Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Taxi for the cook

She will answer the question herself, and the proof will be in if we get a target man or not. Clearly Glenn is on a fixed budget the likes of Shola or Iversen were going to cost well over a million each had we signed either of them.

If Glenn does not get the money that he has been PROMISED by Delia after the exact words being "Glenn has our full backing" meaning they should be financially backing him too... then she will drag this club lower and lower...

Iversen would cost nowhere near a million , it looks likely JFH will turn up just how laughable is that , a strikeforce of JFH and Lupoli  and league 1 will seem a whole lot closer .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Iversen would cost nowhere near a million , it looks likely JFH will turn up just how laughable is that , a strikeforce of JFH and Lupoli  and league 1 will seem a whole lot closer .
[/quote]

Did you ever see JFH play last year?

[quote user="crafty canary"]How far down does she want to drag this club?[/quote]

I fear it will need a hearse rather than a taxi........

She''s a spoilt b****h used to being feted and admired by celebrity obsessed luvvies wherever she goes. She won''t let go until she has totally ruined the club....then miraculously re-appear (as saviours do) at Portman Road slagging the City fans off for being "ungrateful".

Smith first every time...NCFC a very poor second.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]How far down does she want to drag this club?[/quote]

She''s a spoilt b****h used to being feted and admired by celebrity obsessed luvvies wherever she goes. She won''t let go until she has totally ruined the club....then miraculously re-appear (as saviours do) at Portman Road slagging the City fans off for being "ungrateful".

[/quote]She should never have gotten involved with the club in the first place, really... totally selfish of her. After all, it wasn''t like we really needed the money at the time, was it?Eh?Oh.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]
She should never have gotten involved with the club in the first place, really... totally selfish of her. After all, it wasn''t like we really needed the money at the time, was it?

Eh?

Oh.
[/quote]

Oh great...the old saviour crap again......

Do you think she was the only prospective buyer....or just first through the gate via her celebrity status?...

Stop the apologist bleating for Gods sake....it''s been done to death already and found to be pure myth.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]She should never have gotten involved with the club in the first place, really... totally selfish of her. After all, it wasn''t like we really needed the money at the time, was it?Eh?Oh.[/quote]

Do you think she was the only prospective buyer....or just first through the gate via her celebrity status?...

Stop the apologist bleating for Gods sake....it''s been done to death already and found to be pure myth.

[/quote]It must be nice to be able to polarise everything so neatly, it precludes you from having to enter into any kind of real discussion, doesn''t it? We all know that Watling and South saved the gates from being locked, but nobody was calling for her head when we signed Crouch and Huckerby and won the title after years of miserable underachievement. She played a part in restoring the club to some level of competency, only now we''ve gone full circle and we''re back in a mess again. Delia is no saviour of mine, and I believe this club desperately needs fresh investment and a steadier hand on the tiller. But seeing as I don''t want her to be publicly crucified, I guess that makes me an apologist bleater. I can live with that, I guess. It''s not like your word counts for much.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]
She should never have gotten involved with the club in the first place, really... totally selfish of her. After all, it wasn''t like we really needed the money at the time, was it?

Eh?

Oh.
[/quote]

[/quote]

While I cant be bothered to get into the whole who saved the club crap.  Nothing has been done to death, and nothing has been found to pure myth, you t*t.  Have you ever had a conversation with the late G.Watling or Delia Smith, do you have any idea what happens behinds the closed doors of the club.  No, so despite all your self righteous preaching you actually know no more than the next man.

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Iversen would cost nowhere near a million , it looks likely JFH will turn up just how laughable is that , a strikeforce of JFH and Lupoli  and league 1 will seem a whole lot closer .
[/quote]

Did you ever see JFH play last year?

[/quote]

Yes when Cardiff played here and he was crap.

[

SOME TIME AT THE END OF THE PD (pre-delia) ERA

"Mr. Whatling we''ve got a Mr Cullum on the phone and he wants to take over from you as majority shareholder."

"Mr Cullum you say - whats he been in?"

"er.....er.....I don''t think he''s been in anything Mr Whatling. He''s a buisnessman who is rich and loves the club. He says he played for us once but Charlie George made him look a bit s**t, so he went and got tremendously wealthy instead. He wants to meet."

"yes, yes thats all very well young lady but what celebrity status does he have?"

"er ..........none really"

"well shut the door and stop wasting my time. I''m expecting a call from H from steps and I''ve got lunch with Timmy Mallett. We need someone with enough celebrity status. Thats what you need to be the boss of this great club."

