Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

The Apologist's calendar

[quote user="Fellas"]The Doom and Gloomers calender:Month             What you will say

September:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

October:         "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

November:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

December:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

January:        "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

February:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

March:         "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

April:            "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

May:            "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"[/quote]quality, may have to add "Cullum is from Norwich, he wanted to put £20m in for transfers, blah blah blah"

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

You''d have to join the queue ''cause Mr Babes is already sueing me [:|]

[;)]

BTW if I was on the board I would suggest they called it The Huckerby Bridge to try to mend bridges with the fans...

Or would that be a bridge too far ...

[/quote]

News to me nigel.

But then you''re nutty aren''t you.

So I guess we really shouldn''t take too much notice should we?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

The 21st century is news to you Babes [:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

You''d have to join the queue ''cause Mr Babes is already sueing me [:|]

[;)]

BTW if I was on the board I would suggest they called it The Huckerby Bridge to try to mend bridges with the fans...

Or would that be a bridge too far ...

[/quote]

News to me nigel.

But then you''re nutty aren''t you.

So I guess we really shouldn''t take too much notice should we?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

The 21st century is news to you Babes [:O]

[/quote]

As usual you don''t really get it nigel.[:-*]

You build what you hope are insults on assumptions which are in themselves hilarious.[:$]

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Still.

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
For those of you who think everything''s marvellous at the moment, I''ve drawn you up a little calendar so you can repeat the last two seasons without having to try too hard:

Month             What you will say
September:     "it''s all going to be okay, the team just need time to gel."
October:         "once (insert name of injured players here) get back in the first team, we''ll be fine."
November:     "it''s okay, we''re still only twelve points off the playoffs, plenty of time left."
December:     "once the January window opens, we''ll get some quality in and climb the table."
January:         "Don''t panic.  Any day now we''ll bring in (insert name of ridiculously talented premiership player who would only play for us if                         every other club in Europe simultaneously went bust) and we''ll get back in contention."
February:     "Our new loan players will dig us out of this.  They are young and hungry and brilliant, though I''ve never seen them play."
March:         "We''re too good to go down."
April:             "We''ll be okay, the bottom three are worse than us."
May:             "Helloooo Neil?  Yeah, that''s a bit disappointing to be honest with you.  Still, I''m renewing anyway, at least we''ll see a championship winning season."

And so we go sleepwalking into League One.

Brilliant!

[/quote]

[quote user="Count Chopula"]Looking good...if by good, you mean rubbish...[/quote]Looks like we''re in April though Chops [*-)]

Nice work as usual, Chops.

At the risk of being serious, the weird thing about this season is that there have been grounds for optimism. Even in the disaster at Hillsborough it''s generally agreed that we were excellent in the first half, as we were against Birmingham and Swansea, not to mention stuffing the team who are running away with the league. Then, just when you think a corner is being turned, a big truck comes along and runs you over. How can we play Birmingham off the pitch, and beat Wolves 5-2, and be in the bottom four?

I''ve seen better football from City this season than I''ve seen for ages. And I''ve seen utterly awful gutless dreck. Totally bizarre. But I''m going to stand by my optimist''s assertion that we won''t go down.

very impressive - not such a silly count (or pretty face come to that) are we choppo!!!a scary prediction - thus far correct,,,will the calendar run full term - please bring this back to light in april chops - when all will be clear>?<