Sign in to follow this  
BigFish

Darkest before the dawn (is it really so bad?)

Hey guys (not being sexist but most of the current posters seem male) are things really as bad as this board paints them?

There is a level of venom and vitriol on here that seem to be totally out of proportion to the situation. Last October we couldn''t but a win, now to me the team looks much much stronger. Maybe not walk the League stronger but stronger all the same. In that October if someone offered missing the drop and getting at least 11 new players for this year we would have bitten their hands off.

Last year the problem was identified as the back four - now sorted with four incomers.

Last year midfield a bit weak - now sorted with Clingan, Hoolihan and when fit Bell.

Up front - looks like Roeder is trying to squeeze Iversson out before the end of November and the end of the Norwegian season which would be better late than never.

Personally, I think that Huckerby is missed but disappointed as I am it is time to move on. I would like more points but as some wag pointed out we are 1 point up on the respective results last year though we need to win Cardiff to keep this up!!

This looks like progress from October and the current situation doesn''t look much different from any of nearly a dozen CCC clubs. Look at Palace and Southampton who both came down with us. The experience is much the same.

Unless you support one of the "big four" football tends to be ultimately disappointing.

Thats football, get over it [:D]

[quote user="BigFish"]

This looks like progress from October and the current situation doesn''t look much different from any of nearly a dozen CCC clubs. Look at Palace and Southampton who both came down with us. The experience is much the same.

Unless you support one of the "big four" football tends to be ultimately disappointing.

Thats football, get over it [:D]

[/quote]

Palace and Southampton have both made the playoffs since we came down, we haven''t looked like getting anywhere near.  Neither of them went up but that''s not the point, they gave it their best shot.  Now that''s football imo.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

At this point last year we were unbeaten - had four points - and had scored seven goals.

[/quote]

Last year lost top Coventry, lost to Blackpool.

Brilliant, another thread started by an overly cheerful poster that

will be jumped on by overly-miserable posters and the whole thing will

go on and on and on for about 17 pages before everyone gets bored and

their brains fall out of their arses...

Tell me I''m wrong in a week...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Brilliant, another thread started by an overly cheerful poster that will be jumped on by overly-miserable posters and the whole thing will go on and on and on for about 17 pages before everyone gets bored and their brains fall out of their arses...

[/quote]

I''ll tell you that you are wrong in a day - it will also be jumped on by other overy optimistic posters like me!

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I think you''re forgetting Mr. Morgan that 5 of those 7 came in the Carling Cup.[/quote]

Umm compared to a big fat zero in the cup this year?

I fail to see your point.

Were you at the Blackpool game? It was dire, for the first time since the Hamilton era i was actually bored, and barely mustered a clap when Russell equalised.

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Brilliant, another

thread started by an overly cheerful poster that will be jumped on by

overly-miserable posters and the whole thing will go on and on and on

for about 17 pages before everyone gets bored and their brains fall out

of their arses...Tell me I''m wrong in a week...[/quote]

I''ll tell you that you are wrong in a day - it will also be jumped on by other overy optimistic posters like me!

[/quote]

More overly-optimistic posters joining the debate doesn''t disprove my point, its just that I failed to mention that it would be both

sides going at it for 17 pages... the whole thing always ends up being

a bore draw as each side declares themselves the "realists" whilst

those of us in the "middle" look on with increasing bemusement....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Brilliant, another thread started by an overly cheerful poster that will be jumped on by overly-miserable posters and the whole thing will go on and on and on for about 17 pages before everyone gets bored and their brains fall out of their arses...

[/quote]

[/quote]
More overly-optimistic posters joining the debate doesn''t disprove my point, its just that I failed to mention that it would be both sides going at it for 17 pages... the whole thing always ends up being a bore draw as each side declares themselves the "realists" whilst those of us in the "middle" look on with increasing bemusement....
[/quote]

What are you trying to say EM?  That everyone except you is either over optimistic or over pessimistic?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
More overly-optimistic posters joining the debate doesn''t disprove my point, its just that I failed to mention that it would be both sides going at it for 17 pages... the whole thing always ends up being a bore draw as each side declares themselves the "realists" whilst those of us in the "middle" look on with increasing bemusement....
[/quote]

Go on my simian friend what would you like us to be posting about?

