Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

another one bites the dust

cullen''s too good at his job he had to go!!! or wouldn''t surprise me mk dons pay better!!!

SALES & MARKETING DIRECTOR TO LEAVE

Posted on: Thu 21 Aug 2008

NORWICH City

Football Club today announced Director of Sales & Marketing Andrew

Cullen will be leaving Carrow Road to join MK Dons in November. After

10-and-a-half successful years with Norwich City, Andrew will join Pete

Winkelman and his team in Milton Keynes as their Sales & Marketing

Director.

An announcement about the future structure and composition of the

Club''s sales and marketing operation will be made in due course.

The Board of Directors of Norwich City wish to place on record their

sincere thanks and appreciation of all that Andrew has done in his time

at Carrow Road.

club going places or sinking ship? Not a hard decision...

You can only put your finger in the hole to stop the flooding for so long before you need to build a new boat

jas :)

I dont understand why people view positions in the club like this the same way they would a player, ie ''we are in the league above MK Dons why would he go there?'' Its a completely different kettle of fish when a head of marketing, or a sales person move on.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]Do you honestly believe that is the case?

Never mind it''s another one for Gunny!!

Decent bloke, great at marketting. Perhaps just run out of new ideas.

You can''t keep coming up with new ways of fleecing the punters all the time.

Good luck Andrew

When I first cloicked onto the Pink Un homepage I thought it said Cullum quits City for MK Dons ! Did a double take and realised it was just Cullen although good luck to him.

It’s a big loss to NCFC and I’m very sorry to see Andy go. He’s done a top job over the last few years, and that fact that we have 20,000 s/t holders and near sell outs every other week is a testament to him and his team.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

It’s a big loss to NCFC and I’m very sorry to see Andy go. He’s done a top job over the last few years, and that fact that we have 20,000 s/t holders and near sell outs every other week is a testament to him and his team.

[/quote]

its probably the   reason winkleman headhunted him, he`s trying to build something at mk and looked around and saw a club that sells out every week despite lack of success, he`ll want cullen to use the same formula to fill up stadium mk  and will be paying him a whopping great salary to  do so.  good luck to the bloke  but its hardly noel gallagher quitting oasis is it ?  life will go on

Clearly from his leaving message, he had a disagreement with the board:

" Football is very much about dreams as well as memories and I wish Glenn, his staff and the players every success in their determination to realise our supporters'' most profound wishes- a regular place in the Premier League where Norwich City should and truly deserve to be.”

[quote user="Belinda Honeychild"]

" Football is very much about dreams as well as memories and I wish Glenn, his staff and the players every success in their determination to realise our supporters'' most profound wishes- a regular place in the Premier League where Norwich City should and truly deserve to be.”

[/quote]

Don''t get what you are trying to say here.....

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Pete is a great guy to work for- While maybe not bad, I doubt the NCFC board are quite as good.[/quote]Step-up Mr Hoy!

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Do you honestly believe that is the case?
[/quote]

yes....The Same MK dons who beat us this season and have a former European cup winner and Serie A title winner as manager...

but we''ve got our hotel.. so everything is ok!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes....The Same MK dons who beat us this season and have a former European cup winner and Serie A title winner as manager...

[/quote]Yes, because just EVERYONE is saying that our hotel makes everything okay, aren''t they?My point is not whether MK Dons are going places, but whether you actually think our marketing manager went to them because our "ship is sinking"? Usually things are a little more complex than that in the real world - but it must be great to have such a simplistic black-and-white view of everything...

[quote user="I. Shurmer"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Yes, because just EVERYONE is saying that our hotel makes everything okay, aren''t they?

My point is not whether MK Dons are going places, but whether you actually think our marketing manager went to them because our "ship is sinking"? Usually things are a little more complex than that in the real world - but it must be great to have such a simplistic black-and-white view of everything...
[/quote]

because usually the simplist solution is the right one....

Over ten years in the same job is not good either for the occupant or for the employer. I am sure its time for new blood to bring fresh ideas into Sales and Marketing. We need to make Carrow Road a more complete sporting and entertainment facility and Andy did not seem to be able to move much beyond football.

I have never been able to understand for example why the ground does not open until 1.30 pm on match day. There could be so much on offer to a potential crowd of 25,000 plus from speedway to a Swaffham style market.!

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]When I first cloicked onto the Pink Un homepage I thought it said Cullum quits City for MK Dons ! Did a double take and realised it was just Cullen although good luck to him.[/quote]

I did the same - I thought Cullum had just bought MK Dons!

So what you''re saying Jas is, who needs facts when you''ve got the "simplist" solution- after all, it''s likely to be right..? [*-)]Goes a long way to explaining some of the views on this board anyway!

Bobert - why don''t you apply for the job!? I''d love to turn up at Carrow Road at 1PM on a Saturday for some speedway or a Swaffham-style market!? Would really be the thing to make me forget about the piss-poor football!

(I hope you were being ironic BTW.)

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Pete is a great guy to work for- While maybe not bad, I doubt the NCFC board are quite as good.[/quote]Step-up Mr Hoy![/quote]

Who?

[quote user="Belinda Honeychild"]

[/quote]

Rofl, complete bollocks. He''s just getting paid better at MK Dons, I bet.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Over ten years in the same job is not good either for the occupant or for the employer. [/quote]

yeh that Fergie has outstayed his welcome at Manchester utd hasnt he?

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Pete is a great guy to work for- While maybe not bad, I doubt the NCFC board are quite as good.[/quote]

Step-up Mr Hoy!
[/quote]

If Hoy does take that job, I wish everyone luck! He''ll be absolutely useless!

[quote user="Grando"]Bobert - why don''t you apply for the job!? I''d love to turn up at Carrow Road at 1PM on a Saturday for some speedway or a Swaffham-style market!? Would really be the thing to make me forget about the piss-poor football! (I hope you were being ironic BTW.)[/quote]Oh can we please!!?? Or.. how about gymkhana? [;)]

[quote user="Dincht"]

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="Yellow Shirt"]Pete is a great guy to work for- While maybe not bad, I doubt the NCFC board are quite as good.[/quote]Step-up Mr Hoy![/quote]

If Hoy does take that job, I wish everyone luck! He''ll be absolutely useless!

[/quote]Lol, ye of little faith.