Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

Whos seen Bell?

People keep posting about how good David Bell is.How many people watched Luton last season? or are they just believing the EDP and Evening news hype.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Actually, he played most of the season at Leicester - so yes, people saw him play and yes, he looked pretty good.[/quote]

Educate me again mate where did Leicester finish?

[quote user="Disco Dale"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Actually, he played most of the season at Leicester - so yes, people saw him play and yes, he looked pretty good.[/quote]

[/quote]

Your beyond education if you didn''t even know he was on loan at Leicester last season and did bloody well there. Do you watch any football? I have my doubts.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

Your beyond education if you didn''t even know he was on loan at Leicester last season and did bloody well there. Do you watch any football? I have my doubts.

[/quote]

I do watch football and I only form opinions of players I have seen play.Now tell me how many Leicester games did you watch last season?

[quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I do watch football and I only form opinions of players I have seen play.Now tell me how many Leicester games did you watch last season?

[/quote]

Let''s say it was only two, Leceister home and away. We''ve had two league games so far this season, have you developed an opnion on how good the likes of Omozusi, Stefanovic, Lupoli are?

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Let''s say it was only two, Leceister home and away. We''ve had two league games so far this season, have you developed an opnion on how good the likes of Omozusi, Stefanovic, Lupoli are?

[/quote]

Stefanovic - decent

Omozusi - too young and inexperienced, not as good as some would have you believe

Lupoli - poor

[quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It seems to be that we can''t form an opinion on Bell from having seen him play a couple of times, but the rest can form an opinion on our whole season to come based on a similar number of games....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It seems to be that we can''t form an opinion on Bell from having seen him play a couple of times, but the rest can form an opinion on our whole season to come based on a similar number of games....

[/quote]

Exactly.

Did he also play for Luton in the cup against Liverpool on the TV? I thought I read he had a good game...I am yet to form an opinion as I cannot recall seeing him play.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="The Walking Man"][quote user="Disco Dale"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know what your saying Branston but what I am getting at is people are saying that Bell is better than Croft better than Chadwick better than Hucks etc when we have never seen him in a city shirt.I also cant help feeling when we sign someone that they cant be that good or they wouldnt be signing for us.Horrible isnt it and I hope I am wrong.

I know what your saying Branston but what I am getting at is people are saying that Bell is better than Croft better than Chadwick better than Hucks etc when we have never seen him in a city shirt.I also cant help feeling when we sign someone that they cant be that good or they wouldnt be signing for us.Horrible isnt it and I hope I am wrong.

[/quote]

I don''t think many of us would say this about Hucks.

Re the others, the manager obviously thinks so as he worked hard to get him. It could be that there is something about his style of play that he is looking for and he he fits into the shape of midfield that he wishes to play - he doesn''t seem to like "wingers" in the more traditional sense.

[quote user="yellow blood"]Did he also play for Luton in the cup against Liverpool on the TV? I thought I read he had a good game...I am yet to form an opinion as I cannot recall seeing him play.[/quote]

i watched this game and imo he was best player on the pitch, caused them all sorts of problems and created a few excellent chances which werent put away. only time ive seen him play so on that 1 game im very excited bout watching him play.

[/quote]Doesn''t matter where Leicester finished last season, its a team game

Leicester fans raved about him, considered him their best player and were gutted that the terms of the loan-then-buy were void following relegation.

Until his injury, I thought Reading were favourites to land Bell.

Steve Coppell''s no mug.

By the looks of this Bell knows how to shoot from outside the box - which would certainly be a help in our current situation.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Disco Dale"]

[/quote]

Doesn''t matter where Leicester finished last season, its a team game
[/quote]

I know ellis I was just winding Branston up.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think Bell, when fit and playing well, will add to the team and help add a bit more creativity to the side.[/quote]

Have you seen him play though?Im not having a pop I am interested to hear if anyones seen him play a few times rather than take the EDPs word for it.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think Bell, when fit and playing well, will add to the team and help add a bit more creativity to the side.[/quote]

Have you seen him play though?Im not having a pop I am interested to hear if anyones seen him play a few times rather than take the EDPs word for it.

[/quote]

I remember watching him at Rushden and he looked like he had great potential there.

My neighbour is a season ticket holder at the Walker''s Bowl and an ex-ref (actually he gets his season ticket free because he worked for the Leicestershire FA for about 40 years) and he really rates him. Not precisely his words, but if I may paraphrase: given Leicester''s squad last season, Bell was like finding a pound coin in a turd! If all my neighbour says is true about him I can''t see Crofty retaining his place.

[/quote]

Yes I have. Visited family in Leicester 3-4 times during last season and watched him play 3 times and he stood out a mile from the rest of their team. Disco why don''t you stop your whinging and go watch the team play. 

glasses tinted norwich  - rearrange

he is probably good, but if you look hype on this forum then we suppose to play like brazil

apperently i''ve heard

lupoli signing off the year - i wonder if they still think that after the "miss"

we will get playoffs - we got 1pt vs blackpool and coventry (both came bottom 3rd)

glenn roeder is god - although we showed no real signs of improvement results wise

loans are BRILLIANT - we obvisouly wont have squad next year

every one moans at me, but really half you lot are the REAL NUMPTIES. taking every think norwich related as gospel

[quote user="billy bunter"]

he is probably good, but if you look hype on this forum then we suppose to play like brazil

apperently i''ve heard

lupoli signing off the year - i wonder if they still think that after the "miss"

we will get playoffs - we got 1pt vs blackpool and coventry (both came bottom 3rd)

glenn roeder is god - although we showed no real signs of improvement results wise

every one moans at me, but really half you lot are the REAL NUMPTIES. taking every think norwich related as gospel

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l367/robinsainty/headinhands.jpg[/IMG]

im not saying he is crap, i rate him! but half people on this forum believe the sun shines out of our teams ass and they can do no wrong (bar delia and doncaster)

[quote user="billy bunter"]

apperently i''ve heard

[/quote]

I''m told St John''s Wort can help in mild cases...dunno myself, ''trippin''on''life''mate''