Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

How do you stay positive now Optimists?

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Hope your all still very optimistic when we go down ,because this is the worst City side for years and has got relegation written all over it .[/quote]We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!!!  [:''(]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Because being positive and upbeat is a hell of a lot more fun than being a doom & gloom merchant.[/quote]

It''s not about doom and gloom it''s about getting angry, because it''s only when enough people get angry, stand up and shout "we''re not prepared to put up with this any longer" that things change.

And I believe it will happen, it''s just frustrating that you "optimists" will slow things down and in so doing delay the rebuilding and investment that this club so desperately needs.

A short sharp shock would get the current Board out, Cullum in, and then we can ALL be optimistic for the future.

[/quote]

How do we slow things down Barclay Boy?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Because being positive and upbeat is a hell of a lot more fun than being a doom & gloom merchant.[/quote]

It''s not about doom and gloom it''s about getting angry, because it''s only when enough people get angry, stand up and shout "we''re not prepared to put up with this any longer" that things change.

And I believe it will happen, it''s just frustrating that you "optimists" will slow things down and in so doing delay the rebuilding and investment that this club so desperately needs.

A short sharp shock would get the current Board out, Cullum in, and then we can ALL be optimistic for the future.

[/quote]

[/quote]

you slow things down by putting up with the current position, by being apathetic, by being satisfied

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

Reminds me of my daughter, when she was about three.

Never seemed to work, though.
[/quote]

Blimey! How did your 3 year old daughter end up being much smarter than you then? For the record, most revolutions start in the way that I have described, and a revolution is surely what we need at Carrow Rd.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]Reminds me of my daughter, when she was about three.Never seemed to work, though.[/quote]

Blimey! How did your 3 year old daughter end up being much smarter than you then? 

[/quote]No, you''ve lost me there. I suppose that must mean you''re just as smart as my three year old daughter was.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you slow things down by putting up with the current position, by being apathetic, by being satisfied

[/quote]

I cant believe they actually asked you that BB! LOL. Its the fans that make excuses for the board that really grind me down. If they just said nothing at all it wouldnt be so bad, but they feel the need to actually defend them!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If that''s true I guess you are part of that slowing down too Barclay Boy [:^)]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

Reminds me of my daughter, when she was about three.

Never seemed to work, though.
[/quote]

Blimey! How did your 3 year old daughter end up being much smarter than you then? For the record, most revolutions start in the way that I have described, and a revolution is surely what we need at Carrow Rd.

[/quote]

No. What is needed is a bloke (or lady) with a stack full of cash to make a proper formal offer.  Just like Watling did with Chase while your grandad was busy throwing himself under a horse, well, near a horse, didn''t actually see a horse really.  But some bloke he works with might have.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Hope your all still very optimistic when we go down ,because this is the worst City side for years and has got relegation written all over it .
[/quote]

I think you will find the team has Aviva written all over it, well back and front anyway.[:D]

"It''s not about doom and gloom it''s about getting angry, because it''s

only when enough people get angry, stand up and shout "we''re not

prepared to put up with this any longer" that things change."Oooooh! Stamp those little feet... stamp them hard!

[quote user="ob1"]"It''s not about doom and gloom it''s about getting angry, because it''s only when enough people get angry, stand up and shout "we''re not prepared to put up with this any longer" that things change."

Oooooh! Stamp those little feet... stamp them hard!
[/quote]

Blimey for someone with the username Obvious you can''t see the blinding obvious can you? Let me give you an obvious example. The attempted introduction of the Poll Tax. If wre had all been like you then there would have been no protests and people such as myself who had just got their first terraced house would have found that their payments increased by 400% overnight.

But enough people stood up and said "we''re not prepared to put with this" and won the day, forced a change.  I''m not talking about the nutters who rioted in London, I''m talking about the ordinary person in the street who were prepared to refuse to put up with it, go to court, and even in some cases prison, for what they believed in.

