Sign in to follow this  
Apache

About Jürgen Colin (from a spanish supporter)

Hi! First of all, sorry about my bad command of english. I´m from the north of Spain (a city called Gijón) and I´m a Sporting de Gijón supporter. Sporting de Gijón is a club which plays La Liga (our Premier Division). By the way, I think that Norwich and Sporting were both founded in 1905, so we have something in common. Well, the reason I´m writting here is because my team wants to sign for the next year a former player of Norwich City and Ajax called Jürgen Colin. I don´t know if this is the right place to talk about this topic but I would appreciate your opinions about this player and his position, skills, if he is good-natured or bad-tempered or whatever.

Thanks and good luck for the next season. I hope you are going to play in the Premier League very soon. If you are interested in my team, you can visit this web: http://www.portalsportinguista.com/ . Foro means Message Board in spanish.

Next sunday we are going to play against AC Milan. I hope we will win!

Bye!

Showed some skill and had a strnge ability to dispossess an oppo player by wrapping his leg around from behind. Medium pace, bit lightweight and generally a bit naive..... played very much like a young player who had been moved up too early..... except I dont think he''ll improve. I wont miss him.Rioja amigo

What i can remmember of him, i thought he was a good play linked up well with the attacking right midfieldeir that played at that time, and had his own attacking runs. Adn i could be wrong but iam have this feeling that he could cross a ball.

Anyway were did he go after Norwich?

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

What i can remmember of him, i thought he was a good play linked up well with the attacking right midfieldeir that played at that time, and had his own attacking runs. Adn i could be wrong but iam have this feeling that he could cross a ball.

[/quote]

Ajax!

I think he went to Ajax but Van Basten doesn´t want him to play there.

Thanks for the answers!

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

[/quote]

Ajax, believe it or not!  He was a tidy player, nearly always retained possession and a decent passer and crosser but looked scared to cross the halfway line and was a bit lightweight for a defender.  I don`t think you will have any disciplinary problems with him Apache- he always came accross as un poco nervioso.

I''m suprised he''s moving abroad again, I thought he couldn''t settle with us because he was homesick.

Looked a reasonably solid defender but was always afraid to get forward.  I don''t think he''ll ever quite make the grade.  La Liga will be too good for him I would think.

I can distinctly remember in a his first pre-season match at Carrow Road Vs Inter Milan he blased past two difenders, hit the byline like a freight train and swung in one of the best ''whipped crosses'' I''ve ever witness right onto a city players forehead, I was so, so exited!

He never did it again though, didn''t seem to have any confidence in league matches, but there were some signs he had the ability! Good luck! Keep us up to date with your team, we could have the very first ''Pink''un messageboard - Twinned with Sporting Gijon'' type arrangement!!

Tom

[quote user="BunnyB"]strange I thought AC Milan were an Italian team, strange they would be playing in SpainHmm [^o)][/quote]

Embarrassing isn''t it.

I can remember Colin looking good that game, I had high hopes for him as I was young and naive... I heard that he''d come through at PSV and I was convinced he''d be a star signing for us.  He didn''t look too bad on the right though, certainly better than Louis-Jean!I think he could do a good job for you Apache, that''s if he settles alright in Spain and is eased into the team gently .  Although I wouldn''t  even like to imagine how well he''d do up against the likes of Barcelona and Madrid.Good luck against Milan!

[quote user="Apache"]

Hi! First of all, sorry about my bad command of english. I´m from the north of Spain (a city called Gijón) and I´m a Sporting de Gijón supporter. Sporting de Gijón is a club which plays La Liga (our Premier Division). By the way, I think that Norwich and Sporting were both founded in 1905, so we have something in common. Well, the reason I´m writting here is because my team wants to sign for the next year a former player of Norwich City and Ajax called Jürgen Colin. I don´t know if this is the right place to talk about this topic but I would appreciate your opinions about this player and his position, skills, if he is good-natured or bad-tempered or whatever.

Thanks and good luck for the next season. I hope you are going to play in the Premier League very soon. If you are interested in my team, you can visit this web: http://www.portalsportinguista.com/ . Foro means Message Board in spanish.

Next sunday we are going to play against AC Milan. I hope we will win!

