Sign in to follow this  
Stevo

50 reasons we HATE to be a city fan??

Having to endure the moans, groans and abuse very time we pass the ball sideways or backwards - knowing if we lumped it forwards the response would be exactly the same! 

eg...

''Oh get the ball up there for christ''s sake! How the hell are we going to score passing backwards!'' 

''Oh don''t just lump it forward ! We need to keep possession!

The following headlines.....

"Missed chances cost City dear"..."lack of killer touch in front of goal proves costly"..."Need for new striker apparent as chances go begging"

Followed by Cureton or Croft quotes along the lines of "In training they''ve been flying in so it''s disappointing I didn''t take that one but I''m confident in my ability and I know the goals will come" etc etc etc

The fact we always get screwed when the fixtures are decided (last 2 seasons away 1st and last game, rediculous Tuesday night away games usually involving the most northerly teams you can get)

[quote user="Stone"]

Having to endure the moans, groans and abuse very time we pass the ball sideways or backwards - knowing if we lumped it forwards the response would be exactly the same! 

eg...

''Oh get the ball up there for christ''s sake! How the hell are we going to score passing backwards!'' 

''Oh don''t just lump it forward ! We need to keep possession!

[/quote]

Hey that me.

And I sit in the River end.

(forgot to refer to Stone''s hates)

negative message board threads, what, two weeks into a new season !However for the sake of catharsis and a bit of a grumble ...

31. twots from places like devon who support manchester united and sort of sneer and patronise you for being a Norwich City fan as if you''re too stupid to start supporting which ever team is top of the premier league.

[quote user="Bingo"]

The following headlines.....

"Missed chances cost City dear"..."lack of killer touch in front of goal proves costly"..."Need for new striker apparent as chances go begging"

Followed by Cureton or Croft quotes along the lines of "In training they''ve been flying in so it''s disappointing I didn''t take that one but I''m confident in my ability and I know the goals will come" etc etc etc

[/quote]

"Need for new striker apparent as chances go begging........."

That''s a very old fashioned headline - the sort you would have seen in the broadsheet East Anglian and Eastern Daily Press of 40 to 50 years, the world of the three deck headline with a lovely Diamond rule separating them.

NEED FOR NEW STRIKER APPARENT

AS CHANCES GO BEGGING

(Diamond rule)

CITY LOSE AT HOME AGAIN

(Diamond rule)

MANAGER''S "REGRETS"

You had to be careful with them, mind.  One which escaped the Chief Sub of the East Anglian was just a two deck:

TRAGIC INCIDENT AT WOOLPIT

(Diamond rule)

MAN DIES BEFORE FUNERAL

Those were the days when you could get away with using the word apparent in a headline.[;)]

It probably does not beat the Essex Weekly News mix up in the Births, Marriages and Deaths columns.

"To Maria and Kevin Smalley, Great Easton,  the gift of a daughter, Willingale,  on the 15th, the result of a tractor accident."

"Lucy Anson, 49, tragically taken from us at Dunmow Cottage Hospital on the 13th, loving father and husband of Gillian. With many thanks to all concerned, especially Sister Smith."[8-|]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

13 the service in the barclay Bar at half time!

jas :)

[/quote]

Right we have found the worst reason. I am with you on this one Jas - I gave up on Saturday. Why do we only seem to have 2 people serving at each bar, one of whom will be the slowest pint pourer ever?

The numpty who sits in about Block D, Row Q, seat 92 or 93 who though Hucks was a terrible player and did nothing but moan about him for the last 2 or 3 years (absolutely true!).

1-How we seem to sing the same old songs year after year. We couldn''t even think of a decent chant for Huckerby. 2-The embarrassing choreographed otbc before games. 3- Although all clubs have them we seem to have more than our fair share of inbreds amongst our fanbase.

Wherever you go with a city shirt on, somone loves to remind you that your club is owned by a drunken buffoon by shouting "let''s be aaaviinnnn yyaaaaaa!"

Lack of ambition shown by the club since......well since I can remember really.

Finally, and most importantly, the fact that Doncaster actually looks like a pig.

The bloke in block E in the upper Barclay near the back who shouts "YYYYYYYYYYOoooourrrrr rrrrrubbbbisshhhhhhh (insert any players name regardless of how well they are doing)!" in the most strained voice ever.  Really mate, everyone round you does hate you and they moan about you when you go to the bog.

I''ve got it. The fecking idiot that sits half way down row W I think it is, Block D of the Barclay. Winges and moans about every single decision the referee makes, calling for yellow cards, time wasting, cheat cheat cheat!! I thought he was going to explode last week, looked over and he was actually the same colour as a beetroot. And there''s some weedy little harry potter lookalike that sits next to him trying to give it the biggun in a pre pubescent squeal.

I''d like to officially announce to you, if you''re here at all, that you''re a complete tosser and the majority of the people sitting around you think exactly the same. Shut it you tart!

phew..........rant over!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

13 the service in the barclay Bar at half time!

[/quote]

Right we have found the worst reason. I am with you on this one Jas - I gave up on Saturday. Why do we only seem to have 2 people serving at each bar, one of whom will be the slowest pint pourer ever?

[/quote]

you werent the guy standing next to me in the queue getting Realy annoyed were you? I went to the part in the middle..

used to go to the side nearest the entrance from Block D but the little chavvy girl spent all her time chatting to her brother and his underage drinking chav mates.. i ended up getting in a row with them... one of them tried being cheeky... till i told him what i''d do with that drink he was holding....

since i have started going to the middle the service has detiorated further! they have pints all lined up behind them tet insist on puring fresh ones! they look at you then dont serve you! and if u have a soft drink they take the lids off you!!! thats what pockeets are for though!

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

I''ve got it. The fecking idiot that sits half way down row W I think it is, Block D of the Barclay. Winges and moans about every single decision the referee makes, calling for yellow cards, time wasting, cheat cheat cheat!! I thought he was going to explode last week, looked over and he was actually the same colour as a beetroot. And there''s some weedy little harry potter lookalike that sits next to him trying to give it the biggun in a pre pubescent squeal.

I''d like to officially announce to you, if you''re here at all, that you''re a complete tosser and the majority of the people sitting around you think exactly the same. Shut it you tart!

phew..........rant over!

[/quote]

I think i know who you mean... Lol!