Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

This is the Final Straw, Delia, Do One NOW

As I''ve stated on other threads, throwing money at it does not offer a realistic and sustainable solution. Just look at the Ipswich scenario this season - the Debt started at circa £35M and taking on board Interest Costs, plus this seasons transfer money, wages, signing on fees etc, say min £10M, looks like a potentail debt well over £40M, hoping for promotion to the promised land. If it doesn''t come off, then IMHO they are in a serious mess. Is that what we want?

[quote user="Big Ginge"][quote user="Matt Juler"]

The Turner''s are also quoted to have a lot of cash, but again most of this is tied up in businesses and not readily available at this time. [/quote]

Of course the Turners don''t have a Post Office acount with £750 million in it. Well I doubt it anyway.

However they do have massive security and could raise cash very easily. Even Peter Cullum said he wouldn''t look to clear all the debts just renegotiate

[/quote]Why don''t you remortgage your house and put the cash in the transfer fund if you want the Turners to borrow against their business?

[quote user="Jack Flash"]

As I''ve stated on other threads, throwing money at it does not offer a realistic and sustainable solution. Just look at the Ipswich scenario this season - the Debt started at circa £35M and taking on board Interest Costs, plus this seasons transfer money, wages, signing on fees etc, say min £10M, looks like a potentail debt well over £40M, hoping for promotion to the promised land. If it doesn''t come off, then IMHO they are in a serious mess. Is that what we want?

[/quote]There is nothing anywhere to say Ipswich have to get promotion this season or Evans will pull the plug. My guess would be that he will continue to invest until they get promotion which will happen sooner rather than later if he continues to invest as he has done. It has been proven time and again that money as long as you have a good manager to spend it wisely usually means you will have some degree of success. We have someone who is far wealthier than Evans and who also happens to be a fan who wants the club,we should be going out of our way to get him involved in the club. We need the kind of money Cullum could offer to be successful, if he was involved we would have the money to compete with the big boys in this division without putting the club at risk. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Be Smart "]

If as it now appears that Shola Ameobi is about to sign for the Binners, then this is an insult to Roeder, the club and the fans.

We all know that Roeder highly rates Shola and wants him here, but if he goes to Ipswich then it proves the board have yet again LIED to us and to Roeder.

Remember the statement if Glenn keeps us up blah, blah, blah.

We are desperate for someone like Shola, he wants to come, Glenn wants him, so whats the issue?

The issue is the board are not prepared to support the manager & that my friends is a bloody disgrace.

As someone said as part of another thread, this could be the straw the breaks the camels back!

Bye, Bye then Glenn and thanks for keeping us up last season.

Delia one last thing, if you Really love the club sell Now

[/quote]

Too right Be Smart. If this board dont buck up their ideas pronto its only a matter of time before Roeder calls their bluff. He knows he has the fans on his side. Im amazed he''s put up with their pathetic s##t this long to be honest.......Roeder needs to say something.

[/quote]

I am not surprised in the slightest... Roeder is as stupid as his employers.

It was so obvious that this scenario was going to be the likely outcome from day one.

[/quote]

Roeder isnt stupid Smudger, a little flippant maybe but certainly not stupid. This is proven by the fact he has assembled a half decent squad on a miniscule budget, coupled with the fact we are at last playing half decent football again.

Roeder finds himself in a situation where he knows his job is relatively safe. He knows the board cant/wont sack him regardless of table standings this season. Why? Because they havent backed him financially. The board are playing a very cruel game with the future of our club, a game that will eventually backfire.

You''re right, it was obvious this scenario was the likely outcome. Do you think it would be any different if the board had appointed a different manager? Its not about the manager. Its about the lack of transfer funds.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Smudger you never responded to my reply after you brandished me a fan of Delia yesterday.....do you always run scared once you are challenged?[/quote]

What reply?  What thread?

Was probably not worth reading, let alone responding to ncfcstar

In the thread about 1992-1993, you asked me some questions, which I kindly responded too, you then chose to ignore my response...

So here it is once more:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry I thought I would come down to your pathetic level Smudger.

If you have read my posts since the Cullum saga, then you would understand that I want Delia Out as well, I even had the Delia Out banner in my sig at one point. So before you start branding me with the "Percy" jibe do some research.

