Sign in to follow this  
Worf

Taxi for Shola

My mate is a cabbie who works in Ipswich who told me on the phone last night that he picked up the one and only Shola Ameobi last friday and was requested to take him to a hotel on the outskirts of Norwich.

Being a binner, my mate asked him if he was going to sign for Ipswich, Shola replied ''We''ll have to see.'' and didn''t seem to be too willing to say any more. My mate then overheard Shola speaking to someone, who was clearly very loud as my mate could hear him on the phone talking to Ameobi, my mate heard Ameobi laughing and joking around with him for about ten minutes and talking about ''a crazy cook''.

It sounded like he was talking to Lee Clark about a move to Norwich, but make of it what you will.

I hope we do get him but i don''t no about money and fittness, both i think make his transfer doubtful but i''m sure glen will be trying to get him.

[quote user="Geeza"]

My mate is a cabbie who works in Ipswich who told me on the phone last night that he picked up the one and only Shola Ameobi last friday and was requested to take him to a hotel on the outskirts of Norwich.

Being a binner, my mate asked him if he was going to sign for Ipswich, Shola replied ''We''ll have to see.'' and didn''t seem to be too willing to say any more. My mate then overheard Shola speaking to someone, who was clearly very loud as my mate could hear him on the phone talking to Ameobi, my mate heard Ameobi laughing and joking around with him for about ten minutes and talking about ''a crazy cook''.

It sounded like he was talking to Lee Clark about a move to Norwich, but make of it what you will.

[/quote]

Isnt there a hotel opposite asda on the outskirts or norwich? ramada jarvis isnt it ? ;)

[quote user="FozzyFan"][quote user="Geeza"]

[/quote]

Isnt there a hotel opposite asda on the outskirts or norwich? ramada jarvis isnt it ? ;)

[/quote]

Yeah, I heard Carl Cort now works as a receptionist there

[quote user="On The Roeder To Something"]Why does everyone rate him his goal average is one in every six games. Hardly world beater is it.[/quote]Do we really need a target man to be a prolific striker? We already have a couple of strikers who could potentially bag a hatful of goals if they had a big man to play off. I think we should be looking for someone to make our current front-line make more sense rather than a striker to score 20 goals himself.Of couse if he can improve our front-line AND score 20 goals then that''s even better [:D]

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Ameobi wants 20k per week. Anyone think he is worth it?[/quote]

He told me he wouldn''t drop to less than £25k pw [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Ameobi wants 20k per week. Anyone think he is worth it?[/quote]

He told me he wouldn''t drop to less than £25k pw [:)]

[/quote]Did he now? [:)]

He might not be worth £20,000 a week but i would rather pay Ameobi that than throw money down the drain on JFH and become a laughing stock at the same time .

According to our official site, He was in Ipswich all day yesterday, had a medical and is with us all day today with a view to sealing the deal!! So I''m not sure I believe that!

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]He might not be worth £20,000 a week but i would rather pay Ameobi that than throw money down the drain on JFH and become a laughing stock at the same time .
[/quote]

Good point!

But Town are "only" offering him 16k which is 1k more than he gets at NUFC

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]He might not be worth £20,000 a week but i would rather pay Ameobi that than throw money down the drain on JFH and become a laughing stock at the same time .
[/quote]

Good point!

[/quote]

...and how the **** do you know that?

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="ElmerFudd"]

[/quote]

Good point!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ween please can we have an Ameobi Porsche in front of Dunston just to make me feel better

[quote user="Be Smart "][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="ElmerFudd"]

[/quote]

Good point!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ween please can we have an Ameobi Porsche in front of Dunston just to make me feel better

[/quote]

There you go...it crashed and burned

Ameobi will not sign for us if he is having a medical at Town he is most probably going there, lets just give him an Andy Marshall reception when he comes to Carrow Road!

Any way if he does go to Town he will probably be sidelined most of the season and if he plays well a midtable Prem club will snap him up sharpish.  Ipswich need to enjoy him while they can... because he will not be there for long.

I''m not surprised he stayed in Norwich. Being used to all the luxury in his life he is hardly going to want to spend the night in a dive like ipswich is he.

[quote user="Boyo"]

lets just give him an Andy Marshall reception when he comes to Carrow Road!

[/quote]

Why the hostility to him if he signs for them?  He has never played for us, and we havent made an acceptable offer so Newcastle will not give us permission to talk to him, he has no future there so needs a club, in the absence of any choice it is hardly his fault he goes elsewhere. 

Hardly puts him in the same league as Judas Marshall and if he signs for Ipswich your anger (if you feel it is needed) would be better directed elsewhere than towards the player.

[quote user="canarytom"]

I''m not surprised he stayed in Norwich. Being used to all the luxury in his life he is hardly going to want to spend the night in a dive like ipswich is he.

[/quote]

Can you let us all know how you manage to link crayons to your computer.

Anyway some good news for your Budgies, the Premier League and Football League have extended the transfer window until midnight on Monday 1st September due to August 31st falling on the Sunday - I''m sure there will be a car boot sale in Swaaaafum over the weekend so you can find another striker in your price range.

[quote user="ElmerFudd"][quote user="canarytom"]

[/quote]

Can you let us all know how you manage to link crayons to your computer.

[/quote]

It''s easy when you are not born with genetic abnormalities. I suspect you may struggle though