Sign in to follow this  
Have Heart

Andy Bishop ( Is it true?)

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

god i hope its true! We need a huge lift on this board!

jas :)

[/quote]

750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

Bishop would be awesome! Well although he hasn''t proved himself didn''t do to bad banging a couple of goals past us last year.

[/quote]

Oh dear, things have got so desperate that we are getting all wet in the gussett over a league 2 trundler.

What a pretty pass things have come too.

Less ambition than the Scum.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.

[/quote]

Shut up!!! talent doesn''t just have to come from the prem....

[/quote]

Some of you are so easily pleased.

The guy has been playing for years. If he was any good he would have been snapped up long ago.

League 2 trundler. You get what you pay for.

[/quote]

Wes Hoolahan anyone? he''d been "playing for years" too...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Would be better than what we have in that department, er nothing! But Camu has surely just put that one to bed hasn''t he?[/quote]

How exactly has he put that one to bed?

All he revealed is Bishop trained with Bury on Friday and did not play for them on saturday.

For me there is something in this as its too random a name to be a completely made up rumour.

[/quote]

Well didn''t he say that the rumours had come from Canaries on their message board?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

Bishop would be awesome! Well although he hasn''t proved himself didn''t do to bad banging a couple of goals past us last year.

[/quote]

Oh dear, things have got so desperate that we are getting all wet in the gussett over a league 2 trundler.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The guy has been playing for years. If he was any good he would have been snapped up long ago.

[/quote]

[/quote]

And was rightly recognised as a good player.

In his case we certainly got much more than we paid for.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

it counters your arguement Re Bishop dioesnt it Ricardo?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No JAS, because Hoolahan was proven at this level. Did you not notice the number of Championship clubs trying for his signature?

In contrast Andy Bishop is a "done nothing at this level". Witness the lack of any interest in him from other Champ clubs. 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No JAS, because Hoolahan was proven at this level. Did you not notice the number of Championship clubs trying for his signature?

In contrast Andy Bishop is a "done nothing at this level". Witness the lack of any interest in him from other Champ clubs. 

[/quote]

Ricardo you really do talk a load of rubbish... How can someone prove themselves if they don''t get the chance. have you seen him play in league 2 his movement, first touch and finishing are way above the standard of football he''s subjected to at the mo.

Bishop would be a class signing!

I''d only disagree slightly in what posters say in that Bishop is not a "trundler" although I imagine it was a figure of speech.  He''s quite pacy and one skill is taking "half chances" and creating a chance when one doesn''t look very likely.  But this has to be set against League Two defending which can be woeful - the sort of stuff that even makes people groan at a Sunday morning game and Managers bellow across the pitch.

Those chances will come less often in your League and there''s the question of whether he can manage the pace of the Championship.  That''s not to say he can''t but it''s not to say he can, either.  There''s only one way of finding out and that is the risk you would have to take.

The Bury lads say he''s their highest paid player - possibly up to £120,000 a year.  The club press officer says the Bishop injury situation is "absolutely genuine" and the press officer is trusted locally for being up front. 

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ricardo you really do talk a load of rubbish... How can someone prove themselves if they don''t get the chance. have you seen him play in league 2 his movement, first touch and finishing are way above the standard of football he''s subjected to at the mo.

[/quote]

Obviously the same sort of rubbish that other Championship managers talk since they are all beating a path to to Bury to fight for this guy''s signature.

Would need to improve 100% to become a second rater.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I''d only disagree slightly in what posters say in that Bishop is not a "trundler" although I imagine it was a figure of speech.  He''s quite pacy and one skill is taking "half chances" and creating a chance when one doesn''t look very likely.  But this has to be set against League Two defending which can be woeful - the sort of stuff that even makes people groan at a Sunday morning game and Managers bellow across the pitch.

Those chances will come less often in your League and there''s the question of whether he can manage the pace of the Championship.  That''s not to say he can''t but it''s not to say he can, either.  There''s only one way of finding out and that is the risk you would have to take.

The Bury lads say he''s their highest paid player - possibly up to £120,000 a year.  The club press officer says the Bishop injury situation is "absolutely genuine" and the press officer is trusted locally for being up front. 

[/quote]

Did the press officer state if norwich had approached then reagrding bishop?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously the same sort of rubbish that other Championship managers talk since they are all beating a path to to Bury to fight for this guy''s signature.

Would need to improve 100% to become a second rater.

[/quote]

So you going to base a quality player on how many managers are after his signature? that is silly.

you haven''t acknowledged if you seen him play or about his ability? you seen to be wrapped up in half hearted rather pathetic responses.

[quote user="Have Heart"]

I don''t know how much truth is in this, but i have a couple of friends who support Bury, and on the weekend the gossip was Bishop to norwich nearly a done deal.

Any one else heard anything on this transfer? I know someone mentioned a medical on friday.

[/quote]

Wow, how exciting, especially if we have paid a whole 100,000 for this superstar. No doubt we will all be fed the same line re the Board have had to personally dig deep to come up with this massive sum of money. NCFC - truly being led by people who care

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Did the press officer state if norwich had approached then reagrding bishop?

[/quote]

To be truthful we haven''t asked this week but we spoke to the Admin Office on Friday (the press officer being out) and on Friday any approach by Norwich - or anyone else - was news to then, or so they said.  "I''m suprised the Manager hasn''t mentioned it," was one quote.

Bury Times football reporter said: "I don''t believe it.  He''s been linked with countless clubs - I''ve talked to a couple of players and none of them have heard a whisper about it."

The press officer quote (from a fan on a Bury forum):

ANdy Bishop was injured in the final stages of Tuesdays game.

Its been kept quiet for a reason

He didn''t train on Thursday, failed a fitness test yesterday and did not travel.

He is in tomorrow for treatment and will be in for treatment again on Monday.

He is expected to play on Saturday - for Bury - against Morecambe

that''s from our very own press officer yesterday, can we not make it anymore clearer? bloody hell

However, I''d be failing in my duty if I didn''t include this quote on the main Bury forum re the possible transfer:

"We''ll let Naaaaaaaarich have Bish if we can have Delia - she can sort out the catering and provide the investment the Board is looking for. Rumour has it she likes a beer too so takings will be up in t''Social Club. Sorted."

Friendly lot, the Shakers.  Off to a good start, too, and against Chesterfield without their superstar.

As to whether Delia could provide the investment is one question: I suspect she could sort out the catering.[8-|]

We might ring tomorrow, if we get a moment.