(apologies to any friends or family of late, great Mr Whatling who I understand was a lovely bloke)

[/quote]

By whom? Only those that

1. Were convinced in the first place and/ or

2. Those that don''t notice the evasion of any question that doesn''t fit the thesis and/ or

3. Don''t notice the total misrepresentation of any any counter argument and/ or

4. Think abuse is an alternative to argument.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

By whom? Only those that

1. Were convinced in the first place and/ or

2. Those that don''t notice the evasion of any question that doesn''t fit the thesis and/ or

3. Don''t notice the total misrepresentation of any any counter argument and/ or

4. Think abuse is an alternative to argument.

[/quote]

They wont respond because they dont have an answer.  If they do it will be something along the lines of calling yourself and I a board apologist or sheep, baaaaaah.

I also like the fact people are still harping on about Cullum.  Its over and hasnt happened.

I am not sure whats going to happen with this message board, its becoming an increasingly boring place to be (creepy how that coincides with the return of cluck!!).  Anyway, in attempt to ease my boredom I am gonna track BlyBly down and harp on about how we finished 3rd in the premier once 15 years ago...

Not wishing to pile more fuel on the fire but as I said in another thread she cannot even claim responsibility for the one bright spot in the last 10 years someone else financed the Huckerby arrival

The constant negativity and insults toward Delia and the rest of the board.........it''s been done to death already

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The constant negativity and insults toward Delia and the rest of the board.........it''s been done to death already
[/quote]

and will continue until either:

a) they show some ambition towards the football side of the business.

or

b) they go.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The constant negativity and insults toward Delia and the rest of the board.........it''s been done to death already[/quote]

or

b) they go.

[/quote]In view of last years accounts, where is the money coming from?

Probably only to the end of your "stick" where you will find Canary Nut residing.

I come back after three weeks in the States and it''s the same old tired rants. And to make it worse Cluck and his ear plugs are back.Anyone able to recommend another message board?

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The constant negativity and insults toward Delia and the rest of the board.........it''s been done to death already
[/quote]

or

b) they go.

[/quote]

In view of last years accounts, where is the money coming from?
[/quote]

Exactly my point a). They have had the money (£40M+ from premiership and parachute payments and net transfers) but have failed to invest sufficient of that in the football team. That there''s supposedly no money now is entirely the board''s responsibility, noone elses.

No doubt the club''s PR department plants on here will disagree.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

or

b) they go.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly my point a). They have had the money (£40M+ from premiership and parachute payments and net transfers) but have failed to invest sufficient of that in the football team. That there''s supposedly no money now is entirely the board''s responsibility, noone elses.

No doubt the club''s PR department plants on here will disagree.

[/quote]

Money has been invested in the team.  There is no such thing as a free, and the transfer fees you see quoted exclude signing on and agents fees.  Look at the staffing costs, look at the jump from 100 permanent employees to over 200.  How much do you think it costs to change manager.  That prem mone is soon whittled down when you look at things a little more objectively.

While I have no real problem with the board (I see decent people trying their best), in football at the moment money talks, and our board dont have enough.  We do need a change if we are going to really compete again.

[/quote]

or

b) they go.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The existing shareholders or Cullum who would like to invest £20m in NCFC

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Not wishing to pile more fuel on the fire but as I said in another thread she cannot even claim responsibility for the one bright spot in the last 10 years someone else financed the Huckerby arrival[/quote]That''s a little like someone buying everyone dinner in a restaurant, and someone else getting all the credit by leaving a big tip..

....or like someone buying everyone an expensive special meal and an egomaniac present implying to the other guest that she paid for it all

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[quote user="Death by Chocolate Starfish"]The constant negativity and insults toward Delia and the rest of the board.........it''s been done to death already[/quote]

or

b) they go.

[/quote]In view of last years accounts, where is the money coming from?[/quote]

The existing shareholders or Cullum who would like to invest £20m in NCFC

[/quote]But he doesn''t does he, he wants control of the football club for 20m and that''s never going to happen.

or

b) they go.

[/quote]In view of last years accounts, where is the money coming from?[/quote]Obvious!The land deals.The hotel deal.The restaurants.

The land deals.
The hotel deal.
The restaurants.

That''s unless (gawd forbid) those three little treasures are running at a loss - and have to be subsidised from alternative finance or income, for them to continue ''trading''......and bring in much needed finance for the club to survive.....

[/quote]

or

b) they go.

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you weren`t totally biased you would be asking yourself where all the bonus parachute payments and transfer income went.  And i`ll give you a clue, it wasn`t on transfer fees, loan fees or excessive player wages (player wages were 31% of turnover in 06/07 against 52% in the promotion year).