is that 3 of the first choice backs are loanees; if Kennedy goes back in Jan, it could get a bit thin again.Strange that Shax is so average, but Wolves are (apparently) prepared to pay upwards of £1.5m for him? Is it possible some of the other players are rated higher elsewhere as well? Just a thought.

Perhaps there''s something in this. Wolves have plenty of strikers, but I think the one they would let go would be Andy Keogh if a part/ex deal was being discussed.

And all £1.5 million will go straight into Glenns January transfer kitty .

No thanks, seems alright now, but when Kennedy and Bertrand go back, we''re left with Dejan partnering either Shacks, Doc or Archibald-Henville. Would rather we just kept him be to be honest and stopped skimping round for money for a target man, when it''s blatently there if the right man is found. I honestly believe we''ll have someone before midnight on sept 1st who will be worth waiting for up front without having to sacrifice players

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]No thanks, seems alright now, but when Kennedy and Bertrand go back, we''re left with Dejan partnering either Shacks, Doc or Archibald-Henville. Would rather we just kept him be to be honest and stopped skimping round for money for a target man, when it''s blatently there if the right man is found. I honestly believe we''ll have someone before midnight on sept 1st who will be worth waiting for up front without having to sacrifice players[/quote]

Too right- we can''t get rid of any more full timers.

I''m sure this will happen as it will simply be a means for the Board to ''balance the books'' whilst throwing in the sweetner of this long awaited ''striker''. On the subject of strikers have''nt we already signed two new ones or don''t they count!

To sell Shacks and live off what we''ve got will be a disaster waiting to happen. That will leave us with 3 first team centrebacks - Stefanovich who at 34 (in October) is rapidly approaching the end of his career, OK he''s got some quality on the ball but I''m unconvinced about him in the air, Kennedy who we may well have to release in January and has had this really serious knee injury which lets face it could go again at anytime (Matthew Bates anyone?) and the lumbering Donkerty. If that''s good (and reliable enough) for you lot out there who seem to want to sell Shacks at any price, don''t start winging when it all falls apart! 

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Strange that Shax is so average, but Wolves are (apparently) prepared to pay upwards of £1.5m for him? Is it possible some of the other players are rated higher elsewhere as well? Just a thought.
[/quote]

I expect it''s £1.5m including add-ons, maybe £1m rising to £1.5m if they go up or something like that.