Sign in to follow this  
Brentwood Yellow

Late Night Deal

I reckon if we weren''t going to buy/loan anyone, it would have been officially announced by now. It wouldn''t surprise me if Worthy/Doncaster etc were working on a last minute deal which we''ll all read about tomorrow.

just made a similarish point on 606 site, if more waffly!! Surely if nowt appening there would be a story to that effect on NCFC/Pinkun site somewhere, saying "sorry, we tried for a few players but nothing doing"?

Hope your right mate

I am quite happy we did not get JJ from charlton maybe he might still turn up on loan

was interesting to read on text though today that when charlton put in a bid for Bent at IP****t old joe wanted stuart on loan as part of the deal

Think if bent had of gone to charlton we would of had JJ

I thought about this too earlier - ie - they can get the deal done tonight but there''s no rule which says they can''t unveil him at a press conference tommorow! But the more I think about it, the less likely i think it is that we will get anyone in. Looks like we will go on with what we''ve got until the window reopens! (Although someone on 606 did make the good point that who will want to join us in January should we be in a relegation battle?)

Hmmm... hadn''t thought of that Pickle. Agree that with no official announcement that '' we are not signing anyone'' there might just be a chance that NW is burning the midnight oil and still yet feverishly working on something. Whatever I''ll keep the faith right up until midnight when if no announcment is made I''ll just open a rather nice bottle of double distilled, special edition Dalwhinnie malt that I have been keeping for such sad times.

What about a medical and agreeing personal terms? Surely just the medical would take longer than a day to arrange and perform.