Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

The Apologist's calendar

For those of you who think everything''s marvellous at the moment, I''ve

drawn you up a little calendar so you can repeat the last two seasons

without having to try too hard:

Month             What you will say

September:     "it''s all going to be okay, the team just need time to gel."

October:         "once (insert name of injured players here) get back in the first team, we''ll be fine."

November:     "it''s okay, we''re still only twelve points off the playoffs, plenty of time left."

December:     "once the January window opens, we''ll get some quality in and climb the table."

January:         "Don''t panic.  Any day now we''ll bring in (insert name of

ridiculously talented premiership player who would only play for us if

every other club in Europe simultaneously went bust) and we''ll get back

in contention."

February:     "Our new loan players will dig us out of this.  They are young and hungry and brilliant, though I''ve never seen them play."

March:         "We''re too good to go down."

April:             "We''ll be okay, the bottom three are worse than us."

May:             "Helloooo Neil?  Yeah, that''s a bit disappointing to be honest with you.  Still, I''m renewing anyway, at least we''ll see a championship winning season."

And so we go sleepwalking into League One.

Quality....and should be "bumped" up each month to check accuracy......

The apologists won''t like it up ''em though Captain Mainwaring........

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
For those of you who think everything''s marvellous at the moment, I''ve drawn you up a little calendar so you can repeat the last two seasons without having to try too hard:

October:         "once (insert name of injured players here) get back in the first team, we''ll be fine."
November:     "it''s okay, we''re still only twelve points off the playoffs, plenty of time left."
December:     "once the January window opens, we''ll get some quality in and climb the table."
January:         "Don''t panic.  Any day now we''ll bring in (insert name of ridiculously talented premiership player who would only play for us if                         every other club in Europe simultaneously went bust) and we''ll get back in contention."
February:     "Our new loan players will dig us out of this.  They are young and hungry and brilliant, though I''ve never seen them play."
May:             "Helloooo Neil?  Yeah, that''s a bit disappointing to be honest with you.  Still, I''m renewing anyway, at least we''ll see a championship winning season."

[/quote]

Now Mr Chops there is no doubt that you are such a lovely old boy and one of the sweetest slabs of Palm toffee ever but what ever is this sleepwalking into League one all about ? I think you know better than that Fuzzy, well I am hoping you do .[;)]....arrdee.

For those of you who think everything''s marvellous at the moment, I''ve drawn you up a little calendar so you can repeat the last two seasons without having to try too hard:

January:         "Don''t panic.  Any day now we''ll bring in (insert name of ridiculously talented premiership player who would only play for us if                         every other club in Europe simultaneously went bust) and we''ll get back in contention."

[/quote]

LOL :>()

[quote user="Mister Chops"]For those of you who think everything''s marvellous at the moment, I''ve

January:         "Don''t panic.  Any day now we''ll bring in (insert name of

ridiculously talented premiership player who would only play for us if

every other club in Europe simultaneously went bust) and we''ll get back

in contention."

[/quote]Zzzzzzz....

September:     "Two lucky wins don''t make a succesful season."
October:         "once (insert name of players playing well here) are injured or suspended we won''t have any cover and we''ll soon be back in the relegation zone"
November:     "It won''t last, we''re still only twelve points off the bottom 3, plenty of time left to get sucked back in"
December:     "once the January window opens, the more ambitious clubs will get some better quality in and we''ll soon be plummeting back down the table."
January:         "Don''t get carried away.  Any day now A premiership club will come in and buy (insert name of players who have been key to our resurgent season) the board will sell first chance they get and then spend the money on a new footbridge to Morrisons and we''ll be back flirting with relegation."

February:     "The heavy pitches will take there toll on our young passing team, I told you Roeder only signed runts and the good results won''t last."
March:         "We''re not good enough to go up."
April:             "When it comes down to it we''ll bottle it, we always do."
May:             "Helloooo Neil?  Yeah, they got lucky but remember the last time we did that, we won''t sign anyone and Roeder will be off to the first club that comes sniffing. He was only using us to showcase.  I''m waiting to see what players we sign before I decide to renew. We''ll be straight back down, you mark my words.

And so we go kicking and screaming into the premiership.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Month             What you will saySeptember:     "Two lucky wins don''t make a succesful season."October:         "once (insert name of players playing well here) are injured or suspended we won''t have any cover and we''ll soon be back in the relegation zone"November:     "It won''t last, we''re still only twelve points off the bottom 3, plenty of time left to get sucked back in"December:     "once the January window opens, the more ambitious clubs will get some better quality in and we''ll soon be plummeting back down the table."January:         "Don''t get carried away.  Any day now A premiership club will come in and buy (insert name of players who have been key to our resurgent season) the board will sell first chance they get and then spend the money on a new footbridge to Morrisons and we''ll be back flirting with relegation."