You can make as many sarcy little comments as you like, I really couldn''t care less what you think of me, what I do care about is this club. The only thing that will change the status quo is when enough of us complain. People, the masses, change things, that''s all, or we can carry on with the present death by a thousand cuts.

ps - if the above makes me appear to be a commie then I''m not!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If that''s true I guess you are part of that slowing down too Barclay Boy [:^)]

[/quote]

yes you''re probably right NN, because I renewed my season ticket again, and because I am going to Cardiff, the problem is the club is in my blood and I cannot walk away even in the worst of times, and the club know most NCFC fans will do the same

[quote]

Blimey for someone with the username Obvious you can''t see the blinding obvious can you? Let me give you an obvious example. The attempted introduction of the Poll Tax. If wre had all been like you then there would have been no protests and people such as myself who had just got their first terraced house would have found that their payments increased by 400% overnight.

But enough people stood up and said "we''re not prepared to put with this" and won the day, forced a change.  I''m not talking about the nutters who rioted in London, I''m talking about the ordinary person in the street who were prepared to refuse to put up with it, go to court, and even in some cases prison, for what they believed in.[/quote]

My council tax costs a bloody fortune.  But at least it''s not the Poll tax.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]

But enough people stood up and said "we''re not prepared to put with this" and won the day, forced a change.  I''m not talking about the nutters who rioted in London, I''m talking about the ordinary person in the street who were prepared to refuse to put up with it, go to court, and even in some cases prison, for what they believed in.[/quote]

My council tax costs a bloody fortune.  But at least it''s not the Poll tax.

[/quote]

my council tax, for a 4 bed detached,  will cost £1200. In 1990, they tried to get me to pay £800 for a two bed terraced, when previously the rates had been £190. So I think there was some watering down of the original attempt to pillage the less well off.  

Right then Barclay Boy, you''ve convinced me.  All round to your 4 bed detached to plot the revolution then ?   Is there a swimming pool ?  Should I bring me trunks ? [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Right then Barclay Boy, you''ve convinced me.  All round to your 4 bed detached to plot the revolution then ?   Is there a swimming pool ?  Should I bring me trunks ? [:)][/quote]

next door has a swimming pool actually but that doesn''t mean a thing house prices are crap in Lowestoft! Well done for being convinced though.

[/quote]

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, call me thick if you like (or worse), but I still don''t see how this slows you? I can''t see how it interferes with you in anyway.

Do not under estimate a GOOD RIOT, the 70''s Riot in Brixton led directly to Investment, and better Policing! p.s this tactic should not be employed with NCFC, unless RC comes back.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]

Theres no chance of any promotion push untill Delia pops her clogs , she is bleeding this club to death .
[/quote]

Without a couple of good strikers we will be very lucky to stay up this season.

Few goals means few points.

[/quote]

Not necessarily!

Derby were promoted a couple of years ago having scored around 53/54 goals.

WBA went up in our play off season on the back of about 15 1-0 wins.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Theres no chance of any promotion push untill Delia pops her clogs , she is bleeding this club to death .
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the ability to grind out 1-0 wins in any League has also often been a promotion factor.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the ability to grind out 1-0 wins in any League has also often been a promotion factor.

[/quote]

I remember reading an article about Robert Green when he was reported as asking Bruce Rioch about what is the "secret" of promotion.

Rioch replied, "20 clean sheets a season son, 20 clean sheets."

I don''t know if this stacks up statistically though.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember reading an article about Robert Green when he was reported as asking Bruce Rioch about what is the "secret" of promotion.

Rioch replied, "20 clean sheets a season son, 20 clean sheets."

I don''t know if this stacks up statistically though.

[/quote]

If you go ahead first - you know, that lucky goal on five minutes - it stacks up I think.[H]

I suspect that it would work even if you didn''t - how many teams defend and just seem to nick goals - Everton? As long as you have kept a clean sheet you hav given yourself a chance of all 3.

There is probably a football statistician on here that can help us with this.