Sign in to follow this  
BunnyB

Clingan Expected to be fit for Saturday!!

On reflection this is actually bad news ''cause it means we''ll still have the ineffective duo of Fotheringham & Clingan in central midfield.

my asssessment of Clingan so far is that he has been ineffective - can anyone point out one thing he has actually done that was positive for the team?

too similar to Fotheringham to play both, and for some stupid reason both are preferred to Russell

i''d prefer him to be injured so Russell can remind everyone what they are missing

[quote user="San Miguel"]

my assessment of Clingan so far is that he has been ineffective - too similar to Fotheringham to play both, and for some stupid reason both are preferred to Russell

[/quote]

Each to his own, but am astonished to read those comments. IMO Clingan is one of the most effective new signings - steady and calmer on the ball than Fotheringham and can make a good pass after defending.  Quite a different player from Russell, who I think is better going forward. I would agree however that both are better than Fotheringham. Think Clingan is going to be very good for the side - I''m so glad GR signed him and not Grant - otherwise he''s probably not get a look in...!.

YIPEE - cracking news

NOT

[quote user="billy bunter"]

YIPEE - cracking news

NOT

[/quote]

Wow your clever.Shouldnt you be at school at this time of day ?

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="San Miguel"]

my assessment of Clingan so far is that he has been ineffective - too similar to Fotheringham to play both, and for some stupid reason both are preferred to Russell

[/quote]

Each to his own, but am astonished to read those comments. IMO Clingan is one of the most effective new signings - steady and calmer on the ball than Fotheringham and can make a good pass after defending.  Quite a different player from Russell, who I think is better going forward. I would agree however that both are better than Fotheringham. Think Clingan is going to be very good for the side - I''m so glad GR signed him and not Grant - otherwise he''s probably not get a look in...!.

[/quote]

Totally agree Binky!

[quote user="BunnyB"]good news - link
[/quote]

Less like good news and more like indifferent news.  I agree with a few of the posters; in sofar as I cannot see what Clingan gives us that Fozzy doesnt already (although Fozzy isnt playing very well at the moment. 

I also wonder how Roeder intends to accomodate Hoolahan into the midfield (which I think he must) as he plays just off the front two, doesnt track that effectively and we are effectively playing 4-3-1-2 when he is playing.  i dont think that a midfield with Clingan and Fozzy is suited to that - I think we need one of Rusty or Pattison (cant believe I am saying this!) in the midfield to mop up.

Good news because I think he''ll do a good job for us especially if he''s played alongside Rusty. [:)]

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="San Miguel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I couldn''t agree more!

[quote user="San Miguel"]

my asssessment of Clingan so far is that he has been ineffective - can anyone point out one thing he has actually done that was positive for the team?

too similar to Fotheringham to play both, and for some stupid reason both are preferred to Russell

i''d prefer him to be injured so Russell can remind everyone what they are missing

[/quote]

I would prefer Fotheringham to be injured as Clingan is better and much more consistent. I would like to see a Clingan/Russell combination in the middle on saturday.

[quote user="jacktungate"]I''m quite dubious about clicking on link after the Alan Lee thing earlier![/quote]

hover your mouse over the link but dont click.. look in the information bar which runs along the bottom of your web window... it will tell you which page the link points too... this link is ok.. its on the EEN site.

jas :)

Well done Archant, yesterday he was fit and would probably be playing at Cardiff but today he''s a massive doubt, are the club still not communicating with you?

[quote user="cityangel"]Well done Archant, yesterday he was fit and would probably be playing at Cardiff but today he''s a massive doubt, are the club still not communicating with you?[/quote]

Keeps the opposition guessing....

Worthy says he''s fit, Roeder says he''s doubtful. Personally I''d not take the risk and would play Russell alongside Fozzy.

Marshall for me, we would be even lower than we are if it wasn''t for him and some superb keeping.....Get a solid back four and he would have half the work to do!

Opps sorry Firefox and pinkuns don''t seem to work to well together today??? Last post was supposed to be in the "Whos the best player at the mo"[:$]