Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Ameobi deal ripe for hijacking!

Not necessarily by us, but now that it''s common knowledge that he has had a medical and is talking to them but is still discussing terms...

...and would really rather play in the premier, all it would take is for Hull or someone to nip in there and they could swipe him from under the binner''s noses.

Well, i can dream at least - it would be funny!

[quote user="a1canary"]

Not necessarily by us, but now that it''s common knowledge that he has had a medical and is talking to them but is still discussing terms...

...and would really rather play in the premier, all it would take is for Hull or someone to nip in there and they could swipe him from under the binner''s noses.

[/quote]

To quote some twits on here, perhaps this is all part of a cunning stunt by Roeder and he will nip in at the last minute and whip Ameobi away from under the scum''s noses making the Board and Roeder  heros in the eyes of Canaries fans. On the other hand, perhaps it''s more likely that Ipswich have pulled off a real coup, Ameobi will become a scumbag hero, score and make lots of goals and gain promotion for Ipswich leaving Norwich trailing in their wake. This transfer could really become a running sore for our Board throughout the whole season.

[quote user="a1canary"]

[/quote]

Would love it, but ain''t going to happen is it?

I always thought the majority of transfer funds had been held back to land a high profile striker, but it would seem we really are church mouse poor[:''(]

don''t think it will be us but deal seems to be in motion for the past week, thats long time for deal to be completed and usually theres some complications or another club when this happens

I think there''s more to run on this one yet.  I doubt either of us will get him - he will go to WBA, Hull or Stoke IMHO.  The current very public transfer status is probably his last ditch attempt to get these guys to make their move before it''s too late, and only if they fail to grab the bait will he lower himself to play in the CCC (at wages too high by comparision to other CCC players which could well upset team spirit).  Then it will come down to his attitude of playing at a level he considers beneath him... All in all, not an ideal situation and I''d be quite happy if everyone told him to go s***w himself and sit in the Newcastle reverves!

He hasn''t gone yet and Roeder did say that his "educated guess" tells him it won''t happen.

[quote user="billy bunter"]don''t think it will be us but deal seems to be in motion for the past week, thats long time for deal to be completed and usually theres some complications or another club when this happens[/quote]

thank you thank you

could smell this a mile away