Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Didn't the NCFC board (via Munby in the Norwich Evening News) state......

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

they would give GR full support re transfers this summer?

Does that amount to peanuts or a cook book?

Don''t blame GR., he needs money to sign good players 

[/quote]

Spot on, you can''t buy quality players with lies!

Sure did.

Now if i remember correctly Roeder was told (and repeated himself in public) that if he kept us up, then he would be able to sign who he wanted!

Wasnt at the event, but people who went told me it was said very sarcastically. (Pretty obvious when you think about it, but still very foolish to come out with something like that in this current climate.)

If we are being honest we have no idea how much he has been offered.He may have been given nowt. He may have a few million left but not have found targets he wants, who are available at a price he is prepared to pay.Who knows.

Us signing players only shows that GR has been given SOME support.  Not FULL support, and I would also hazard a guess that some of the signings were not Roeder''s first choice, especially Lupoli and Koroma. 

If he had had say £5m to spend there would be different faces at CR. 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Us signing players only shows that GR has been given SOME support.  Not FULL support, and I would also hazard a guess that some of the signings were not Roeder''s first choice, especially Lupoli and Koroma. 

If he had had say £5m to spend there would be different faces at CR. 

[/quote]I''m not so sure. From his comments I think Roeder is the sort of man who wouldn''t pay above what he believed was a fair price regardless of how much money he had.Maybe he''s just making the noises that make his employers happy though. You can never really tell.

i guess when roedy went to check how much powder he had left over from the jan window - he found, much of it slipped threw his fingers - probably into doncasters black hole.,/but sadly, on one hand roedy could say he had prem ambition, but on the other ''empty hand'' he didn''t have the money to prove it???

For goodness sake - at the time it was widely reported at the time, that it was said sarcastically as a joke when Roeder said (words to the effect of) "I''ve been told I can sign who I want".   Why people can''t quite grasp this is beyond me.  Quotes need to be taken in context. Period.

The GR comment was very clearly tongue in cheek - every manager at every club works to a budget so no one with any sense could possible take the comment seriously.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]For goodness sake - at the time it was widely reported at the time, that it was said sarcastically as a joke when Roeder said (words to the effect of) "I''ve been told I can sign who I want".   Why people can''t quite grasp this is beyond me.  Quotes need to be taken in context. Period.[/quote]

Exactly. As mentioned in my earlier post it was pretty obviously not a serious statement. And knowing what some norwich fans are like at the moment it was an unfortunate statement as some people will take it seriously and sooner or later it will become ''Fact'',

sure, it was a throw away comment - but alternatively, in fact, has roedy been backed seriously enough by the board  to demonstrate  NCFC  has prem ambition  - where it counts - on the pitch???doesn''t look like it to me...not so funny now - is it???

Yup, the problem is that in the cold light of day a statement made off the cuff and tongue in cheek canb look completely different to how it was meant.

Thinking back I there was probably a point in the Summer where the board said that they will back Roeder as much as they can, but that is rather different.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Yup, the problem is that in the cold light of day a statement made off the cuff and tongue in cheek canb look completely different to how it was meant.

Thinking back I there was probably a point in the Summer where the board said that they will back Roeder as much as they can, but that is rather different.

[/quote]fair comment...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]For goodness sake - at the time it was widely reported at the time, that it was said sarcastically as a joke when Roeder said (words to the effect of) "I''ve been told I can sign who I want".   Why people can''t quite grasp this is beyond me.  Quotes need to be taken in context. Period.[/quote]

Exactly. As mentioned in my earlier post it was pretty obviously not a serious statement. And knowing what some norwich fans are like at the moment it was an unfortunate statement as some people will take it seriously and sooner or later it will become ''Fact'',

[/quote]

Yup, it was definitely tongue in cheek - and I have no reason to think it was anything but.......Anyway, were Delia''s comment''s ''tongue in cheek'' when she was interviewed by Simon Mayonnaise on 5 Live? Check it out on you-tube, (''Delia on 5 Live'' will get you there). I can''t be bothered to type out the link.

I suppose she was misquoted, or those technical-minded horrid Delia-Bashers probably hacked into the interview - and distorted the true saviour''s facts....The stinky rotters!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

fair comment...
[/quote]

I think AndyJR''s post re Reading is an interesting read in this context

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1365050/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]fair comment...[/quote]

[/quote]sure, badge, but nothing unusual for big john, he''s  always moaning!!!  genuine ambition comes at a price, raddy didn''t want to run with the pack ,and still doesn''t - has he got prem ambition???this is my post quoted from doncaster thread

''i wouldn''t be surprised to see a champs club go under, but its more

likely to be a club with large debts, which it cannot affordto service,

than clubs run by speculative investors who put their own money in and

are prepared to lose it...''there''s no easy anwsers, but either you can put out a teamwith genuine and credible prem ambition,or youcan''t - its clear NCFC can''t...it seems thats ok by some,but for others its not - it all depends on  personal opinion><?  

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Trent Canary"]

[/quote]

Yup, it was definitely tongue in cheek - and I have no reason to think it was anything but.......Anyway, were Delia''s comment''s ''tongue in cheek'' when she was interviewed by Simon Mayonnaise on 5 Live? Check it out on you-tube, (''Delia on 5 Live'' will get you there). I can''t be bothered to type out the link.

