Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

How do you stay positive now Optimists?

A kick in the teeth, I really feel cheated on by the board as a loyal NCFC supporter! Surely you can''t take anymore crap...

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]By ignoring s**t posts such as this! (Yes, I know I''ve read it and replied before you all go down that road!)
[/quote]

S**t posts...? I know I''m too emotional, but I''m a fan for life. Really...don''t you see the facts?

[quote user="Tommy Grange"]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]By ignoring s**t posts such as this! (Yes, I know I''ve read it and replied before you all go down that road!)[/quote]

S**t posts...? I know I''m too emotional, but I''m a fan for life. Really...don''t you see the facts?

[/quote]Yes - that might be why we''re not doing the childish temper tantrum stampy feet thing.

[quote user="Tommy Grange"]A kick in the teeth, I really feel cheated on by the board as a loyal NCFC supporter! Surely you can''t take anymore crap...[/quote]Nope! Couldn''t see any ''hard'' facts in there!

I stay happy and optimistic with the truck load of happy pills i take.

NO really i am a city fan through thick and thin, through the good times and the bad times. We have just hit a rough patch, but i shall support this club with a yellow and green passion, even if we are in the regeons(spelling so wrong) premier league or the Priemier league.

You can call me crazy but that is what a real fan does.

[quote user="Tommy Grange"]A kick in the teeth, I really feel cheated on by the board as a loyal NCFC supporter! Surely you can''t take anymore crap...[/quote]

Sorry? What has changed? Have I missed something?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Because being positive and upbeat is a hell of a lot more fun than being a doom & gloom merchant.[/quote]

I quite agree!  I can never understand their desire to make everybody as miserable as themselves - why do they want others to be unhappy? On the other hand it seems that trying to spread optimism and makes others more cheerful seems an entirely laudible aim.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Hope your all still very optimistic when we go down ,because this is the worst City side for years and has got relegation written all over it .
[/quote]

But then we might be in a promotion race in 2009-10! That would be exciting! You do want a promotion challenge don''t you? LOL

[quote user="Tommy Grange"]A kick in the teeth, I really feel cheated on by the board as a loyal NCFC supporter! Surely you can''t take anymore crap...[/quote]

It would be a little bit more helpful if you could put some flesh on those bones. There are plenty of threads started today that actually have a bit of substance to them but yours is just a general whinge.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Hope your all still very optimistic when we go down ,because this is the worst City side for years and has got relegation written all over it .
[/quote]

Worse than last year Loan?

Are team is much better than last year, we have depth and a defense that i can trust now, that won''t leak many goals, we have a midfield that will create chances. All we need is a good strike force then we will be sorted.

So iam quite contempt with the team we have, i have no fears of relegation, and in a season or two we will be back in the promotion race, everything takes time, an oak doesn''t grow in a day.

[quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

Ipswich have signed this bloke who''s guaranteed to score them 40 goals this season, and 5 goals in the local derby, but home and away.

Or they might have signed some average Premiership reserve player with dodgy hips who has only ever performed under one manager, ours.

Take your pick, I know which one I believe.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

Ipswich have signed this bloke who''s guaranteed to score them 40 goals this season, and 5 goals in the local derby, but home and away.

Or they might have signed some average Premiership reserve player with dodgy hips who has only ever performed under one manager, ours.

[/quote]

And was this player identifies as our major target by the management?

tricky one this one......................on the ameobi front id quite happily not take him especially for the money........on the board front, well................football has gone mad.............long has the time in history when city could breach the top 4 of english football past.................yes, possible investment from cullum, but we''ll never know the ins and outs.....what i would say is that, lets be honest, we have never been a top side.....part of the joy of supporting city is the fact that we are a small (yes, yes i know little old norwich,,,,but in historical terms we are!!!) over achieving side that plays good football.....problem is we have a big fan base now that expects premiership football...i for one dont.....i wish for it, but would much rather have a team admired country-wide as it was during stringer/walker eras....not particularly for success but for the way we played our football....yes i know im in the minority but  i wish for a side that plays great passing football and has a vocal fan base (and lets face it, bar half the lower barclay and the snake pit we may as well be in ipswich) of die hard fans.on the Alan lee front i know hes a binner but honestly hes the kind of player a side needs in this division and i think ips*t would be very silly to let him go completely....i know iwan is a legend etc but he was basically a donkey......did bellars,eadie, even o''neill get us out of this league? NO....malky, iwan, and a winger capable of supplying (which we have now,.although not in the pacey mould of hucks) did.I read this forum constantly from afar and wish i could be back in the ale houses of the fine city but generally cant be arsed to post here due to the ridiculous nature of some posters/children.....i would now like to post my opinions of the posters here.....1st wiz- typical flat cap wearing river ender....constant whinging, boy that cried wolf syndrome.....sumdger- not a binner. in fact have a lot of time for him bar his pomp.shack attack- always good opinions and a great avatar.Mister chops- a decent mind, and pretty sure a decent reader of the game.as for the rest i could go on for hours.....but........................things happen. opinions are free. Discussions occur however passionately.However a thing largely forgotten here is that presumably we all bleed yellow and green, so could we all try to get along???if we get back to playing how we should.....earning respect of fans up and down the country and generally giving the fans some entertainment then its all good.........Ps jordi is a legend..........that may be the 90%abv blood talking but nether the less leave the poor lad alone.....seems to have more passion than half u miserable ba%&£r*s here.......OTBC

[/quote]

I''m sorry but that is a fundamentally inaccurate statement. It doesn''t even come down to a matter of opinion. Last season''s side were far, far worse...

