Sign in to follow this  
Here We Go

Worst of the century (So Far)

I knew I had seen Sharp Shooter before on another thread but couldnt remember what it was.    Yeah, good one on spoiling our fun on the poll.    For that, I reckon your IQ is about 9 now.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Did Coote leave before 2000?[/quote]

i think he played 99/2000 season but left after that... im sure he did! Wasnt his Own goal against Fulham in 99/00?

jas :)

Daryl Sutch deserves a special mention methinks, he wasn''t great at his peak (ho,ho) but towards the end of his career...... nuff said.

Also Jean Yves de Blasiis, Keith Briggs and Kevin Lisbie should be up for nomination!!!

Briggs only had something like 45 minutes of competitive action under

his belt before Eddy took the RB position by storm like a latter-day

Nedegaard... Briggs was, however, a complete c*ck so his inclusion is

allowed...

Sharp Shooter, yes it was he who spoilt all our fun on the Poll, knew

the name rang a bell... oh well, just one of many who''ll disappear in a

few weeks when school starts again... no loss, this one...

This thread is truly frightening reading.

Gary Holt?!?!? Gary Doherty?!?!?! Matthew Pattison?!?!? Jeeeeeeeez. Short term memory is a phrase that springs to mind.

And we''ve watched such delights as Daryl Sutch, Anselin, Dalglish, Llewelyn, Steve Walsh, Emblem, Trevor Benjamin, PETER GRANT, Cottee, Nicky Southall, Keith Briggs, Zema Abbey (oh come on, he was crap!) !

Holt (absolutely ridiculous choice), Doherty and Pattison are nowhere near as bad as any of the dross I''ve just mentioned, and that was without really thinking about it.

You know when people put "Fact" after a sentence, when what they''ve just expressed is in only an opinion? I hate that. But here it is justified.

Anyone who picks Gary Holt for any kind of worst XI is a moron. FACT.

[quote user="Sharp Shooter"]I''m going to go with the two Gary''s of Holt and Doherty[/quote]

Sorry, I have to disagree with putting Gary Holt in, he had a poor last season with us but he was probably our most consistent player for 3 seasons before that.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

You know when people put "Fact" after a sentence, when what they''ve just expressed is in only an opinion? I hate that. But here it is justified.

Anyone who picks Gary Holt for any kind of worst XI is a moron. FACT.

[/quote]

Agreed.  The only negative thing i can say about Holt is that he was out of his depth in the Prem- and that`s hardly his fault.

Fatty Patty is a bad player and always will be a bad player. And i was going to say zema abbey but just couldn''t remmeber his name, it slipped my mind. And i can''t really say i know players from yester year. being only twenty my ideas of players form the early 90''s and nearer to the turn of the century is a bit much being young i thought all norwich players were god however bad they were.

Now posters can go on and on about how crap Gary Holt, Gary Doherty, Carl Robinson and Matty Pattison are/were but how is that reconciled with the fact they are all international footballers? Now I know Scotland, Wales, Republic of Ireland and South Ifricaa are not gonna win the next World Cup but for heavens sake these players must be better than some of the nobody''s we had play for us over the last 8 seasons.

It''s all about opinions though. My personal worst were Derveld and de Waard. And I think Laugh Of The Century was when Megson took Derveld on loan to WBA. He soon sent him back though!! But it would have been Sale Of The Century if he''d actually bought him [;)]

[quote user="CanaryRyan"]

Whoever mentioned Daryl Sutch, i totally agree!

Worst penalty ive ever seen against Brum in the playoff final!

[/quote]

Beckham''s vertical pen?! And Beckham was actually a footballer, unlike Sutch, so there was no excuse.

[quote user="b ginns"]Everyone in the current squad; no exceptions.[/quote]

Valuable comment, thanks.

[quote user="b ginns"][quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="b ginns"]Everyone in the current squad; no exceptions.[/quote]

Valuable comment, thanks.

[/quote]

Speak as you find.

[/quote]

So you honestly think that Wes Hoolahan and Dejan Stefanovic are amongst the worst players to play for us since 2000?

Methinks you''re an attention seeker. Or you haven''t watched very much of NCFC play since 2000. Speaking as I find that is.

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

Well we have a best on the century i am going to start teh worst of the century

Adn going in as Number one for me is.......

....... Fatty Patty. I believe he is one of the worst signing s glen roader has made, and should not even be considored(spelling) for a starting spot, let alone being in the chosen 16 players on match day.

I would like to hear your fews of the Citys worst players of this Century so Far.

[/quote]

It has to be Gary Docherty.The guy plays like he has his boot laces tied together and I dont think I have ever seen a player give away so many needless fouls, everytime the ball comes into the box and his hands are all over the striker your heart is in your mouth.His sheer clumsiness is shocking as brillantly demonstrated with his rugby tackle on Haines in the derby.Players like him are an inditement of the english game as a player with such poor ability could only play in this country.