I suppose she was misquoted, or those technical-minded horrid Delia-Bashers probably hacked into the interview - and distorted the true saviour''s facts....The stinky rotters!

[/quote]

Havent heard the radio interview (Watching England so will have to listen later). Can you post a quick summary? As Branston said if they came out in a serious interview and said ''We will back them up as much as we can'', or ''Glenn will get more than enough money'' etc etc then thats an entirely different matter.

She basically says that if someone comes in with £20m for players then she will have no choice but to accept. Which if the newspaper reports are to be believed is exactly what Cullum ''offered''.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]She basically says that if someone comes in with £20m for players then she will have no choice but to accept. Which if the newspaper reports are to be believed is exactly what Cullum ''offered''.[/quote]

Cheers, will have a listen later. I try to steer clear of commenting on the Cullum business as no one really knows whats going on. Ive stated my opinion, and I dont think either party comes off particularly well IMO, but thats another arguement for another day.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

fair comment...
[/quote]

[/quote]

sure, badge, but nothing unusual for big john, he''s  always moaning!!!  genuine ambition comes at a price, raddy didn''t want to run with the pack ,and still doesn''t - has he got prem ambition???

this is my post quoted from doncaster thread

''i wouldn''t be surprised to see a champs club go under, but its more likely to be a club with large debts, which it cannot affordto service, than clubs run by speculative investors who put their own money in and are prepared to lose it...''

there''s no easy anwsers, but either you can put out a teamwith genuine and credible prem ambition,or youcan''t - its clear NCFC can''t...

it seems thats ok by some,but for others its not - it all depends on  personal opinion><?

[/quote]

I agree nothing particularly new but it does reveal more about the finances of Championship finance than many are prepared to acknowledge. I know he moans a lot but he has taken the club a long way. the point about revene from player sales having to pay other running costs is pertinent - especially when we regularly have posters on here saying that the money is being stolen!

I''m not sure that I agree with you about putting out "a team with genuine and credible prem ambition." I don''t think it is quite that clear cut - it is not always those that spend big that get promoted and conversely those that do often fail.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

fair comment...
[/quote]

[/quote]

sure, badge, but nothing unusual for big john, he''s  always moaning!!!  genuine ambition comes at a price, raddy didn''t want to run with the pack ,and still doesn''t - has he got prem ambition???

''i wouldn''t be surprised to see a champs club go under, but its more likely to be a club with large debts, which it cannot affordto service, than clubs run by speculative investors who put their own money in and are prepared to lose it...''

there''s no easy anwsers, but either you can put out a teamwith genuine and credible prem ambition,or youcan''t - its clear NCFC can''t...

it seems thats ok by some,but for others its not - it all depends on  personal opinion><?

[/quote]

And I also bet, that his chum Cilla Black is high-maintenance.......and wants a ''lorra, lorra, pampering and treats''.....[:P]

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]fair comment...[/quote]

[/quote]sure, badge, but nothing unusual for big john, he''s  always moaning!!!  genuine ambition comes at a price, raddy didn''t want to run with the pack ,and still doesn''t - has he got prem ambition???this is my post quoted from doncaster thread ''i wouldn''t be surprised to see a champs club go under, but its more likely to be a club with large debts, which it cannot affordto service, than clubs run by speculative investors who put their own money in and are prepared to lose it...''there''s no easy anwsers, but either you can put out a teamwith genuine and credible prem ambition,or youcan''t - its clear NCFC can''t...it seems thats ok by some,but for others its not - it all depends on  personal opinion><?   [/quote]

I agree nothing particularly new but it does reveal more about the finances of Championship finance than many are prepared to acknowledge. I know he moans a lot but he has taken the club a long way. the point about revene from player sales having to pay other running costs is pertinent - especially when we regularly have posters on here saying that the money is being stolen!

I''m not sure that I agree with you about putting out "a team with genuine and credible prem ambition." I don''t think it is quite that clear cut - it is not always those that spend big that get promoted and conversely those that do often fail.

[/quote]i agree that big spending teams are not always successful, because if they underperform, they will fail...but likewise, if average sides fail, they are more likely to be relegated.,/ buying better quality players than your rivals, in theory gives you a better chance of success, but many other ingredients must also come together to acheive this.,,in any case, the big prem 4 are the big prem 4 year on year, cos they have the biggest incomes and spend the most money.,,however, its clear, a team that spends enough to have a genuine chance of prem promotion is just that, at the start of the season at least...and in another sport - its fairly accepted that our olympic success in beijing is due to the lottery spending in uk sport coming off...leaving the aussies cycling team boss to moan that uk cycling gets 3 times as much funding as they do, meaning they can''t compete.,/

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

fair comment...
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All this comparing with other clubs is a total non-argument unless you can take an in-depth look at their financial situations and draw parallels with our own.  Coventry were the whipping boys last season until they got new investment, we still get the odd "at least we`re not as badly run as Southampton", despite the fact that alot of their difficulties stem from overspending on infrastructure (St.Mary`s) much like ourselves and Watford a poorly supported club over-achieving for a few years and now having to be more realistic (but still doing better than us).  And now it`s a club who have come down and retained players other clubs have bid multi-millions for (presumably on huge wages) despite season-tickets falling off a cliff.  It`s all a bit desperate TBH.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Sooooooooo....if it fits the apologists way of thinking it''s all ok....but if it goes against it''s tongue in cheek?

Spinning it all nicely again I see Brownnose Fickle........ [N]