Sign in to follow this  
Tipster101

Roeder comments were correct then

Ameobi not going to Scum. Roeder knew he wasnt going there, only question is how? Ipswich would have known he had an injury, but not the extent (which has caused the fall through). So how did roeder know ameobi was that injured to scupper a deal?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]What?! We''re signing Sherlock Holmes?![/quote]

With his detective skills he may be able to find the back of the net. How could we turn that down.[;)]

[quote user="Tipster101"]Ameobi not going to Scum. Roeder knew he wasnt going there, only question is how? Ipswich would have known he had an injury, but not the extent (which has caused the fall through). So how did roeder know ameobi was that injured to scupper a deal?[/quote]

It doesn''t say he isn''t going, it only says the deal is "on hold".

The Ipswich site actually says: "He is unlikely to be fit before the end of the August transfer window so Blues are now exploring other options with Newcastle regarding [Ameobi]".

In other words, loan with a view to a permanent I would think.  That''s probably what Ipswich really want.  Whether they''ve made a bigger deal out of the hamstring problem than it really is, who knows?

"That''s only a guess" (pause)......"educated."

How could he possibly know what was going on?  A stab in the dark (or Riddles in the Dark, as Tolkien ascribed to Bilbo?).

"What has it got in it''s nasty little pocketsessss..........."

A mobile phone possibly? 

That''s only a guess (pause).  I haven''t added educated because it''s only a guess.

Or:

"Hi, Steve here.  I''ve been trying to get Glenn but his mobile won''t answer."

City switchboard: "I''m not sure if he is in the building (that''s an in joke, In Blessed Memory of Good News Gordon) but I''ll see if I can find him for you."

Switchboard: "Mr Roeder, I have Steve from Key Sports on the line for you.  Can you take his call?"

Roeder: "Sure, put him through."

That''s only a guess as well but I have known similar.

Riddles in the Dark.[:S] 

It''s not a mobile in his pocket, it''s his trusty magic 8 ball. According to reports when Glenn asked for a 2nd time "Will I Sign Shola?" he expected to get the same answer "Outlook isn''t good" as he had last month, this modern predictive technology should have verified it''s original theory but to Glenn''s suprise it came up with "Ask again later". Glenn obviously deduced from this that once Shola had actually seen and smelled Ipswich he would change his mind. Glenn plans to consult with the ball later in the week to decide the next course of action, although rumblings coming from Colney suggest the ball has been favouring "Not this time" of late.

I''m wondering if this works the other way round...

"Hi Steve, it''s Glenn.  We''d love to get Shola here, but there''s no way the powers that be will stretch to his wages.  If you can get their attention, maybe I can get them to see sense.  Far be it for me to suggest that you approach our rivals..."

I knew that correspondence course in Machiavellian studies would come in useful.