Sign in to follow this  
I beat Atalanta

Morons who call phone ins

[quote user="cityangel"]

Lupoli has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons and OJ is here to learn his trade

[/quote]

Some of us pointed this out Angel and just got ruddy flamed for it.

It gives us little satisfaction to see it coming true though.[:(]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Dont expect an answer CA, Walphy doesnt answer tricky questions.

[/quote]

You''re senile.

I''ll answer any question you care to throw at me old timer.....
[/quote]

How about what F@£king planet are you on? How come West Brom,Palace,Sheff UTD,Birmingham........ And the likes manage to out spend our club every year? Answer Walph......

True after one game, yes. True for the whole season which you have already written off, no. It was his 1st, I''ll say that again FIRST competeive game, he is not up to scratch fitness wise yet. Jesus man.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Dont expect an answer CA,

[/quote]As there are no more questions.... I''m off. For six.... long.... luverly months...... cheerio  :o)

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="cityangel"]

But it should have been a priority back in July, Lupoli has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons and OJ is here to learn his trade which leaves us with Jamie who wont produce without a target man.

Have we tried hard enough? Have we offered enough money? Other clubs have bought strikers so why are we finding it so difficult

[/quote],

What strikers do you think Glen has missed who have gone to other clubs? Beattie? Brilliant signing but out of our league. Lisbie? Been there - no thanks. Lyle? No...... who would you have gone for cityangel?
[/quote]

What about

Iwelumo, Morrison, Eastwood, Fitz Hall, Commons, Earnshaw, Ormeroyd or Nathan Tyson just to name a few, could one of them not done a job for us??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="cityangel"]

But it should have been a priority back in July, Lupoli has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons and OJ is here to learn his trade which leaves us with Jamie who wont produce without a target man.

Have we tried hard enough? Have we offered enough money? Other clubs have bought strikers so why are we finding it so difficult

[/quote],

What strikers do you think Glen has missed who have gone to other clubs? Beattie? Brilliant signing but out of our league. Lisbie? Been there - no thanks. Lyle? No...... who would you have gone for cityangel?
[/quote]

What about

Iwelumo, Morrison, Eastwood, Fitz Hall, Commons, Earnshaw, Ormeroyd or Nathan Tyson just to name a few, could one of them not done a job for us??

[/quote]

CA, as I understand it, Fitz Hall is a centre half and Kris Commons is a midfielder/winger. That money grabbing little so-and-so and Eastwood aren''t really what we need, and Iwelumo, Morrison, Ormerod and Tyson are nothing more than OK so I suggest you stop clutching at straws.

And to question whether we (I take it as in Roeder?) have not tried hard enough in getting the right man in, I''m sorry, but that''s a bit silly in my opinion.

I agree with most of this list CA, don''t think Hall is a striker and QPR are like Chelseas, if they want a player, they get him. The way that Curo linked with Iwelumo at Col U was good and would have done the same here. Ormeroyd is pants thou and Tyson is still avaliable.

The problem is that GR would never say he has missed out on a player, we don''t know if he wants to spend big, or if he is getting no funds at all or if he is getting funds, but prefers to have the hard done look to him if he fails, I know he likes the cheaper player and youths as he can gel them and get more praise.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Iwelumo, Morrison, Ormerod and Tyson are nothing more than OK so I suggest you stop clutching at straws.

And to question whether we (I take it as in Roeder?) have not tried hard enough in getting the right man in, I''m sorry, but that''s a bit silly in my opinion.

[/quote]

So you don''t think any of those 4 are better than Lupoli and OJ then? If you think the club had offered the right money for the strikers available instead of trying to get everyone on the cheap we would have had a striker by now. Iwelumo would have done a massive job with Jamie, why didn''t we go for him?

When I say have we tried hard enough thats a go at the boards reluctance to spend big money, Roeder can''t spend what he''s not given and thats why we''re relying on loanees and cheapies.

I would have Lupo over Ormerod and Morrison any day of the year, albeit it is early doors. Tyson, I don''t know too much about him, he has bags of pace and is strong, but don''t know what his scoring ratio is like thou.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Iwelumo, Morrison, Ormerod and Tyson are nothing more than OK so I suggest you stop clutching at straws.

[/quote]

So you don''t think any of those 4 are better than Lupoli and OJ then? If you think the club had offered the right money for the strikers available instead of trying to get everyone on the cheap we would have had a striker by now. Iwelumo would have done a massive job with Jamie, why didn''t we go for him?

When I say have we tried hard enough thats a go at the boards reluctance to spend big money, Roeder can''t spend what he''s not given and thats why we''re relying on loanees and cheapies.

[/quote]

Definitelt not better than Lupoli, no - and he wasn''t fully fit neither! As for OJ, I think you and I both know that one game is still far too early to judge. I seem to remember you (and others) judging Ryan Bertrand after just one game - look what happened there, turned out to be quite a player didn''t he? The same with Ched Evans if I''m not mistaken.

Yes, Cureton and Iwelumo were a great partnership in their Col U days - but he only made the Wolves bench today, so can you or anybody else actually guarantee that the partnership would''ve worked second time around at a different club? To answer your question re Iwelumo, maybe Roeder did try for him and was unsuccessful for whatever reason, or maybe he just wasn''t interested in him.

Plus, this board of ours (and I am not ''pro-board'' in case someone gets the wrong impression) can''t give Roeder money to spend which they haven''t got can they?