[/quote]

Ha ha ... [:)] ... my thoughts exactly.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

[/quote]

Sorry - you are right. I was being facetious. It gets worse than this too - often descending into personal abuse etc

[quote user="Strawberry"]What are you trying to say EM?  That

everyone except you is either over optimistic or over pessimistic?

[/quote]

Yes, yes that''s exactly what I''m saying... you have successfully

decoded another of my grandiose and egotistical messages.  Well

done you.

I don''t feel I need to say anything to further my initial point, it was

well made and I''m not going to get drawn into petty bickering.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

well made and I''m not going to get drawn into petty bickering.[/quote]Eh? Well, why do you post on here then???

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]

well made and I''m not going to get drawn into petty bickering.[/quote]Eh? Well, why do you post on here then???[/quote]

Lol, that''s a good point and a question I ask myself every day... [:)]

Help !  Nothing approaching a prescient point in this thread, and I''m fairly sure I can''t spell prescient !

Ok, clutch at a straw, here goes !  Strawb !  Palace are funded by a sugar daddy and play in a cow shed, Southampton are broke after getting 10s of millions for Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott.  Still want to be them ?

I tell you what, go to 99% of any championship, hell even premier clubs, and read there fans forums, guess what they will be just like this one, full of totaly unhappy fans, thinking there board is not backing the boss, not getting in enough players ETC ETC.Thats football, and at the end of the day its a bloody game.Life is to short to spend it feeling sorry for yourself about your clubs situation.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Help !  Nothing approaching a prescient point in this thread, and I''m fairly sure I can''t spell prescient !

Ok, clutch at a straw, here goes !  Strawb !  Palace are funded by a sugar daddy and play in a cow shed, Southampton are broke after getting 10s of millions for Gareth Bale and Theo Walcott.  Still want to be them ?

[/quote]

"Clutching at strawb?"  You''ll make me blush . . . [:$]

[quote user="BigFish"]

Hey guys (not being sexist but most of the current posters seem male) are things really as bad as this board paints them?

[/quote]

YES

Without two good experienced strikers we will struggle to score goals this season.

Without goals we will struggle to avoid relegation

I have seen NCFC relegated due to lack of goal power

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Brilliant, another thread started by an overly cheerful poster that

will be jumped on by overly-miserable posters and the whole thing will

go on and on and on for about 17 pages before everyone gets bored and

their brains fall out of their arses...

[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3HaRFBSq9k

are things really as bad as this board paints them?

no they are worse. we are the paupers of this division, have 1 point from two of the easier games we will play this season and are already out of the Carling Cup. We will only survive this season thanks to half a dozen loanees from other clubs, our loathsome local rivals seem to be able to spend plenty of money and will no doubt take the p**s out of us again this season, and we have utterly no chance of getting promoted with the current cronies in the Boardroom. We have chased away the one chance we had of success and worse still there are still some "supporters" who are happy about it and are therefore contributing to our demise.

The only thing that could be worse is if we let someone loose with a microphone at half time to publically humiliate us again.

Were you at the Blackpool game? It was dire, for the first time since the Hamilton era i was actually bored, and barely mustered a clap when Russell equalised.

I had exactly the same feeling about the game, I didn''t even stand up, like all the usual excitement had drained away somehow, but then why should equalising against a poor, point seeking Blackpool bring any joy.  

I actually felt better after the Cov game than I did at Blackpool, and is it just me or is the ''very exciting'' Wes currently not very exciting at all, uses his right foot to stand on, and wants to play inside left or inside right rather than on the wing like some ex-heroes who cannot be named?