Sign in to follow this  
ElmerFudd

Alan Lee

Town fan in peace (well almost).

The EDP mentions that Glum Rodent might consider taking Alan Lee (goal!) across the Waveney.

You could certainly do a lot worse, I wish we had the funds to keep him as a back-up, but it looks like Colin at Palace is going to buy him for 750k.

With your managers NUFC links to Shola Fish perhaps he could persuade him to sign for us, then we could let you have Lee on the cheap, then when Shola is past his sell-by-date we could pass him on to you.

Well at least you did manage a goal on Saturday - Happy Days!

He may be a scummer but he is exactly the type of player we need.   Have to say I did like the look of him at CR last season.Alan Lee would top my list of targets over JFH, Iverson, Shola and Carroll.   

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

The EDP mentions that Glum Rodent might consider taking Alan Lee (goal!) across the Waveney.

You could certainly do a lot worse, I wish we had the funds to keep him as a back-up, but it looks like Colin at Palace is going to buy him for 750k.

With your managers NUFC links to Shola Fish perhaps he could persuade him to sign for us, then we could let you have Lee on the cheap, then when Shola is past his sell-by-date we could pass him on to you.

[/quote]

I''d rather see Lee here than Amoebi - seriously, this isn''t sour grapes - mark my words, Amoebi will be side-lined more often than not.

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

[/quote]Shola Fish.....:-) However Alan Lee is not welcome as far as I''m concerned. I sat next to him in starbucks at the end of last season - he is the end of a bell alright and was slagging off the mighty Yellows :-/

[quote]However Alan Lee is not welcome as far as I''m concerned. I sat next to him in starbucks at the end of last season - he is the end of a bell alright and was slagging off the mighty Yellows[/quote]

Judging by your avatar you''re not a schoolboy, so please refrain from acting like one.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]the scums sloppy seconds? no thanks. we really are getting desperate if were prepared to settle for this, i am losing complete confidence in roeder and the board.[/quote]

So? Better than what we''ve got at the moment that''s for sure

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]the scums sloppy seconds? no thanks. we really are getting desperate if were prepared to settle for this, i am losing complete confidence in roeder and the board.[/quote]

So? Better than what we''ve got at the moment that''s for sure

[/quote]Exactly, some people need to understand that a player like Alan Lee is much much better then anything we currently have up front.    It pains me to say it, believe me, buts its true.We have to live within our means, and that means NO to Shola but YES to someone like Lee.   Until the board sells up, this will always be the case.Unless anyone on here is going to do anything about getting rid of Delia (i.e. buying her out), then we all have to face facts and stop acting like spoilt little children who cant have that new toy they want.

I''d gladly take him, proven at Championship level and works well with a partner (really hit it off with Counago), if he joined and formed a similar alliance with Cureton/Koroma/Lupoli, I''m sure we''d all forget where he signed from.......

As for previous signings from south of the Waveney, I remember Trevor Putney joining in a swap for Deehan doing decent job.....

[quote user="shyster"][quote]However Alan Lee is not welcome as far as I''m concerned. I sat next to him in starbucks at the end of last season - he is the end of a bell alright and was slagging off the mighty Yellows[/quote]

Judging by your avatar you''re not a schoolboy, so please refrain from acting like one.[/quote]Thanks for your schoolteacher like request - I think I''ll ignore it though if thats ok with you. The point is that I actually toned things down when I heard him say things that NO Canary would accept on any level. I would expand on it but i''d prefer not too as it''s childish and don''t want to be told off by you as you mean so much to me.  why are you so interested in him? Is it a crush or something or do you covet binners??

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Steve Hopkins"]Poor mans Luca Toni.[/quote]

I hope you''re trying to be funny.
[/quote]

Erm.....I don''t understand how that can be taken as a compliment but nevermind.

Just to clarify, he''s absolute sh*t.

Ok, well thats your opinion.I would personally take either of them over JFH or some other lower league reject.