I am being far more realistic than you "dear boy" because I am not holding out on Cullum coming in, because at the moment there is no chance. Therefore at the moment, however much I want Delia out, we are going to have to live with her. If it gets to the point where protests are clearly needed then I would happily join in. Your blinkered view is quite unbelievable really, you claim that the Delia Supporters are naive, but even though you are the opposing argument the same word could be used for you, just try and think realistically for once please! Do you honestly believe we would seriously have a 40,000 stadium already? No of course we wouldn''t, and would we sell it out when we only had 23,000 on Saturday? No we wouldn''t.

Last seasons FA Cup was a freak competition, and I can assure you it wont happen this year, on anyones day Smudger teams can turn over the top teams. Remember when we beat Man U 2-0? So your argument about these teams is nonsensical really, do you really think Cardiff and Barnsley could survive in the Premiership???

Money is 9/10th''s of the law in football unfortunately, and Cullum would have given us that. BUT until we all know solid facts we are basing our arguments on assumptions. Therefore I reserve judgment on it. I would love to see him here, as much as I would love to see Delia go, but we do not know what he offered and therefore we can not go out making rash comments. Obviously we need a big backer, but was Cullum the right man, I would hope he is, but we just don''t know!

So "dear boy" think before you post about my attitude towards the board, or "you losers" who are just as blinkered as the Delia Supporters will lose all respectability on this board.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Be Smart "]

If as it now appears that Shola Ameobi is about to sign for the Binners, then this is an insult to Roeder, the club and the fans.

We all know that Roeder highly rates Shola and wants him here, but if he goes to Ipswich then it proves the board have yet again LIED to us and to Roeder.

We are desperate for someone like Shola, he wants to come, Glenn wants him, so whats the issue?

The issue is the board are not prepared to support the manager & that my friends is a bloody disgrace.

As someone said as part of another thread, this could be the straw the breaks the camels back!

[/quote]

Too right Be Smart. If this board dont buck up their ideas pronto its only a matter of time before Roeder calls their bluff. He knows he has the fans on his side. Im amazed he''s put up with their pathetic s##t this long to be honest.......Roeder needs to say something.

[/quote]

It was so obvious that this scenario was going to be the likely outcome from day one.

[/quote]

Roeder isnt stupid Smudger, a little flippant maybe but certainly not stupid. This is proven by the fact he has assembled a half decent squad on a miniscule budget, coupled with the fact we are at last playing half decent football again.

Roeder finds himself in a situation where he knows his job is relatively safe. He knows the board cant/wont sack him regardless of table standings this season. Why? Because they havent backed him financially. The board are playing a very cruel game with the future of our club, a game that will eventually backfire.

You''re right, it was obvious this scenario was the likely outcome. Do you think it would be any different if the board had appointed a different manager? Its not about the manager. Its about the lack of transfer funds.

[/quote]

Yes I agree with you that the board would not of given any manager the money to spend.

Roeder however was one of the few managers who were either stupid enough or desperate enough to take the poisioned chalice and therefore I have no sympathy for him when the inevitable flack will drift downstream in his direction too.

I would also say that he has not assembled a half decent squad, as our final league position this season will no doubt underline.  Not saying it is entirely his fault and he undoubtedly has some very useful contacts in the game, but I think that he is a very foolish man to allow our shocking boardroom staff to place him in such a position.

I am sure that Roeder will look back and regret the way that Delia & Co have used him at Carrow Road.

Don''t ever expect me to have a debate with you now Smudger, if you run when challenged, and then moan about what people say, you have 0 respectability in my eyes. In fact you are just a troll aren''t you.

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

And what about now it appears he''s not about to sign?

[quote user="kdncfc"]

Makes it even more bewildering how they can turn a billionaire away without a second thought. [/quote]

If Cullum invests £20m in buying new ordinary shares and becomes the majority block, then in effect Delia''s & MWJ.''s block of ordinary shares (valued at roughly £9.8m @ £30 per ordinary share) would have little or no value as they wouldn''t have the power that goes along with the majority block.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="kdncfc"]

Makes it even more bewildering how they can turn a billionaire away without a second thought. [/quote]

If Cullum invests £20m in buying new ordinary shares and becomes the majority block, then in effect Delia''s & MWJ.''s block of ordinary shares (valued at roughly £9.8m @ £30 per ordinary share) would have little or no value as they wouldn''t have the power that goes along with the majority block.

