Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

another one bites the dust

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]So what you''re saying Jas is, who needs facts when you''ve got the "simplist" solution- after all, it''s likely to be right..? [*-)]

[/quote]

That''s exactly what he''s saying. Who needs facts when you can just.........you know....reckon stuff [;)]

Seriously, the man has just got another job.  Next thing you know a waitress will leave Yellows to go work at MacDonalds and she''ll become a martyr for Jas.... [;)]

Good luck to the guy, he done well for us but all good things come to an end. Lets hope the next person is as good, if not better!

I''d do the job, do you think my Advertising and Marketing degree would get me in? Haha.

Yes, good luck to him in his new job.

I''m a little annoyed that we haven''t been given the chance to give him a proper send-off though.

Now I know the Board are lacking ambition - okay he has been here ten years, but Cullen is the only forward thinking senior person (other than GR) at Carra Rudd.  I''m not a marketeer but he has been an absolute god send for the club and without him we would definitely be non-league by now.  His community based marketing approach is copied by numerous clubs now, Sheff Utd are basically Norwich City Mk2 in that respect (no kidding, honest!!).  Mr Winkleman has probably dug extremely deep into his own pockets to poach him, it wouldn''t surprise me if Cullen is now on more than Doomcaster without incentives - if only our Board had swapped the salary packets at Carra Rudd between Cullen and Doomcaster, Cullen would have stayed!

I really am fearful of the clubs ability to maintain its links with supporters now.  My guess now is even if we have a moderately successful season this year (I know its a big IF) season ticket sales will still fall by 40% for next season!

[quote user="National express super guard "]

cullen''s too good at his job he had to go!!! or wouldn''t surprise me mk dons pay better!!!

[/quote]Exactly, where can you go when you sell all your season tickets each season?  No bigger challenge than the MK Dons,a  huge stadium and nobody to fill it.  Good luck to him.

Yellow Shirt

Could it be you are having problems with ''quote'' because you are a mac user.

I''m a mac user and it''s absolutely useless

[quote user="AndyJR"]Andrew Cullen on the Scrimmage in a moment - we will see what''s what!![/quote]Can you summarise?

I agree. The real reason he is leaving is that he wanted to be Chief Executive and finally realised that Doomcaster is going nowhere . Without Andrew the relationship with the fans will only deteriorate further.

All pure speculation. Nice one jetstream, only hope that a chant of  ''cullen'' reverberates around Carrow Road upon his successor''s arrival [:)]

[quote user="jetstream"]Indeed. I trust Pete is setting up a special "Cullen" section for all these tribute threads, as we speak.[/quote]

Perhaps now he is gone we could start chanting for him at games like for Hux? Could I suggest

"Andrew Cullen, by far the greatest marketing director, this world has ever seen"

[quote user="Bobert"]

Over ten years in the same job is not good either for the occupant or for the employer. I am sure its time for new blood to bring fresh ideas into Sales and Marketing. We need to make Carrow Road a more complete sporting and entertainment facility and Andy did not seem to be able to move much beyond football.

I have never been able to understand for example why the ground does not open until 1.30 pm on match day. There could be so much on offer to a potential crowd of 25,000 plus from speedway to a Swaffham style market.!

[/quote]

Hmmmm great ideas about potential use for the ground at CR, I''m a big speedway fan and have often suggested Norwich Speedway opening again, although I think it''s only a pipe dream.  Like the idea of a market too.