Alan Lee... nah not for me.  I just had a look on the Town website and last season in 37 league games he scored 11 goals, not good enough for a main striker.  Jamie Cureton could score that much and Jamie Cureton is pants!  We could also do alot better than him and get someone who can score 20 goals a season and not an average 11.  And one more reason, he is a scummer.

[quote]Thanks for your schoolteacher like request - I think I''ll ignore it

though if thats ok with you. The point is that I actually toned things

down when I heard him say things that NO Canary would accept on any

level. I would expand on it but i''d prefer not too as it''s childish and

don''t want to be told off by you as you mean so much to me.  why are you so interested in him? Is it a crush or something or do you covet binners??[/quote]

Well, you didn''t do a very good job of ignoring me, but thanks for confirming  that you are indeed acting very childish here by accusing me of being a binner & a queer to boot, merely because I stated that I''d prefer Lee than Amoebi.I''ve been confronted by many people in the game who''ve been derisive of NCFC and as I''ve mentioned here before, I''ve actually come to blows in defending the latter, but that has no bearing on why I''d prefer a signing like Lee over the vastly overrated Amoebi, and it certainly doesn''t mean that I''ve ever had any particular interest in the former, let alone a ''crush''. [:P]Suffice it to say, it is a schoolboy mentality that would condemn a footballer for rivalry banter.

Well I wish Jamie would hurry up and start on his way to the grand total of 11 goals then. At the moment he looks like he couldn''t hit a cows @rse with another cow! If it takes JFH & Alan Lee to get us a few goals then so be it!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would rather have JFH than Alan Lee , as if we want Scum cast offs here , and he went about 20 games without scoring last season in a successful side.[/quote]

So Lee must''ve had a bloody good assist rate to have played in a relatively successful team.Seriously though,  you''d do well to thoroughly read through your posts before hitting the post button.

[quote user="shyster"][quote]Thanks for your schoolteacher like request - I think I''ll ignore it

though if thats ok with you. The point is that I actually toned things

down when I heard him say things that NO Canary would accept on any

level. I would expand on it but i''d prefer not too as it''s childish and

don''t want to be told off by you as you mean so much to me.  why are you so interested in him? Is it a crush or something or do you covet binners??[/quote]

Well, you didn''t do a very good job of ignoring me, but thanks for confirming  that you are indeed acting very childish here by accusing me of being a binner & a queer to boot, merely because I stated that I''d prefer Lee than Amoebi.I''ve been confronted by many people in the game who''ve been derisive of NCFC and as I''ve mentioned here before, I''ve actually come to blows in defending the latter, but that has no bearing on why I''d prefer a signing like Lee over the vastly overrated Amoebi, and it certainly doesn''t mean that I''ve ever had any particular interest in the former, let alone a ''crush''. [:P]Suffice it to say, it is a schoolboy mentality that would condemn a footballer for rivalry banter.[/quote]

You really are something. It was you who started this by slagging me off for posting something totally relevant to the issue.Just to be clear.  I ACCUSED YOU OF NOTHING. I ASKED QUESTIONS. THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE. You do protest too much however :-)

Mind you I''ve just noticed you''ve come to blows over derisory remarks - here''s another QUESTION, is that childish or grown up?

If you need anymore help about the difference between a QUESTION and an ACCUSATION please let me know.

[quote user="Clipped Canary"]Well I wish Jamie would hurry up and start on his way to the grand total of 11 goals then. At the moment he looks like he couldn''t hit a cows @rse with another cow! If it takes JFH & Alan Lee to get us a few goals then so be it!
[/quote]

As much as I hate it when the team sheet is read out and I hear Jamie''s name I know he could score that many and I think he will score that many once he''s scored one.

But don''t think I''m sticking up for him and I like him because I am not and I hope he dosn''t wear a Norwich shirt again.  Cureton is pants just like Lee. 

