Sign in to follow this  
I beat Atalanta

Chase fans

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="crafty canary"]

The facts are that under Chase this club experienced its most successful period on the pitch and the ground was improved and the Colney training complex developed. Unfortunately Big Bob financed everything short term which left him open to pressure from the Banks. Although this nearly brought the club to ruin it wasn''t the value of the debt so much as the way it was structured.

Under the cook the ground has improved further but despite a brief flurry the football has gone backwards. Taxi for the cook!! 

[/quote]Just remember who saved the club from ruin[/quote]

Geoffrey Watling RIP helped by Mr Armstrong (ex CEO of Norwich & Peterborough Building Society) and Gordon Bennett (currently at Plymouth Argyle).

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

He was cynically lynched

[/quote]

Speaking of cynical, wasn''t he a major shareholder/owner in a very large construction company who also happened to do the majority of building work on our ground???

[/quote]

It was Carters who built our stands.

Chase''s building company was not in the same league in terms of turnover as Carters.

BTW the South led board was reported to have resigned en masse over the awarding of the contract re the G. Watling (City) stand.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

He was cynically lynched

[/quote]

Most of the work was done during the recession wasn''t it??? a notoriously bad time for the building trade. I wonder if he charged full price or did mates rates???

[/quote]

Does it matter that NCFC got good prices for the construction work? More money for the team in that case, so what are you whinging about?

Given what I was told about the price of the double row of boxes end stand at  Maine Rd ground, Chase got NCFC good prices for our stands.