Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Re: Ameobi - failed his medical???

I can''t see why the filth would come out with this to try and get him on loan, it''s not like they need to go rooting down the back of the sofa to come up with the cash is it. It''s more likely that there is an underlying problem with the hamstring. This is going to get everyone''s hopes up again isn''t it?

When signing a player to a new contract, doesn''t that contract have to be insured?  I know in American Football, if someone goes on the injured list (PUP, Physically Unable to Play), the salary is covered by the insuring agent of the team.  Is that not the same case in the UK for football?  I don''t see the issue as it is a pre-existing condition that came as little/no surprise as it occurred 2 weeks ago.  I wouldn''t be surprised if Ipswich is getting cold feet as Ameobi might not want to sign long term with them, or Ameobi might be angling for a Norwich move and is playing hard to get in negotiations.

Ipswich fan on WOTB says

As you all know I am a true blue, but for your info regarding Ameobi

The

medical thing is a load of pony, my brother in law is a coach at ITFC

and the club knew about the hamstring when he was first in line to move

to us again.

It is not wages either he has had a change of heart for some reason, your guess is as good as mine

Posted By: magicsback on August 19th 2008 at 19:10:25

Message Thread

• As you all know I am a true blue, but for your info regarding Ameobi (NCFC) - magicsback, Aug 19, 19:10:25

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]Hahahaha- that is effing brilliant![/quote]

Where''s LondonITFC when you need him?

Just a thought....Didnt Andy (Olympic Gold in Diving) Fail a medical at Fulham but still sign? Or did Fulham say they wouldn''t pay the asking price because his medical showed up signs of an old injury?

pound to a pinch of Sh*t he signs for Us!

[quote user="AndyJR"]Ipswich fan on WOTB says

The medical thing is a load of pony, my brother in law is a coach at ITFC and the club knew about the hamstring when he was first in line to move to us again.
It is not wages either he has had a change of heart for some reason, your guess is as good as mine

Message Thread

• As you all know I am a true blue, but for your info regarding Ameobi (NCFC) - magicsback, Aug 19, 19:10:25

[/quote]

After reading the article again it sounds a bit like what happend with AJ and Fulham, a recurring injury, and maybe Ipswich don''t want to pay however much the fee was, so have gone back to Newcastle like what Fulham did and say he''s more of a risk so not worth that much.

If I was to create an optomistic conspiracy theory it would be this (and yes I have been thinking about this for a while):Ameobi has wanted out for some time. He wanted Premiership football as a priority but nothing more than basement relegation fodder clubs have come in for him. I would imagine that he wants a buy-out / relegation release clause for joining one of those. Hull and Stoke are hardly going to gamble on that, West Brom can probably feel that they can attract as good a prospect without the price/wage tag (no insult to the man meant).So here the situation is, Ameobi is going to have to look at the possibility of dropping a level. This may be a risk but it may also not be. There are players that have needed the drop down a league to re-ignite their careers. Earnshaw who lit the league up was snapped back up by a premiership team, and at the time could have potentially re-joined the premiership with Norwich had the performance of the team met his goalscoring ability.So the first person he asks his agent to speak to is Roeder. Why? Because Roeder may a) want the player b) be able to asist recomending him to another team etc.Roeder inquires about a price and it is too high so agrees to help Ameobi and announces that Ameobi is a hot prospect for any team in this league. Roeder wants Ameobi but can not justify spending that much money on one player with a whole squad infront of him to build.After a couple more weeks and Ameobi is no closer to a move the agent contacts Roeder once more and explains that Ameobi is willing to drop his wage demands but wants certain things to be assured to him ie buy out clause, if Roeder was to accept this in principle then the agent could work on the situation to a) incurage Newcastle to drop the asking price b) incurage the Norwich board to give Roeder the little extra cash it would require to get the two to meet in the middle.To do this they needed an offer to be accepted by another club, another club playing at the same level as Norwich - so why not one with a lot of money and who happen to be the main rivals in Ipswich. Official news breaks out - if the board sanction a move for Ameobi they would have a striker who is a pretty sure bet at this level and have stolen one over Ipswich, two factors in trying to get the moaning manority back on the team. The supposed injury could tempt Newcastle to drop the asking price as it will mean selling him in January when his stock will have dropped by a considerable amount and when he could speak to any club about a free move in the summer.I think it is funny that it is so detailed in its description of the injury - how often do you see that? Normally they fail a medical and you hear no more, but to fail a medical and then to suggest he could be fit by a date that is not even two weeks away?!! Surely they could wait that long for him to be fit again? And to compare him to a 30-something!That, like I said, is an optimistic conspiracy theory.