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And was this player identifies as our major target by the management?

[/quote]

I''m guessing he was identified by our management because our management know / reckon they know how to get the best out of him, how he ticks.  It remains to be seen whether Mad Jim can get the best out of him.

... By enjoying the fact that we do not know what will happen in the future. Football is a wonderful thing because at the end of it is just 11 players versus 11 other players, nobody can definitivly say what the outcome of a game will be until the final whistle goes. Cheer up!

I''m optomistic because we are only 2 league games into the season and we look a good footballing side.

Once the strikers get the confidence in their feet, (JC and Lupoli), we''ll be banging the goals in.

I don''t think the big man thing would solve our probs as much as people make out. It would give us an extra option thats all, but if the strikers arn''t hitting the target whats the big man gonna do? Create more chances for our strikers to miss!?  Its about the new faces settling in and getting an understanding with the rest of the squad.

So support your club and the players who where the shirt FFS!

[quote user="WalthamCanary"]

I''m optomistic because we are only 2 league games into the season and we look a good footballing side.

Once the strikers get the confidence in their feet, (JC and Lupoli), we''ll be banging the goals in.

I don''t think the big man thing would solve our probs as much as people make out. It would give us an extra option thats all, but if the strikers arn''t hitting the target whats the big man gonna do? Create more chances for our strikers to miss!?  Its about the new faces settling in and getting an understanding with the rest of the squad.

So support your club and the players who where the shirt FFS!

[/quote]

I tend to agree Waltham - the back and mid look much more assured, and will get better as the season goes on. Just a concern up front, but we dont know whats going on, so we have to make the best of what we have for now and look forward to playing the decent football that we were always known for...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Badger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But then you believed that Brellier was set to be our player of the season last year.....[:$]  But at least you`ve got the balls to admit it when you`ve got something wrong [Y].  A bit more of that and there would be far less acrimony on here.

It would be a strange world if everything I believed should happen actually came true Mr C.  Some might say it is a strange world anyway... [:)]

If I wasn''t optimistic I wouldn''t enjoy any season.  I don''t have a passion for football just so I can beat myself up between August and May - there are places you can go to if you want that sort of treatment and some of the participants are probably better looking.  I live in hope not that we are going to win the FA Cup or anything specific; just that we will try and compete, play good football, preferably on the floor (although that''s difficult in League Two) and give a good account of ourselves by the end of the season, preferably avoiding relegation.

Anything other than that is a bonus so far as I am concerned. I would like to see Norwich do well and at least stay out of the "fear of relegation" zone by the end of it all; I would like to see Colchester fight hard in League One but I am not silly enough to predict that we shall easily rejoin the Championship - One is notoriously difficult to get out of it and it hasn''t got an easier in our two year absence so far as I see.  Plus we have to adjust to a different style of football. 

In League Two it''s going to be very difficult for anyone to get relegated aside from Bournemouth,Luton and Rotherham so that''s slightly less of a worry this season.  We played quite brilliantly against Derby (best Lincoln performance I have seen for many years) and played very poorly in the second half against Dagenham so it looks like it could be another one of those seasons. 

But, yes, I go for optimism and I really don''t believe there is any other way although, obviously, that is a personal opinion and lots of you have your own take on what you expect from your favourite sport.  The one thing football rarely gives is instant success or absolute certainty. 

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Because being positive and upbeat is a hell of a lot more fun than being a doom & gloom merchant.[/quote]

Yeah...and one day you wake up.....

Dream on.

It''s not about doom and gloom it''s about getting angry, because it''s only when enough people get angry, stand up and shout "we''re not prepared to put up with this any longer" that things change.

And I believe it will happen, it''s just frustrating that you "optimists" will slow things down and in so doing delay the rebuilding and investment that this club so desperately needs.

A short sharp shock would get the current Board out, Cullum in, and then we can ALL be optimistic for the future.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

It''s not about doom and gloom it''s about getting angry, because it''s only when enough people get angry, stand up and shout "we''re not prepared to put up with this any longer" that things change.

And I believe it will happen, it''s just frustrating that you "optimists" will slow things down and in so doing delay the rebuilding and investment that this club so desperately needs.

A short sharp shock would get the current Board out, Cullum in, and then we can ALL be optimistic for the future.

[/quote]

That seems simple enough.  Go on then, Norwich fans, make it happen.

I wouldn''t use the Leicester City model.  That appears to have "conked out" as the late Sgt Wilson put it in his own Times death notice (how stylish was that?) and to keep it vaguely in Norfolk.

If you do discover the secret of it perhaps you would be kind enough to pass it on to other clubs not entirely satisfied with their setup?[*-)]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]Reminds me of my daughter, when she was about three.Never seemed to work, though.