Bye!

[/quote]

Jurgen Colin has good technique and is comfortable passer of the ball but because he didnt run around like a headless chicken and hammer into people english style some fans did not rate him.I thought he was a good player just at the wrong club in the wrong league for him to shine. 

[quote user="Apache"]

[quote user="BunnyB"]strange I thought AC Milan were an Italian team, strange they would be playing in SpainHmm [^o)][/quote]

It´s a friendly match. La Liga starts next August 31th.

You can see the notice of this match in the AC Milan web. [;)]

http://www.acmilan.com/InfoPage.aspx?id=70953

[/quote]ye fair enough mate, apologies

I rated Jurgen, although he was scared to get forward, which means I don''t think he was suited to this league. He had great technique, and could pass the ball with ease. It''s a shame we let him go really, I reckon if Glenn had been here before Colin''s departure he would still be here. Grant just didn''t understand him as a footballer.

Thanks to everybody for your kind answers. It´s official. Jürgen Colin is finally player of the Sporting de Gijón since this morning. We are talking abour your opinions in our Forum now. I hope he will be an important part of our team next year. Messi, Henry, Robinho and Robben are scared now. [:D]

pretty sure NCFC were formed in 1902

i have been to the north of Spain a few times and do really like the area - but can''t decide if I prefer Deportivo De La Coruna or Real Racing Santander. i think the blue and white of Coruna is making me more of a Santander fan...

[quote user="Apache"]

Thanks to everybody for your kind answers. It´s official. Jürgen Colin is finally player of the Sporting de Gijón since this morning. We are talking abour your opinions in our Forum now. I hope he will be an important part of our team next year. Messi, Henry, Robinho and Robben are scared now. [:D]

[/quote]

Nice one, good luck! [:D]

we were formed in 1902.

I liked Jurgen colin... Not a bad player i think.. didnt get forward at all though! he was definately a defensive player...

We''ve had worse though!

jas :)

Oh! I thought that Norwich had been founded in 1905 but I see that the foundation of your club was in 1902. And my friend San Miguel, I think this is the best moment to become a Sporting supporter. [;)] Gijón is between Coruña and Santander. Deportivo de La Coruña and Racing de Santander are rivals of our team and I don´t like them very much. Our colours are red and white.

By the way, who the fuck is Delia?!?!?

Go Norwich City!

Puxa Sporting!

Maybe we will play together in the UEFA Cup in a couple of years, although Champions League would be much better!!! [:D]

[quote user="Apache"]

Oh! I thought that Norwich had been founded in 1905 but I see that the foundation of your club was in 1902. And my friend San Miguel, I think this is the best moment to become a Sporting supporter. [;)] Gijón is between Coruña and Santander. Deportivo de La Coruña and Racing de Santander are rivals of our team and I don´t like them very much. Our colours are red and white.

By the way, who the fuck is Delia?!?!?

Go Norwich City!

Puxa Sporting!

Maybe we will play together in the UEFA Cup in a couple of years, although Champions League would be much better!!! [:D]

[/quote]

ROFL, this will take some explaining!  Who`s up for it?

Good luck mate, i love your part of Spain and hope to see the Picos de Europa soon.  I think Colin now he`s more experienced could do a good job for you. [Y]

[quote user="Apache"]

[/quote]

That would be the same year we win the Premiership and the FA Cup.................2231. [:(]

Hang on now everyone!!

If you remember Colin statrted off as a reasonably attacking full back.  Then, every time he went over the halfway line, Worthy was screaming at him to get back.  This aroused quite some curiosity on this board at the time especially given Worthy''s own pedigree as a reasonably aggressive fullback.

This was the first demonstarble sign that Worthy was losing the plot.

End result was that Colin became a nervous wreck and turned into the player you all describe.

BUT he didn''t start like that and but for Worthy''s intervention, it could have been different.

Hello from Spain,

This is same information about my team Sporting of Gijon:

Sporting of Gijón was League Sub-Champion once (Real Madrid wan it), and Spanish Cup Sub-Champion twice (the finals were won by Real Madrid and FC Barcelona).

The young players who come up through the club´s youth are ones of the best of Spain like Luis Enrique, Abelardo o David Villa.