February:     "The heavy pitches will take there toll on our young passing team, I told you Roeder only signed runts and the good results won''t last."March:         "We''re not good enough to go up."April:             "When it comes down to it we''ll bottle it, we always do."May:             "Helloooo Neil?  Yeah, they got lucky but remember the last time we did that, we won''t sign anyone and Roeder will be off to the first club that comes sniffing. He was only using us to showcase.  I''m waiting to see what players we sign before I decide to renew. We''ll be straight back down, you mark my words.

[/quote]I should probably sue you, but this is very good, well done.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Month             What you will sayJanuary:         "Don''t get carried away.  Any day now A premiership club will come in and buy (insert name of players who have been key to our resurgent season) the board will sell first chance they get and then spend the money on a new footbridge to Morrisons and we''ll be back flirting with relegation."

[/quote]Though if this ever happens, and if you can name any contenders who Premier teams might even look twice at, I will change my name by deed poll to Jervis Jervis. 

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Quality....and should be "bumped" up each month to check accuracy......

[/quote]

I agree, or perhaps we should all make predictions that are pinned to the top - only 1 contribution per person allowed!

Call me a "hopeless old optimist" (and I imagine that you might call me far worse) but I really think that those talking about relegation have got it completely wrong.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Month             What you will say
October:         "once (insert name of players playing well here) are injured or suspended we won''t have any cover and we''ll soon be back in the relegation zone"
November:     "It won''t last, we''re still only twelve points off the bottom 3, plenty of time left to get sucked back in"
December:     "once the January window opens, the more ambitious clubs will get some better quality in and we''ll soon be plummeting back down the table."
January:         "Don''t get carried away.  Any day now A premiership club will come in and buy (insert name of players who have been key to our resurgent season) the board will sell first chance they get and then spend the money on a new footbridge to Morrisons and we''ll be back flirting with relegation."

February:     "The heavy pitches will take there toll on our young passing team, I told you Roeder only signed runts and the good results won''t last."
May:             "Helloooo Neil?  Yeah, they got lucky but remember the last time we did that, we won''t sign anyone and Roeder will be off to the first club that comes sniffing. He was only using us to showcase.  I''m waiting to see what players we sign before I decide to renew. We''ll be straight back down, you mark my words.

[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]For those of you who think everything''s marvellous at the moment, I''ve

[/quote]Very prescient. I think Doherty''s return could be the key factor in our title push...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Month             What you will say

[/quote]

Erm...but we did come straight back down...due to lack of ambition, investment and bottling it - "we always do"

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Erm...but we did come straight back down...due to lack of ambition, investment and bottling it - "we always do"

[/quote]

No only once - last time (Yes I know  - so don''t bother with the obvious!)

Re Hesky - this isn''t one of yours is it Alex? I think you had the record for the most wrong rumours last summer didn''t you? Although to be fair, you have been much quieter on this front this year.

Point well made nutty but the OP is based on the reality of the last three seasons and the start of this one, whilst yours is pure fantasy.

I should probably sue you, but this is very good, well done.

[/quote]

You''d have to join the queue ''cause Mr Babes is already sueing me [:|]

[;)]

BTW if I was on the board I would suggest they called it The Huckerby Bridge to try to mend bridges with the fans...

Or would that be a bridge too far ...

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Re Hesky - this isn''t one of yours is it Alex? I think you had the record for the most wrong rumours last summer didn''t you? Although to be fair, you have been much quieter on this front this year.

[/quote]

May I be the first to say "wtf?"

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Point well made nutty but the OP is based on the reality of the last three seasons and the start of this one, whilst yours is pure fantasy.[/quote]

Nothing much posted on this message board is based on the reality of anything Mr Carrow [8-|] Especially the OP [^o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Point well made nutty but the OP is based on the reality of the last three seasons and the start of this one, whilst yours is pure fantasy.[/quote]

Nothing much posted on this message board is based on the reality of anything Mr Carrow [8-|] Especially the OP [^o)]

[/quote]

The comments listed in the OP have been made endlessly over the last three seasons and have generally been wrong.  The people who have posted comments similar to those in your post have generally been right- and there is little evidence at the moment that they won`t be right again.

The Doom and Gloomers calender:Month             What you will say

September:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

October:         "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

November:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

December:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

January:        "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

February:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

March:         "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

April:            "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

May:            "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The comments listed in the OP have been made endlessly over the last three seasons and have generally been wrong.  The people who have posted comments similar to those in your post have generally been right- and there is little evidence at the moment that they won`t be right again.

[/quote]

Show me then..

[quote user="Fellas"]The Doom and Gloomers calender:

September:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
October:         "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
November:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
December:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
January:        "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
February:     "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
March:         "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
April:            "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
May:            "Team not good enough, lack of ambition, delia out"
[/quote]

This is right up Clucks, Wiz, Blys street and I am sure they will state all true. However F  ing hilarious post.

[/quote]

[;)]

BTW if I was on the board I would suggest they called it The Huckerby Bridge to try to mend bridges with the fans...

[/quote]

News to me nigel.

But then you''re nutty aren''t you.

So I guess we really shouldn''t take too much notice should we?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

That was the original plan but you know the restaurants always come first so they have bought a large white chilling appliance and called it The Huckerby Fridge.

Mark .Y.