Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Taxi for the cook

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The land deals.
The hotel deal.
The restaurants.

That''s unless (gawd forbid) those three little treasures are running at a loss - and have to be subsidised from alternative finance or income, for them to continue ''trading''......and bring in much needed finance for the club to survive.....

[/quote]

To anyone who has looked at the last few years accounts from an unbiased perspective that is the the blatently obvious conclusion to draw Mello.  Alot of people are just too entrenched to accept this though.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mello Yello"]The land deals.
The hotel deal.
The restaurants.

That''s unless (gawd forbid) those three little treasures are running at a loss - and have to be subsidised from alternative finance or income, for them to continue ''trading''......and bring in much needed finance for the club to survive.....

[/quote]

To anyone who has looked at the last few years accounts from an unbiased perspective that is the the blatently obvious conclusion to draw Mello.  Alot of people are just too entrenched to accept this though.

[/quote]

First of all Mr. Carrow, it''s "blatantly" not "blatently" and, if it indeed was blatantly obvious, then it would be redundant to point it out. Your constantly negative bias, on the other hand, leaves one to conclude that you are exaggerating the negatives that you constantly strive to point out. You should exercise caution in this exaggeration because it can lead to hypocrisy, of which my mother taught me about at an early age. She used to say, "If I''ve told you once I''ve told you a million times, don''t exaggerate." 

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mello Yello"]The land deals.
The hotel deal.
The restaurants.

[/quote]

[/quote]

First of all Mr. Carrow, it''s "blatantly" not "blatently" and, if it indeed was blatantly obvious, then it would be redundant to point it out. Your constantly negative bias, on the other hand, leaves one to conclude that you are exaggerating the negatives that you constantly strive to point out. You should exercise caution in this exaggeration because it can lead to hypocrisy, of which my mother taught me about at an early age. She used to say, "If I''ve told you once I''ve told you a million times, don''t exaggerate." 

[/quote]

My "exaggerated bias" is a realistic assessment based on facts from the accounts.  Yours is based on.....????

I would suspect that if there was some "creative accountancy" going on

then any external auditors might have spotted it?  I''m sure that

this allegation could be easily investigated by looking at the full

accounts, which the club has to publish legally (I believe).

Or have I missed the point - to me it appeared that there were

suggestions that money from transfers and ticket sales was being put

into the "non-critical fixed assets" to make them look like they''re

performing better than they actually are.  Maybe I misunderstood...

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mello Yello"]The land deals.
The hotel deal.
The restaurants.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My "exaggerated bias" is a realistic assessment based on facts from the accounts.  Yours is based on.....????

[/quote]

My what....? Can you be more specific please.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Mello Yello"]The land deals.The hotel deal.The restaurants.

[/quote]

[/quote]Is the Club paying the catering staff wages as part of the overall "wage bill" so Delias hobby restaurant can declare a £400k profit ''independently''?If not how do they account for the extra 100 employees in recent years?There is no hotel deal money, check when the accounts come out. Landmark Securities do not exist any more and I think the shares were "cashed in" on takeover.

A more fundamental question is "is the club there to support the team or the team to support the club"

All ancillary activities should be there to generate funds to enhance the main activity that is playing football.

Over th last few years it appears that the playing side has come a very bad second to other activities.

It the club is running at a loss then the club should be restructured to allow the main part of the business to continue at his highest possible level.

We seem to be loosing sight of what in essence NCFC should be all about.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Oh great...the old saviour crap again......

Do you think she was the only prospective buyer....or just first through the gate via her celebrity status?...

Stop the apologist bleating for Gods sake....it''s been done to death already and found to be pure myth.

[/quote]Yeah they''re still queuing around the block..... must be hard for her to hide all the take over bids on a PLC.... doing a great job of that isn''t she?