[/quote]

Presumably therefore, they might find it difficult to sell if they decided that they had had enough. Who would want to pay that sort of money for a minority interest?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Big Ginge"][quote user="Matt Juler"]

The Turner''s are also quoted to have a lot of cash, but again most of this is tied up in businesses and not readily available at this time.

[/quote]

Of course the Turners don''t have a Post Office acount with £750 million in it. Well I doubt it anyway.

However they do have massive security and could raise cash very easily. Even Peter Cullum said he wouldn''t look to clear all the debts just renegotiate

[/quote]

Why don''t you remortgage your house and put the cash in the transfer fund if you want the Turners to borrow against their business?
[/quote]

Personally I don''t want anything from the Turners anymore, just to see the back of them. They have demonstrated their level of commitment to the club for me.

You have to speculate to accumulate. This Board are not prepared to speculate, because they couldn''t care less about promotion. Midtable Championship mediocrity suits them fine, the trouble is they aren''t even preprared to stump up enough to maintain that level, as last season showed.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I agree with you that the board would not of given any manager the money to spend.

Roeder however was one of the few managers who were either stupid enough or desperate enough to take the poisioned chalice and therefore I have no sympathy for him when the inevitable flack will drift downstream in his direction too.

I would also say that he has not assembled a half decent squad, as our final league position this season will no doubt underline.  Not saying it is entirely his fault and he undoubtedly has some very useful contacts in the game, but I think that he is a very foolish man to allow our shocking boardroom staff to place him in such a position.

I am sure that Roeder will look back and regret the way that Delia & Co have used him at Carrow Road.

[/quote]

But doesnt that imply that every Norwich City manager is stupid simply because he took the job? Is it just me or is it a bit harsh to call a man stupid because he takes a job? Theres nothing desperate about it. Its a job. You cant blame Roeder for the clubs financial shortcomings. There is only one person resposable for that. I think you know her name.......

[quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]To who? You?

Listen carefully children.Roeder put a valuation on Taylor. Below the max funds that were available. Way below.

The bid was rejected. It was increased by 30%. Thirty percent. It was refused. That was Roeders top valuation. We walked away. It was not the board that blocked any transfer.Ameobi was being touted for £3.5m. Roeders valuation ROEDERS, not the boards, was far less. Unless the amount acceptable by Newcastle comes down to a level that Roeder deems acceptable then we walk away.Roeder is a grown man. he''s a professional with his finger on the pulse of player values. He''s not some puppet of the board. its not his style. He''s opinionated and outspoken. if he was being shafted by the the board he''d walk in a heartbeat. Dont taint him with your own snivelling yes man mentalityThe transfer budget he was given on taking the job was £6m to INCLUDE the initail 12 month contracts. Factor into this any savings on the squad he inherited. you do the maths. Its very complex and extremely flexible.Some seasons we''re good, some we''re shit, some we''re mediocre. Its life. get over it

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Link please.  I remember lots of people saying that this was said but not the quote.  Is this another urban myth like the Cullen offer and the £56million sale price?

[/quote]

Yes, Cambridge, can I help you?

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

To who? You?

Listen carefully children.

Roeder put a valuation on Taylor. Below the max funds that were available. Way below. The bid was rejected. It was increased by 30%. Thirty percent. It was refused. That was Roeders top valuation. We walked away. It was not the board that blocked any transfer.

Ameobi was being touted for £3.5m. Roeders valuation ROEDERS, not the boards, was far less. Unless the amount acceptable by Newcastle comes down to a level that Roeder deems acceptable then we walk away.

Roeder is a grown man. he''s a professional with his finger on the pulse of player values. He''s not some puppet of the board. its not his style. He''s opinionated and outspoken. if he was being shafted by the the board he''d walk in a heartbeat. Dont taint him with your own snivelling yes man mentality

The transfer budget he was given on taking the job was £6m to INCLUDE the initail 12 month contracts. Factor into this any savings on the squad he inherited. you do the maths. Its very complex and extremely flexible.

