Sign in to follow this  
Webbo118

Lupoli's miss

In today''s EDP, Steve Gedge says that Lupoli was "miles offside" when he missed and Chris Lakey comments that he was "in an offside position and if he''d scored the flag would have gone up for offside". I did not even consider the prospect of offside at the time and having watched a replay of the incident, the following points are clear:-

1)    When Cureton shot (or passed), Lupoli was behind the ball

2)   There was also a defender (and the goalkeeper), closer to the goalline than Lupoli.

Therefore, no way could he have been offside, hence the absence of an offside flag

The fact is, how the HELL did Cureton end up passing it anyway? haha :) What a terrible miscued shot...

Watching the replay it was clearly a shot gone wrong and luckily falling to him, hence his startled reaction of a poor shot.

Should never have even been an offside circumstances in the first place, Cureton should have scored :) But oh well, next game is on it''s way!

I bet the momentum of the attack had switched off tho, and Lupoli knew there was no point trying to score and jus swung at it naturally. Seems daft he gets so much criticism for 1 illegitimate miss when he''s barely been here. Whack him next to Koroma or mystery target man, and then i''ll start judging him

I think we''re more sick of Cureton going on about how he worked over summer and is raring to go, and then scuffs a shot totally up the wrong way resulting in a panic hit from Lupoli who is getting blamed for the miss.

JC needs to step up the plate against Cardiff.

Difference between Cureton and Lupoli, is that Lupoli has far more potential, but has proven far little, where as Cureton has proven probably more than his current ability, and is probably on the decline and can probably not do a lot better

[quote user="Webbo118"]

Therefore, no way could he have been offside, hence the absence of an offside flag

[/quote]

It was given offside.

The sooner Cureton is out of the starting line up the better.  He''s lazy, he offers nothing when not on the ball and now he cant even hit the bloody target when 1 on 1 with the keeper.   He''s lived off his one season wonder with Colchester for too long now.  He may kiss the badge and he may love the team but Jamie Cureton is not fit to start up front for this great club.   Nothing personal, just business.

Lupoli might of been offside when the ball was first played through to JC. that could be the only other reason why he could of been ruled offside when there were players in front of him. and you real can''t balme him, JC should of scored that one on one

The offside flag was definitely raised. Cureton''s miss was shocking, if only we had someone more experienced to replace him.

[quote user="Webbo118"]Was it? Are you sure?[/quote]

Yes - but I''m not sure he actually was offside. The flag was definitely raised (I suspect he would have missed anyway though!).

Basic rule taught in any level of football..... stick the ball in the back of net, then worry about whether offside or not later.

[quote user="djc"]

Basic rule taught in any level of football..... stick the ball in the back of net, then worry about whether offside or not later.

[/quote]And rule 2 is to shoot across the goal keeper, which Curo did - at the corner flag.

[quote user="Duffman"]The sooner Cureton is out of the starting line up the better. 

He''s lazy, he offers nothing when not on the ball and now he cant even hit the bloody target when 1 on 1 with the keeper.   He''s lived off his one season wonder with Colchester for too long now.  He may kiss the badge and he may love the team but Jamie Cureton is not fit to start up front for this great club.   Nothing personal, just business.
[/quote]

BLIND MAN...................oooh yehh

[quote user="Duffman"]The sooner Cureton is out of the starting line up the better. 

He''s lazy, he offers nothing when not on the ball and now he cant even hit the bloody target when 1 on 1 with the keeper.   He''s lived off his one season wonder with Colchester for too long now.  He may kiss the badge and he may love the team but Jamie Cureton is not fit to start up front for this great club.   Nothing personal, just business.
[/quote]

I would agree with you there, other then the bit ive highlighted...I don''t think he''s a lazy player, its just he simply isnt good enough anymore....you simply can''t miss a one on one like that, he wasn''t even in a straight line (which could have made it a tad more difficult) he simply had to slide rule it into the bottom corner when he just got into the box...it really showed how low his confidence is and I would much rather russell play i''m afraid

[quote user="djc"]

[/quote]

I think he tried judging by his reaction afterwards.

[/quote]

Agree with everything.

Although I would have to add that he does pretty much just as little with the ball as he does without it.

[quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[quote user="Duffman"]The sooner Cureton is out of the starting line up the better.  He''s lazy, he offers nothing when not on the ball and now he cant even hit the bloody target when 1 on 1 with the keeper.   He''s lived off his one season wonder with Colchester for too long now.  He may kiss the badge and he may love the team but Jamie Cureton is not fit to start up front for this great club.   Nothing personal, just business.[/quote]

[/quote]You clearly disagree with my thoughts but you cant seem to come up with a counter argument?So, I''ll give you another chance to counter what I said............

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You clearly disagree with my thoughts but you cant seem to come up with a counter argument?

So, I''ll give you another chance to counter what I said............

[/quote]

Cant disagree Duffman, cant see what he actually brings to theteam, not pace, hegith, strength, or now even a quality finish. To think the amount of stick Earnshaw got for not helping out the team, Cureton is worse.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[quote user="Duffman"]The sooner Cureton is out of the starting line up the better.  He''s lazy, he offers nothing when not on the ball and now he cant even hit the bloody target when 1 on 1 with the keeper.   He''s lived off his one season wonder with Colchester for too long now.  He may kiss the badge and he may love the team but Jamie Cureton is not fit to start up front for this great club.   Nothing personal, just business.[/quote]

[/quote]You clearly disagree with my thoughts but you cant seem to come up with a counter argument?So, I''ll give you another chance to counter what I said............

[/quote]

Cant disagree Duffman, cant see what he actually brings to theteam, not pace, hegith, strength, or now even a quality finish. To think the amount of stick Earnshaw got for not helping out the team, Cureton is worse.

[/quote]Time to change that auto signature don''t ya think [;)][;)]

slightly ot, but isnt it about time simpsons formed an alliance with some brewery to make ''duff'' beer...you can imagine how cheap and revoltin the stuff would be, the crowd would love it!

[quote user="The Lord"]slightly ot, but isnt it about time simpsons formed an alliance with some brewery to make ''duff'' beer...you can imagine how cheap and revoltin the stuff would be, the crowd would love it![/quote]Have often thought this myself TL.Surely has to be a money spinner.  Maybe you should get in contact with the Dragons Den and see if they fancy backing your idea?

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="barclay seats 4849 "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You clearly disagree with my thoughts but you cant seem to come up with a counter argument?

So, I''ll give you another chance to counter what I said............

[/quote]

[/quote]

Time to change that auto signature don''t ya think [;)][;)]
[/quote]

I like to think of it as ironic now....

[quote user="Duffman"]The sooner Cureton is out of the starting line up the better.  He''s lazy, he offers nothing when not on the ball and now he cant even hit the bloody target when 1 on 1 with the keeper.   He''s lived off his one season wonder with Colchester for too long now.  He may kiss the badge and he may love the team but Jamie Cureton is not fit to start up front for this great club.   Nothing personal, just business.[/quote]This is why I get angry when I go to Carrow Road.