[quote user="AndyJR"]Ipswich fan on WOTB says

The medical thing is a load of pony, my brother in law is a coach at ITFC and the club knew about the hamstring when he was first in line to move to us again.

Message Thread

[/quote]

So did he say  he''s Steve Foley''s brother -in-law? (couldn''t find that post on WOTB)

[quote user="chicken"]If I was to create an optomistic conspiracy theory it would be this (and yes I have been thinking about this for a while):

Ameobi has wanted out for some time. He wanted Premiership football as a priority but nothing more than basement relegation fodder clubs have come in for him. I would imagine that he wants a buy-out / relegation release clause for joining one of those. Hull and Stoke are hardly going to gamble on that, West Brom can probably feel that they can attract as good a prospect without the price/wage tag (no insult to the man meant).

So here the situation is, Ameobi is going to have to look at the possibility of dropping a level. This may be a risk but it may also not be. There are players that have needed the drop down a league to re-ignite their careers. Earnshaw who lit the league up was snapped back up by a premiership team, and at the time could have potentially re-joined the premiership with Norwich had the performance of the team met his goalscoring ability.

So the first person he asks his agent to speak to is Roeder. Why? Because Roeder may a) want the player b) be able to asist recomending him to another team etc.

Roeder inquires about a price and it is too high so agrees to help Ameobi and announces that Ameobi is a hot prospect for any team in this league. Roeder wants Ameobi but can not justify spending that much money on one player with a whole squad infront of him to build.

After a couple more weeks and Ameobi is no closer to a move the agent contacts Roeder once more and explains that Ameobi is willing to drop his wage demands but wants certain things to be assured to him ie buy out clause, if Roeder was to accept this in principle then the agent could work on the situation to a) incurage Newcastle to drop the asking price b) incurage the Norwich board to give Roeder the little extra cash it would require to get the two to meet in the middle.

To do this they needed an offer to be accepted by another club, another club playing at the same level as Norwich - so why not one with a lot of money and who happen to be the main rivals in Ipswich. Official news breaks out - if the board sanction a move for Ameobi they would have a striker who is a pretty sure bet at this level and have stolen one over Ipswich, two factors in trying to get the moaning manority back on the team. The supposed injury could tempt Newcastle to drop the asking price as it will mean selling him in January when his stock will have dropped by a considerable amount and when he could speak to any club about a free move in the summer.

I think it is funny that it is so detailed in its description of the injury - how often do you see that? Normally they fail a medical and you hear no more, but to fail a medical and then to suggest he could be fit by a date that is not even two weeks away?!! Surely they could wait that long for him to be fit again? And to compare him to a 30-something!

That, like I said, is an optimistic conspiracy theory.
[/quote]

I still think in his heart Shola would like to work with Roeder and Clark again so you could well be right that his agent is trying to push through a move to us. It''s more a case of does Glenn want him at the price we''d have to pay? I would assume he may not blink until 11.59 on Monday 1st September then sign Ameobi either at rock bottom price or on loan. But if we''ve already got this other mystery targetman (Iversen- Bishop) by then, Glenn may not go in for Shola at all.

How about this for a theory?

I was attending a "working at heights" safety course today in Cheshire when I was stunned to find out that the two of the guys on the same course where ITFC maintenance men (would you feel safe working on that roof?). This led to a bit of lively banter as you can guess, as I don''t tend to come across many binmen in the NW but as the day went on, it was clear that most of the safety gear these guys were working with was illegal, out of date or generally sh*gged out.

Maybe they got word to Magilton he couldn''t spend his Evans'' millions on Ameobi as he would need to buy some new harnesses and fall arrest kits before the Health & Safety Executive closed the place down.

Haven''t got as much cash as they would like us to think they have - the guys had been given a cheapo rail warrant that meant they couldn''t get home to the Jewel of the Orwell until about 11pm.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="AndyJR"]Ipswich fan on WOTB says

Message Thread

[/quote]

So did he say  he''s Steve Foley''s brother -in-law? (couldn''t find that post on WOTB)

[/quote]

Here is the post CA......

http://www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk/interactive/board/message.php?pid=886756