Sign in to follow this  
super canary

steve howard?

am i correct in thinking we had a 500,000 bid rejected a few weeks back by leicester? i wouldnt bet against him coming to city before the end of august. i think he could do a job and is exactly the kind of striker glen wants,plus im not sure he would want to be playing league one football as i think he is of a better standard (no offence to lower league teams) what do ya''ll think?

I have a feeling Glenn knew 500k would not get him, plenty of us have said it maybe was a ploy to get the likes of newcastle and rosenborg thinking "Heck... Glenn is after someone else, should we sell while we have the chance?"

However considering it looks unlikely we will get either Steffen or Shola, I think Howard is a good buy if it WAS a genuine attempt to sign him.

Considering Shola or Steffen''s price would be in the millions, we can get Howard cheap compared to others, AND he is proven at this level for being a good player at holding up the ball and bringing others into play.

JUST GET SOMEONE PLEASE GLENN! :)

I think some are thinking like me - I''m bored of waiting for this target man, I just want someone who is decent enough to play at this level, Howard is, to come in and hold the ball up for us.

The longer this goes on the more games we play well and fail to score

totally agree. from what i have seen there hasnt been much noted interest in him from other clubs and, as you say, he would be cheap-ish. also,he seems like the type of player who gives it 100% each time and just gets on with the job...which can only be a positive thing.

[quote user="Joe Strummer R.I.P."]He''s no better than Alan Lee, and we all know what everyone thinks about him![/quote]

I agree,but thought the Gow comment was interesting.

[quote user="Joe Strummer R.I.P."]I must have missed that-what comment?[/quote]

This one

"Fresh speculation north of the border yesterday linked one-time Norwich target Alan Gow with a permanent transfer window move from Rangers. Roeder reportedly held talks with the powerful 25-year-old forward earlier this summer before a proposed move to Championship rivals Burnley collapsed."

Gow''s agent claimed some time ago that he wanted to come to us,but was waiting to hear from Roeder.

Ah those comments, I recognize them :) It does seem a shame really, Gow pretty much said he wanted to come to us, and Glenn just sort of, after all the talking and efforts that had already been made, said no...

Bizarre situation that one, still would like to see him here

He apparently made a lot of Anthony Stokes'' goals when they were at Falkirk, I know a lot of people don''t rate Scottish football though. Is he a target man anyway? I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder.

[quote user="Joe Strummer R.I.P."]

He apparently made a lot of Anthony Stokes'' goals when they were at Falkirk, I know a lot of people don''t rate Scottish football though. Is he a target man anyway? I thought he was more of an attacking midfielder.

[/quote]

I think that''s probably why Roeder went cold on the deal.He  can play midfield or upfront,but at 6''0 and 11 stone I''m not sure he fits the target man mould.Decent player,though,who has been poorly treated at Rangers.