Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for Foncy.

[quote user="billy bunter"]i dont get this though where does the money come from? and the winnings?[/quote]

Well Billy If I could just give you a potted version of how the Free Bet evolved , It was an idea that I had at the back of my mind for sometime , something I could do to help our wonderful club but not only that , something to entertain the lovely old City fans like yourself Billy . I went to a local Norwich bookmaker , Dixmar Racing on Reepham rd , I will never forget that day as long as I live , I remember standing in the shop for quite some time trying to pluck up courage to go up to the counter and ask for a Free Bet ,when I did ask I think every customer''s head turned to look at me as if I was crazy , my face I am sure was as red as a beetroot as I tried to explain what I wanted to do , the person I was talking to was in fact Billy Dixon who owns the shop he listened to my plans and said "sure why not ? it sounds like fun" . So Dixmar Racing gives us a Free £10 Bet every week with all winnings going to the Norwich City Academy.

I was joined in this venture by Nutty Nigel or the talented one as I call him because I think he could see I was struggling with my limited computer skills although he will never admit this but I ain''t daft , we have become a team and good friends ever since , I hope this helps Billy ...arrdee.

[quote user="billy bunter"]i dont get this though where does the money come from? and the winnings?[/quote]

Also it should be noted that billy the bookie always sorts us out with the best odds. However I havent won yet since using his services so I guess it doesnt matter what the odds are [:(]

[quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="billy bunter"]im sorry to all people on this page i apologise[/quote]

Now Billy you lovely old boy , thanks for that and of course we all accept your apology on the Free Bet pages . Well done . Also thanks Andy ....arrdee.

[/quote]

Well done Ray, peacemaker extraordinaire !

By the way still time for Chops to give his nap this week ?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"]

[quote user="billy bunter"]im sorry to all people on this page i apologise[/quote]

Now Billy you lovely old boy , thanks for that and of course we all accept your apology on the Free Bet pages . Well done . Also thanks Andy ....arrdee.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Jim I am taking Chelsea as Mr Chops "nap"  as he had selected this without knowing Shaun''s final pick from his many , that is until we hear different from the man himself , if at all ....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Jim I am taking Chelsea as Mr Chops "nap"  as he had selected this without knowing Shaun''s final pick from his many , that is until we hear different from the man himself , if at all ....arrdee.

[/quote]Sorry, I have this thing called work which prevents me posting between 8am and 6pm.What''s a "nap"?  Other than a short sleep.

Your own selection Mr Chops. Just a bit of fun to see who is the most successful picker at the end of the season. Just because you are doing the selections this week doesn''t mean to say you can''t pick your own team as well.

Best of luck this week.[Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Your own selection Mr Chops. Just a bit of fun to see who is the most successful picker at the end of the season. Just because you are doing the selections this week doesn''t mean to say you can''t pick your own team as well.

[/quote]Oh, right - thanks, I understand now.Mine was Chelsea to beat Wigan, so I''ll stick with that one.I''m a bit concerned about Leicester given Billy Bunter''s comments, but if I changed my bets now and the original picks all came in, I''d be gutted.  So I''ll stick with what I have, and fingers crossed.

Billy has apologised for his comments. The original picker was happy with his selection and you were happy with it and that''s good enough. OTBC.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Oh, right - thanks, I understand now.

Mine was Chelsea to beat Wigan, so I''ll stick with that one.
I''m a bit concerned about Leicester given Billy Bunter''s comments, but if I changed my bets now and the original picks all came in, I''d be gutted.  So I''ll stick with what I have, and fingers crossed.

[/quote]

Yes well done Mr Chops , no more than I would have expected from one such as you , of course you have done the right thing by remaining with your original selections , they really do look good , well done young sir . And thanks Lapp for brushing up the finer points ....arrdee

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lappinitup"]

[/quote]

Oh, right - thanks, I understand now.

Mine was Chelsea to beat Wigan, so I''ll stick with that one.
I''m a bit concerned about Leicester given Billy Bunter''s comments, but if I changed my bets now and the original picks all came in, I''d be gutted.  So I''ll stick with what I have, and fingers crossed.

[/quote]

If Leicester don''t win now I''m heading for the nunnery!

Mind you it may have some compensations to match my habits[6]

Now you lovely old Pickers the bet is on with Dixmar Racing , thanks to the wonderful Mr Chops and his selections look good indeed , Nutty agrees with me , he has said "we have an outstanding chance", the bet is..........

2-5     Liverpool--------Beaker

4-9     Chelsea----------Mr Chops. Shaun

1-2      Birmingham----- Graham H, City Angel , 1st Wazz

3-4      Leicester --------The Butler

8-13    Rotherham-------G Jim,Cosmic,arrdee

8-11    Hearts------------7rew

Which will win for the Academy £138-11p which is wonderful I ran this bet through a big Bookmakers and guess what they came up with ? £91-77p I know its easier to bet on line rather than lifting a phone up but I don''t know about you it seems a high price to pay to me . Anyhow I will be back later with some exciting news that Billy Dixon has told me this morning . So thanks once again Mr Chops a very good job indeed you lovely old boy . Good Luck all . Talk to you later ....arrdee.

Seems like a good choice to me, best of luck and lets hope that boat comes in. It was a pleasure to meet some of you guys the other night, thanks for your hospitality.

Oh Arrdee, That there meat I got from you was rather good, i''ll soon be back for more.

Kind regards Steve

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

Seems like a good choice to me, best of luck and lets hope that boat comes in. It was a pleasure to meet some of you guys the other night, thanks for your hospitality.

Oh Arrdee, That there meat I got from you was rather good, i''ll soon be back for more.

Kind regards Steve

[/quote]

You are welcome anytime Steve , you lovely old boy....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

2-5     Liverpool--------Beaker - WIN

4-9     Chelsea----------Mr Chops. Shaun - TOMORROW

1-2      Birmingham----- Graham H, City Angel , 1st Wazz - WIN

3-4      Leicester --------The Butler - WIN

8-13    Rotherham-------G Jim,Cosmic,arrdee - WIN

8-11    Hearts------------7rew - WIN

[/quote]Go Chelsea!

Well done everyone, great picks... good skills all round.Gerrard last minute for Liverpool - amazing.Fingers crossed for an away win for Chelsea.

Superb stuff Mr. C! You''ve got the magic touch there with the last minute goal!Great week all round by everyone. Best so far this season!And fingers crossed for tomorrow![Y][B]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Well done everyone, great picks... good skills all round.

Gerrard last minute for Liverpool - amazing.

Fingers crossed for an away win for Chelsea.

[/quote]

Yes yes you sweet lovely old boy , indeed you are the sweetest coffee cream in the Roses box . You might not know what a "nap" is but you know what a win is , come on Chelsea tomorrow , anyone going to watch the game ?....[:D]....arrdee.

Superb, that''s gonna mess up Sunday for her indoorsas I''m going to have to find the Chelski game somewhere and throw a little support their way.[;)]

Well picked Chops, I hope this is the only time this year that Ihave to wish for a yukky Chelski win, but I will wholeheartedly !

On the ball Chelski !

[quote user="lappinitup"]Any chance we can loan one of Rovers strikers Pete?  [H][/quote]

No! You leave them alone! Nothing to see here, move along...