Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

O.k Roeder, now this is beyond a joke!

Well here we are  - Tuesday and still no news of a striker, I was prepared to give Roeder the benefit of the doubt over the previous two weeks as he seemed certain that he was going to get Iversen ?, but I now refuse to believe that in the whole wide world of football there is no striker out there that prevents us having to rely on playing a midfielder up front.

I can''t recall in nearly 30 years of watching this club us ever having to do this (possible exception Rob Newman) - how far into the season are you prepared to let this go Roeder?

There I''ve got that of my chest !.

You aren''t alone in your frustrations I can tell you that.  Will we ever get one or two out and out strikers?  Who knows but as the days pass it''s looking less and less likely, and some fans are growing more and more angry.

It''s hardly a shock to me, but I had hoped I would get a fairytale ending, but that as we know doesn''t always happen.

It''s all happening isn''t it?  Iversen, called up for the Norway international squad against the hapless Republic of Ireland, goes out on the town, gets rat arsed, fails to wake up and misses the international squad training session.

Sent home in disgrace on a plane to Trondheim and best of luck to Rosenborg.  Not the sort of chap we''d want at Colchester - we sent Jamie Guy on loan to Oxford United for being just over the limit.

Disgrace to club and country I would say.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

It''s all happening isn''t it?  Iversen, called up for the Norway international squad against the hapless Republic of Ireland, goes out on the town, gets rat arsed, fails to wake up and misses the international squad training session.

Sent home in disgrace on a plane to Trondheim and best of luck to Rosenborg.  Not the sort of chap we''d want at Colchester - we sent Jamie Guy on loan to Oxford United for being just over the limit.

[/quote]

Golly, Cam, did you never go out on a bender after the girl of your dreams broke your heart?

"Delia, shay it ain''t sho.  You knowsh I lovesh you, baby.  Letsh be havin you.... hello?"

Or, in "emoticons"...

[U][:''(][U][:''(][U][:''(][D][D][D][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][+o(][st][li]

having to rely on playing a midfielder up front.

You''re right about Newman, scored a cracker in the 7-1 defeat at blackburn. Have you forgotten about the ginger pele? Arguably not a midfielder but it sounds even worse playing a defender up top. Chris Sutton?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Golly, Cam, did you never go out on a bender after the girl of your dreams broke your heart?

"Delia, shay it ain''t sho.  You knowsh I lovesh you, baby.  Letsh be havin you.... hello?"

Or, in "emoticons"...

[U][:''(][U][:''(][U][:''(][D][D][D][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][+o(][st][li][/quote]LOL very good

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

sounds like matty patty has got a ready made room mate for away trips if he ever signs

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Well here we are  - Tuesday and still no news of a striker, I was prepared to give Roeder the benefit of the doubt over the previous two weeks as he seemed certain that he was going to get Iversen ?, but I now refuse to believe that in the whole wide world of football there is no striker out there that prevents us having to rely on playing a midfielder up front.

I can''t recall in nearly 30 years of watching this club us ever having to do this (possible exception Rob Newman) - how far into the season are you prepared to let this go Roeder?

[/quote]

Give Roeder the beneift of the doubt?????????????? Better still, give him 3 million quid, then see how long it takes him to get a striker in. HE CAN''T DO IT WITHOUT A TRANSFER KITTY!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]Lee Marshall had a spell up front at one point I seem to remember - not sure if it was under Rioch or Hamilton though....[/quote]

I think it was ''under'' - false pretences.......

Lets just see what happens rather than panicking.  Yes its frustrating. Yes, we need a targetman in as soon as possible, but lets see what happens when the transfer deadline is here - an awful lot of activity happens at the last minute and players who werent available suddenly are.  I suspect there is some truth in the JFH rumours - getting in a stop gap on a pay as you play basis, or short term contract in case nothing transpires in terms of a permanent signing (to avoid another scenario of that player we got gazumped on embarrassingly (for Doncaster) a couple of seasons ago on deadline day.  This would allow Roeder time to work on a loan from premiership once squads are settled.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

Give Roeder the beneift of the doubt?????????????? Better still, give him 3 million quid, then see how long it takes him to get a striker in. HE CAN''T DO IT WITHOUT A TRANSFER KITTY!

[/quote]And who would he get for £3m? Already made his valuation on Ameobi abundantly clear..... who is available, would come, and not disrupt the dressing room with a £20k pay packet??

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

[U][:''(][U][:''(][U][:''(][D][D][D][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][+o(][st][li]

[/quote]

Nice one Chops!! [:D]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Roeders transfer target = £500,000.00

Roeders remaining transfer kitty = £499,999.95

Chances of the board putting their hands in their pockets to fund the extra 5 pence = 0

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

And who would he get for £3m? Already made his valuation on Ameobi abundantly clear..... who is available, would come, and not disrupt the dressing room with a £20k pay packet?

?
[/quote]

Top of my head-Morrison, Iwlumo,Earnshaw,king,Mclean............

[quote user="Mr Gradgrind"]Lets just see what happens rather than panicking.  Yes its frustrating. Yes, we need a targetman in as soon as possible, but lets see what happens when the transfer deadline is here - an awful lot of activity happens at the last minute and players who werent available suddenly are.  I suspect there is some truth in the JFH rumours - getting in a stop gap on a pay as you play basis, or short term contract in case nothing transpires in terms of a permanent signing (to avoid another scenario of that player we got gazumped on embarrassingly (for Doncaster) a couple of seasons ago on deadline day.  This would allow Roeder time to work on a loan from premiership once squads are settled.[/quote]

Does it not worry you that we haven''t got an out and out striker already?  That striker would need time to gel surely, we keep getting told they do anyhow lol.

And what good would yet another loan do us?  Soon we will have more loans than perm players, and that''s not good IMO.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

And who would he get for £3m? Already made his valuation on Ameobi abundantly clear..... who is available, would come, and not disrupt the dressing room with a £20k pay packet?

?
[/quote]

Sadly most have now been snapped up due to our dithering, and under valuation of players, Maynard, Paterson, Eastwood, Morrison. Not a big Iwelumo fan myself, I would be very happy with Shola, have said so all along. Don''t get too hung up with the valuation thing. If I have only a fiver to spend and lots of things to get with it, then my valuation of something is going to drop out of neccesity, do you not think that if the Board turned round and coughed up 3 mill tmorrow that there would not be a very good chance that Shola would be on his way here? (yes I realise he has a short term injury) For me, having wanted us to sign Shola all along, if he goes to the binners then that is the ultimate kick in the teeth.