Sign in to follow this  
LORD FOXY LOWE

FOZZY READY FOR BLUEBIRDS – City captain prepares for Ninian Park

Is it just me or is the official NCFC website completely pointless. I would certainly hope that Fozzy has been doing some preparation for this match and I would assume that he was preparing for all games this season. If there''s no news then don''t waste your fingers. Instead, use those fingers to get on the phones and find a god damn striker who can hold the ball up, that would be good preparation for the Bluebirds.

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]Is it just me or is the official NCFC website completely pointless. I would certainly hope that Fozzy has been doing some preparation for this match and I would assume that he was preparing for all games this season. If there''s no news then don''t waste your fingers. Instead, use those fingers to get on the phones and find a god damn striker who can hold the ball up, that would be good preparation for the Bluebirds.[/quote]

If they only posted real news you''d have been looking at a blank screen most of the summer!! : )

I notice he''s championing the idea of signing Hasselbank, what''s the betting that he''ll be the striker we end up with. If that happens I think I''ll just give up.

This quote from Fozzy was particularly telling for me...

"“It is a totally different team. You also have Sammy (Clingan) who is playing deeper than me this year, playing my role more or less, and I''m doing a role where I am trying to get forward more. It is all new to the players and there are a lot of new guys in.”

The Blackpool game was clear evidence that both Fozzy and Clingan were playing a deep holding role and as a result we lacked balance in the midfield. The game was crying out for Russell to come on as the advanced central midfielder. He''s already demonstrated an eye for goal and is prepared to burst forward beyond the strikers. My concern is that Roeder can''t or rather won''t drop HIS captain or one of HIS new signings despite the fact that they are too similar and don''t currently compliment eachother well

Agree with you, don''t even read official site no more...

We should have more points..., XXX preparing for game,...

Give us some info or don''t bother...

No strikers = No Goals = No points (maybe a good headliner fo official site)

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]Is it just me or is the official NCFC website completely pointless. I would certainly hope that Fozzy has been doing some preparation for this match and I would assume that he was preparing for all games this season. If there''s no news then don''t waste your fingers. Instead, use those fingers to get on the phones and find a god damn striker who can hold the ball up, that would be good preparation for the Bluebirds.[/quote]

along the same lines - DEJAN - "We should have more points" - thanks Dejan, but I think we''ve the propaganda message by now...

Bingo wrote

This quote from Fozzy was particularly telling for me...

"“It is a totally different team. You also have Sammy (Clingan) who is playing deeper than me this year, playing my role more or less, and I''m doing a role where I am trying to get forward more. It is all new to the players and there are a lot of new guys in.”

The Blackpool game was clear evidence that both Fozzy and Clingan were playing a deep holding role and as a result we lacked balance in the midfield. The game was crying out for Russell to come on as the advanced central midfielder. He''s already demonstrated an eye for goal and is prepared to burst forward beyond the strikers. My concern is that Roeder can''t or rather won''t drop HIS captain or one of HIS new signings despite the fact that they are too similar and don''t currently compliment eachother well

Good points. This was my view of our midfield too. Fozzy worked hard again but his passing was average to poor and when he had a good chance to shoot for goal in the first half he passed. It has to be Russell and Clingan.