Sign in to follow this  
Have Heart

Andy Bishop ( Is it true?)

I don''t know how much truth is in this, but i have a couple of friends who support Bury, and on the weekend the gossip was Bishop to norwich nearly a done deal.

Any one else heard anything on this transfer? I know someone mentioned a medical on friday.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Other than the rumours last week I haven''t heard or seen a thing.[/quote]

Apparently he was injured on Saturday.I don''t know whether you can read anything into that.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Another rumour. One of the thousands we have already had. Unless he''s available for a tenner and a meal for 2 at Yellers it''s not likely.[/quote]

And have i made out this out to be anything other than a rumour no! All i''m saying is this rumour has come from the bury fans

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Other than the rumours last week I haven''t heard or seen a thing.[/quote]

Apparently he was injured on Saturday.I don''t know whether you can read anything into that.

[/quote]

so was Dean Ashton.. and we all know what happened there!

I hope its true.. id take Bishop here in a flash!

jas :)

[quote user="Have Heart"]

[quote user="crafty canary"]Another rumour. One of the thousands we have already had. Unless he''s available for a tenner and a meal for 2 at Yellers it''s not likely.[/quote]

And have i made out this out to be anything other than a rumour no! All i''m saying is this rumour has come from the bury fans

[/quote]

It was Canary fans who started the rumours on Bury message forums late last week.  Bury lot knew nothing about it.

Bishop  missed training on Thursday with a slight injury, did some training on Friday morning but did not appear because he was not fully fit according to the club and they did not want to risk him.  They managed quite well at Chesterfield without him.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

so was Dean Ashton.. and we all know what happened there!

I hope its true.. id take Bishop here in a flash!

Me too.I think he''s quite mobile and, as we have seen, has an eye for goal!

[/quote]

Quote from the Daily Star (I know, very reliable):

"Norwich boss Glen Roader is set to end his long search for a striker with a £750,000 swoop for Bury''s Andy Bishop."

Obviously one for the rumour mill but I wouldnt mind if Roader brought him here! Fingers Crossed.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

god i hope its true! We need a huge lift on this board!

[/quote]750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?Erm, no thanks.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

3.5 million pound for a bit part player Premiership substitute who did shockingly badly in a loan spell at Stoke last season???? no thanks!

We could, as i have said elsewhere, base the Bishop transfer fee on appearences/goals/promotion.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

Bishop would be awesome! Well although he hasn''t proved himself didn''t do to bad banging a couple of goals past us last year.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?Erm, no thanks.[/quote]

Bishop would be awesome! Well although he hasn''t proved himself didn''t do to bad banging a couple of goals past us last year.

[/quote]Are we saying that because he scored a couple of goals against Doherty and Shackell that he is worth a 750k risk? [:O][:O]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]750k for a league 2 striker who has never proved himself anywhere above that level?Erm, no thanks.[/quote]

3.5 million pound for a bit part player Premiership substitute who did shockingly badly in a loan spell at Stoke last season???? no thanks!

We could, as i have said elsewhere, base the Bishop transfer fee on appearences/goals/promotion.

[/quote]I agree that the fee for Shola is too high and I am glad we are not risking the club by signing this sicknote.If we could get the right deal for Bishop then I say go for it, but 750k up front seems like a very big risk for a club that needs a striker to hit the ground running, there is no time for bedding in or gaining fitness.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that the fee for Shola is too high and I am glad we are not risking the club by signing this sicknote.

If we could get the right deal for Bishop then I say go for it, but 750k up front seems like a very big risk for a club that needs a striker to hit the ground running, there is no time for bedding in or gaining fitness.
[/quote]

750K would be a bargin for a player like bishop with a bright future he has ahead of him.... look in the past who bury produced Nugent came from there!

I would be happy to see Roeder spend 750k on him

[quote user="Have Heart"]

750K would be a bargin for a player like

bishop with a bright future he has ahead of him.... look in the past

who bury produced Nugent came from there!

I would be happy to see Roeder spend 750k on him

[/quote]

Sorry, but Bishop was "produced" by Walsall via York City, not Bury...

£750k is reasonable for him though, he''s a good player and could make the step up...

Would be better than what we have in that department, er nothing! But Camu has surely just put that one to bed hasn''t he?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]as was dean ashton(when at ncfc)then  days later moved to w.ham....could be something in it???

The star got the Clingan signing right so who knows. All newspapers get some of these things right and the star are no better or worse than the others.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear, things have got so desperate that we are getting all wet in the gussett over a league 2 trundler.

What a pretty pass things have come too.

Less ambition than the Scum.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear, things have got so desperate that we are getting all wet in the gussett over a league 2 trundler.

[/quote]

Shut up!!! talent doesn''t just have to come from the prem....

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Would be better than what we have in that department, er nothing! But Camu has surely just put that one to bed hasn''t he?[/quote]

How exactly has he put that one to bed?

All he revealed is Bishop trained with Bury on Friday and did not play for them on saturday.

For me there is something in this as its too random a name to be a completely made up rumour.

[quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Have Heart"][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Erm, no thanks.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Some of you are so easily pleased.

The guy has been playing for years. If he was any good he would have been snapped up long ago.

League 2 trundler. You get what you pay for.