Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Stop spending money West Brom!!

Anyone else getting worried by the amount (and generally good signings) this team have made. When predicting final league placings I was banking on them finishing lower than us, but having seen there likely line up after todays buys, - earnie, contra and inamoto, i''m not so sure

yeah, im afraid i think they have a very good chance of staying up. They have done well though because they spent nothing when they first got promoted, then they got parachute payments, then they got promoted again and got more money. So they are pretty loaded

What are you lot on? Their side was reasonably effective but extremely dour last season, but not anywhere near as good as us; they''ve gone and bought a load of foreign players who often don''t work out (unless Scandinavian if you follow Worthy''s thoughts :-)) and Premier cast-offs (Kanu, Inamoto) who are the sort who you can''t really trust on a wet and windy Wednesday in Middlesbro; those together with an admittedly good, but nonetheless untested in the Premiership, striker in Earnie.

I''m not quite as concerned about them as you seem to be, we were much better than them last season and have ourselves bought in 8 players so far - they had so much catching up to do I am not convinced they are ahead (yet), just because we have heard of a couple of the players they''ve bought.

WBA have had a decent start to the season though, and with a striker who can score goals now at the club, they are in a decent position. Hopefully for us Rooney''s transfer to ManUtd won''t go through until right on the deadline so that everton won''t have the time to spend some of the cash

Decent start?....beaten by Everton, draws home to Villa and Spurs, away to Blackburn? I suppose it''s ok, but not so sure about decent?? I''d rather 2pts from our games than 3 from theirs. But then I seem to be being very blinkered this eve!!!!

Branston - I''m sure that if WE had signed Earnshaw, Kanu & Inamoto, we''d be convinced that we could stay up (especially given their other signings). They''re taking a gamble that will significantly improve their chances of avoiding relegation.

Yeah, of course we would - I''m trying to be positive whilst we await the witching hour to see if we have maanged to capture anyone ourselves!!

I''m just not fully convinced that buying a dozen players, half after the season starts, is the way to stay up - can''t help thinking they may have bought too many players: how well are they going to gel into a team, given that the season is under way already??

They are going mad in the transfer market why are we not taking a chance in the transfer market?

I wish we would take a chance on some good young ish players like they have

They have signed earnshaw,contra and inamoto over today and yesterday all young international players

Contra romanian 28 year old international defender

Earnshaw scored a hat full in div 1 and has scored for wales a few times

Inamoto played quite a few games for fulham last season I know he is still injured but 200k was not bad

I know it does not mean they will stay in the premier league but..........