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would rather have JFH than Alan Lee , as if we want Scum cast offs here , and he went about 20 games without scoring last season in a successful side.
[/quote]

I would too Loan. I was at Ninian Park last season and Jimmy Floyd was their best player on the pitch. He''s always got a goal in him and you can never feel safe when he''s on the pitch because he can be dangerous from any distance. He was subbed late on and all us City fans were well relieved to see him go.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2007-2008/matches/080209Cardiff.aspx

If JFH has retained what he had then he could be an interesting signing but only if it''s a stop gap until a player such as Iverson is signed. JFH for the season with Iverson here ASAP would be much better than wasting money on players Roeder didn''t really want.

Remember Worthy''s wise words that he could buy half a dozen strikers for a few hundred thousand but they wouldn''t be good enough to take the club forward. He didn''t get his targets so brought in Dion on loan. Then remember Peter Grant and Brown and Strihavka!

[quote user="shyster"][quote]Thanks for your schoolteacher like request - I think I''ll ignore it though if thats ok with you. The point is that I actually toned things down when I heard him say things that NO Canary would accept on any level. I would expand on it but i''d prefer not too as it''s childish and don''t want to be told off by you as you mean so much to me.

why are you so interested in him? Is it a crush or something or do you covet binners??[/quote]

Well, you didn''t do a very good job of ignoring me, but thanks for confirming  that you are indeed acting very childish here by accusing me of being a binner & a queer to boot, merely because I stated that I''d prefer Lee than Amoebi.

I''ve been confronted by many people in the game who''ve been derisive of NCFC and as I''ve mentioned here before, I''ve actually come to blows in defending the latter, but that has no bearing on why I''d prefer a signing like Lee over the vastly overrated Amoebi, and it certainly doesn''t mean that I''ve ever had any particular interest in the former, let alone a ''crush''. [:P]

Suffice it to say, it is a schoolboy mentality that would condemn a footballer for rivalry banter.[/quote]

OOps don''t think you can say that one anymore. Watch out for the PC brigade [:D]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would rather have JFH than Alan Lee , as if we want Scum cast offs here , and he went about 20 games without scoring last season in a successful side.[/quote]

So Lee must''ve had a bloody good assist rate to have played in a relatively successful team.Seriously though,  you''d do well to thoroughly read through your posts before hitting the post button.[/quote] Starting to think your a binner , must be to want that pikey piece of scum in a yellow shirt .

[quote user="ElmerFudd"]

sloppy 2nds?

well you''ve taken plenty in the past, thankfully Town only made the (BIG) mistake once with Marshall.

[/quote]

um...i''m gonna bite here... :)

Ipsh*t have had Andy Marshall, David Wright...(current scummer) Kevin Lisbie (current scummer), Paul Dalglish on trial... Alex Bruce (Steve Bruce''s dad...ex norwich) Joe Royal as manager...  In the last 5-10 years so i think there is no doubt who''s had the other sides seconds...

Needless to say though in the current situation i''d take Lee anyday...

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="shyster"][quote user="Loan City Fc "]Would rather have JFH than Alan Lee , as if we want Scum cast offs here , and he went about 20 games without scoring last season in a successful side.[/quote]

So Lee must''ve had a bloody good assist rate to have played in a relatively successful team.Seriously though,  you''d do well to thoroughly read through your posts before hitting the post button.[/quote] Starting to think your a binner , must be to want that pikey piece of scum in a yellow shirt .[/quote]

I think so too Loan. With all the footballers in the world shyster seems to be fixated on Alan Lee. Is it for footballing or non footballing reasons? ( That was another question there shyster).

[quote]Just to be clear.  I ACCUSED YOU OF NOTHING. I ASKED QUESTIONS.[/quote]

Well, to be precise, you made accusations within a question - here it is: "Why are you so interested in him - is it a crush or something or do you covet binners??"

I''d previously explained why I''d prefer the acquisition of Lee over Amoebi, and as you can see plainly above, you did indeed accuse me of being an Ipshit supporting marmite-miner.Are you now going to insist on making yourself look like a bigger tool than you already are by denying that?