Some seasons we''re good, some we''re shit, some we''re mediocre. Its life. get over it
[/quote]

How do you know his transfer budget is 6 million, that is obviously a complete guess, the Chief Executive sorts out the price for the player with his opposite, the manager has a budget but does not say how much we get for a player or how much we pay,

[quote user="steve o"]

How do you know his transfer budget is 6 million, that is obviously a complete guess, the Chief Executive sorts out the price for the player with his opposite, the manager has a budget but does not say how much we get for a player or how much we pay,

[/quote]yeah ok.... you''re right. I know nothing

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

To who? You?

Roeder put a valuation on Taylor. Below the max funds that were available. Way below. The bid was rejected. It was increased by 30%. Thirty percent. It was refused. That was Roeders top valuation. We walked away. It was not the board that blocked any transfer.

Ameobi was being touted for £3.5m. Roeders valuation ROEDERS, not the boards, was far less. Unless the amount acceptable by Newcastle comes down to a level that Roeder deems acceptable then we walk away.

Roeder is a grown man. he''s a professional with his finger on the pulse of player values. He''s not some puppet of the board. its not his style. He''s opinionated and outspoken. if he was being shafted by the the board he''d walk in a heartbeat. Dont taint him with your own snivelling yes man mentality

The transfer budget he was given on taking the job was £6m to INCLUDE the initail 12 month contracts. Factor into this any savings on the squad he inherited. you do the maths. Its very complex and extremely flexible.

Some seasons we''re good, some we''re shit, some we''re mediocre. Its life. get over it
[/quote]

.......And sometimes you have three seasons of decline culminating in a lowest finish for decades and near relegation, in a period of unparalleled income for the club (the £9m profit from the Prem season, £14.1m parachute payments, £19m transfer income, sell-out crowds, £1.5m loan written off, £1.1m from the hotel etc., etc.) and somehow manage to end up with a squad which cost less than the one which got promoted to earn all that enormous squandered income in the first place.

But of course, no-one can be to blame for that- what a ridiculous thought!!  *Shrugs shoulders*, it`s just the way things go isn`t it......? [:|]  [8-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

To who? You?

[/quote]

.......And sometimes you have three seasons of decline culminating in a lowest finish for decades and near relegation, in a period of unparalleled income for the club (the £9m profit from the Prem season, £14.1m parachute payments, £19m transfer income, sell-out crowds, £1.5m loan written off, £1.1m from the hotel etc., etc.) and somehow manage to end up with a squad which cost less than the one which got promoted to earn all that enormous squandered income in the first place.

But of course, no-one can be to blame for that- what a ridiculous thought!!  *Shrugs shoulders*, it`s just the way things go isn`t it......? [:|]  [8-)]

[/quote]

Life really is a bummer sometimes isn''t it?       [;)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]In the thread about 1992-1993, you asked me some questions, which I kindly responded too, you then chose to ignore my response... So here it is once more: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sorry I thought I would come down to your pathetic level Smudger. If you have read my posts since the Cullum saga, then you would understand that I want Delia Out as well, I even had the Delia Out banner in my sig at one point. So before you start branding me with the "Percy" jibe do some research. I am being far more realistic than you "dear boy" because I am not holding out on Cullum coming in, because at the moment there is no chance. Therefore at the moment, however much I want Delia out, we are going to have to live with her. If it gets to the point where protests are clearly needed then I would happily join in. Your blinkered view is quite unbelievable really, you claim that the Delia Supporters are naive, but even though you are the opposing argument the same word could be used for you, just try and think realistically for once please! Do you honestly believe we would seriously have a 40,000 stadium already? No of course we wouldn''t, and would we sell it out when we only had 23,000 on Saturday? No we wouldn''t. Last seasons FA Cup was a freak competition, and I can assure you it wont happen this year, on anyones day Smudger teams can turn over the top teams. Remember when we beat Man U 2-0? So your argument about these teams is nonsensical really, do you really think Cardiff and Barnsley could survive in the Premiership??? Money is 9/10th''s of the law in football unfortunately, and Cullum would have given us that. BUT until we all know solid facts we are basing our arguments on assumptions. Therefore I reserve judgment on it. I would love to see him here, as much as I would love to see Delia go, but we do not know what he offered and therefore we can not go out making rash comments. Obviously we need a big backer, but was Cullum the right man, I would hope he is, but we just don''t know! So "dear boy" think before you post about my attitude towards the board, or "you losers" who are just as blinkered as the Delia Supporters will lose all respectability on this board.[/quote]

Who wants respectability from a fool like you?

