Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Ameobi

I say let Ipswich have him if he is not taking a pay cut its more expense for them. I am sure we can find a good target man for less than 2.5 million. Lets not forget his injury problem,Hamstrings have a habit of going again?

The usual spiel from the apologists when a transfer target of ours joins the scum or indeed any other club, "let them have him" - never mind the fact he might want to come here, but the board won''t back the manager with the funds required.

[quote user="Eggy"]I say let Ipswich have him if he is not taking a pay cut its more expense for them. I am sure we can find a good target man for less than 2.5 million. Lets not forget his injury problem,Hamstrings have a habit of going again?
[/quote]

Lets all celebrate that we haven''t got £2.5 million to gamble on a player who might make all the difference.

Far better to spend £750k on a League 2 nonentity.

well.....he aint a target man thats for sure.....more in the OJ mould of pacey, yet tall.second his goal scoring ratio is abysmal considering.............yes he plays in the premier, but he plays in a side awash with cash and people that can lay chances on a plate....eg Emre.i mean for gods sake the guy played alongside shearer and couldnt better one in ten.....i for one dont rate sutton as a true permier league great but how many did he score alongside mr S?????the man is a donkey....ask any toon fan.............

remember it''s 2.5 million as the transfer fee, but then another 20k or so a week on wages.... we''re no where close to that, even if he''s Lee Clark''s long lost stepbrother...

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Eggy"]I say let Ipswich have him if he is not taking a pay cut its more expense for them. I am sure we can find a good target man for less than 2.5 million. Lets not forget his injury problem,Hamstrings have a habit of going again?
[/quote]

Lets all celebrate that we haven''t got £2.5 million to gamble on a player who might make all the difference.

[/quote]

I''m sorry, are we talking about a player who has regularly scored a lot of goals, at any level ?  Or are we talking about a player who has a history of injuries, might not be in full fitness, who has struggled to score while on loan to a promoted championship team, and has spent most of the last 3 or 4 seasons picking up a large wad to play in the reserve team at Newcastle ?

I''m glad they''ve got him, he sounds like a sizeable risk.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m sorry, are we talking about a player who has regularly scored a lot of goals, at any level ?  Or are we talking about a player who has a history of injuries, might not be in full fitness, who has struggled to score while on loan to a promoted championship team, and has spent most of the last 3 or 4 seasons picking up a large wad to play in the reserve team at Newcastle ?

[/quote]

And if this sizeable risk pays off and bangs them 20 goals this season they will be wetting themselves with laughter. If not, they have alternative players who can actually find the net.

Where is the risk?

[quote user="england1966"]

we all know roeder wants ameobi... like o''neill wanted windass....

same conclusion?????????

[/quote]

While we are throwing pointless questions in the air...

Will the sun be shining in 16 days 4 hours 12 minutes?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Eggy"]I say let Ipswich have him if he is not taking a pay cut its more expense for them. I am sure we can find a good target man for less than 2.5 million. Lets not forget his injury problem,Hamstrings have a habit of going again?[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And if this sizeable risk pays off and bangs them 20 goals this season they will be wetting themselves with laughter. If not, they have alternative players who can actually find the net.

Where is the risk?

[/quote]The risk is blowing any amount of money on a striker that is unproven at any lever, he had one decent season, and that was under GR.Sorry, but i wouldnt want him here even if we did have the money.

Let''s be honest here Alex, he doesn''t exactly have the record of Robert Earnshaw or Dean Ashton. 2 million pounds isn''t a lot of money to you I guess, but then you don''t have to find it.

Hi record is worse than 1 in 6. Didn''t he refuse a loan move because he would rather spend Christmas with his family? His attitude sucks and is one of those players who is happy to sit on his arse and watch the money roll in. I predict an injury within his first (goalless) month

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]The usual spiel from the apologists when a transfer target of ours joins the scum or indeed any other club, "let them have him" - never mind the fact he might want to come here, but the board won''t back the manager with the funds required.[/quote]Nice, so because somebody doesn''t rate Ameobi they are automatically a board apologist? Comments like that are precisely the reason that there is so much friction on this message board IMO.Secondly, it may well be the case that Roeder has expressed his desire to sign Ameobi and the board haven''t been able to back him. Equally, it may be that Roeder doesn''t think Ameobi is worth that sort of money, or (unlikely) he may not even be his main target. It may even be the case that Roeder was well aware of his own budget, and knew that we wouldn''t be able to afford Ameobi?The fact is we don''t know one way or the other (I do believe we never made a formal bid to Newcastle), so to start branding fellow fans ''board apologists'' for having an opinion that differs to yours, when nobody knows the truth anyway... well, it''s the usual spiel from the "slate anybody who doesn''t agree with me" camp isn''t it?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To all you neutral and, may I say fair-minded observers, which of the above statements by Eggy, Ricardo and blah blah now appear to be more reasonable given the latest news coming out of Portman Road?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Ricardo,

Remember when we were in the running for the title of the top league and NCFC could have acquired goal scoring Newell for roughly £700k. However we ended up buying the non goal scoring forward turned midfield player, Cooney (roughly £300k - £350k) to play up front and then another forward,  Mortensen (£300k). When will they learn that quality costs money.