If the penny hasn''t dropped firmly yet for any fans out there then it never will.

A step in to the unknown surely has to be better than signing up for consistent failure as so many seem so happy to do (including yourself).

As for Barnsley in the Premiership, didn''t they survive for a season not so long back (when they we''re playing just like Brazil)?

40,000 stadium I said we would fill if we were succesful.  Point me to what facts you have to suggest this is unlikely considering we have had 25,000 nearly every week to watch awful football over the last 3 years.  If we were at the top end of the Championship and only let in 2,000 away fans we could hit 30,000 every week if Carrow Road was big enough.
Of course our illustrious board decided that it was in the best interests for the club to have a hotel in the corner.... so along with persistant selling of of our star players we are obviously not going to see such theories tested under the unambitious occupants of the boardroom we currently have to endure.

I am sure that NCFC has enough support to sell out 40,000 for many games if we were an established Premiership club... although of course I may be wrong, because we may just lose a few of our ''little Norwich lovers'' and ''football is a nice day out brigade'' then. 

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="Be Smart "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But doesnt that imply that every Norwich City manager is stupid simply because he took the job? Is it just me or is it a bit harsh to call a man stupid because he takes a job? Theres nothing desperate about it. Its a job. You cant blame Roeder for the clubs financial shortcomings. There is only one person resposable for that. I think you know her name.......

[/quote]

Maybe a little harsh I will agree... he worked wonders last season to keep us up and I take my hat off to him for that!

He is very foolish though to be making the jokes about the money we have (or lack of it) and standing by his employers who are going to undo all of the hard work that he put in last season.  The respect around the rest of the country for Glen and the job that he done last season is in danger of being lost because he does not have the balls to stand up to employers who are quite frankly taking the pee out of him.

Many managers would of spoken up by now and I am pretty sure that it will be harming Glen''s reputation around the country with other fans for keeping shtum.

If I was a highly paid football manager I think that I would rather be valued by the fans (paying public) rather than the employer.

You keep forgetting that I am not a fan of the board Smudger, it therefore makes your insults towards me seem rather pathetic. So does wanting the board out, but not pinning my colours to the Cullum mast mean I am a fool? So be it then, because from where I am looking the fool is the one following an unconfirmed offer for the club. It is easy to live in a Fools Paradise Smudger, perhaps you should really try and be slightly more realistic. Yes we both want the board to move, but where do you realistically see that offer coming from?

Barnsley did not survive, and it was the 97/98 season, perhaps you are thinking of Bradford, and look what the Prem did to them, no money, League Two, and a half finished stadium.

I don''t agree with the hotel either, but 40,000 is a huge leap from 26,000 atm. I honestly am not sure if we would fill it, Ipswich, who also haven''t had the best of their footballing history recently built a 30,000 capacity stadium when they were in the Prem and they struggle to fill it. I know it is a poor comparison, but I think 40,000 is too much, where are you going to get an extra 16,000 seats in anyway? Because an extension to the City Stand would surely not provide that.

I think your last point is naive beyond all belief, if we were an established Premier League club, we would have more fairweather fans than you could shake your Delia Out Banner at. And what if we had this 40,000 stadium, and got relegated, what then?

I don''t really know why I bother responding to you, because you throw out cheap insults like no tomorrow, but lets see if you can manage reasoned debate.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="steve o"]

How do you know his transfer budget is 6 million,

[/quote]

Was. Read.
[/quote]

Ok how do you know it ''Was''?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

I don''t really know why I bother responding to you, because you throw out cheap insults like no tomorrow, but lets see if you can manage reasoned debate.[/quote]I think we both know the answer to that.He won''t debate when he''s Cluck,so he''s certainly not going to do so when posting as his psychopathic (well, when safely hidden behind a keyboard,at least) alter ego!