[/quote]

As there are no more questions.... I''m off. For six.... long.... luverly months...... cheerio  :o)
[/quote]

Have fun TRUE SUPPORTER!! SIX MONTHS OFF AT THE START OF THE SEASON...TOP LAD!!!!!

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote],

[/quote]

What about

[/quote]

CA, as I understand it, Fitz Hall is a centre half and Kris Commons is a midfielder/winger. That money grabbing little so-and-so and Eastwood aren''t really what we need, and Iwelumo, Morrison, Ormerod and Tyson are nothing more than OK so I suggest you stop clutching at straws.

[/quote]

Would you rather....and truth been known.....Cole and Earnie or Curo and Lupu?

The thread started by using the word prioity and that is exactly the point. We have managed to get hold of another (our 5th) centre half this week, just like that. The number of mid-fielders we have are coming out of our ears and we have a loanee playing at right back who is no better than Semmy. For God sakes we need a target man striker who can score a few goals otherwise we are going to carry on dominating games and lose, just like today. That should have been our PRIORITY not the last peice of the jig-saw.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well from what I saw today I would be gutted if we had bought Eastwood and Morrison and had them on long contracts. Our strikers looked much better than them. But, it was only one game.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well from what I saw today I would be gutted if we had bought Eastwood and Morrison and had them on long contracts. Our strikers looked much better than them. But, it was only one game.

[/quote]

I wasn'' there today Nutty so will bow to your judgement. The point I was trying to make is that if we had given Roeder enough money we would now have a proven striker. I''m not sure if the players I list could have done ajob for us, I was just trying to make the point there were plenty of strikers available which other clubs have signed up, if that makes sense.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote],

[/quote]

What about

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you rather....and truth been known.....Cole and Earnie or Curo and Lupu?

[/quote]

I know what you''re saying there Arthur, but I would still rather put my faith in the latter two.

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

... there is NO money. and anyone who looks at the anual accounts can tell that.... do other clubs have more money than us???

have we spent less than any other club so far this seasn in the championship?

jas :)

[/quote],

I''ve also looked at the accounts and there is money.

QPR, Derby, Brum, Wolves, Reading, Scum, Sheff Utd, Forest, Palace all have more money than us to spend

Including wage commitments we have spent more than many Champ clubs this summer.......

Could be worse....... could be Derby fans
[/quote]

Remember saying this earlier ralph? I''ll answer any question you care to throw at me old timer.....

So why havent you answered any of my questions on previous threads? Oh and while im here ill ask you a question...How would you know how much money there is to be spent when it hasnt even been published yet unless you work for the club, which would explain a lot?

[quote user="cityangel"]

I wasn'' there today Nutty so will bow to your judgement. The point I was trying to make is that if we had given Roeder enough money we would now have a proven striker. I''m not sure if the players I list could have done ajob for us, I was just trying to make the point there were plenty of strikers available which other clubs have signed up, if that makes sense.

[/quote]

Roeder says he has been given the funds, he also says he hasn''t missed out on his targets. There seems to be a problem getting his striker in but at no point has he said it was through lack of finance. The point I am making is that the ''proven strikers'' that are regularly mentioned on here may not be better than the ones Roeder got. On todays evidence ours were better than Eastwood and Morrison and last season Cureton out scored the likes of Eastwood and Sharpe. When Roeder signs this striker he will have Lupoli, Cureton and Koroma to choose from to play beside him. I don''t believe the picture is as bleak as being painted on here.

Better to be waiting for the player he wants than if we had already got Eastwood is my feelings tonight Angel.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you nutty and I only listened to it - Eastwood and Morrison didn''t really sound like they were in the game at all at times.

[/quote]

As there are no more questions.... I''m off. For six.... long.... luverly months...... cheerio  :o)
[/quote]

How convienient. Wait for Ralph Wright to return soon then.

There is always this thing on this board. If we miss out on a target he is the best player in the league or the worst. If they sign for us, then we could have done better.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Better to be waiting for the player he wants than if we had already got Eastwood is my feelings tonight Angel. [/quote]

Thats fine Nutty as long as we don''t have to wait too long because if we go thru August missing all those clear cut chances heads will drop and confidence will go plus we''ll have no points [:)].

I''m pleased we played so well just frustrated that what was missing last season is still missing if you get my drift.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Roeder says he has been given the funds, he also says he hasn''t missed out on his targets. There seems to be a problem getting his striker in but at no point has he said it was through lack of finance. The point I am making is that the ''proven strikers'' that are regularly mentioned on here may not be better than the ones Roeder got. On todays evidence ours were better than Eastwood and Morrison and last season Cureton out scored the likes of Eastwood and Sharpe. When Roeder signs this striker he will have Lupoli, Cureton and Koroma to choose from to play beside him. I don''t believe the picture is as bleak as being painted on here.

Better to be waiting for the player he wants than if we had already got Eastwood is my feelings tonight Angel.

[/quote]

I agree again nutty, better he did that than buy another Thorne, Brown, Hartson or Howard.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

I agree with you nutty and I only listened to it - Eastwood and Morrison didn''t really sound like they were in the game at all at times.

[/quote]

I wasn''t necessarily saying that we should buy those two I was trying to make the point that there were several strikers available and listed the ones which have moves ship in the past month or so. Perhaps I didn''t phrase my post too well!

[/quote]

I wasn''t necessarily saying that we should buy those two I was trying to make the point that there were several strikers available and listed the ones which have moves ship in the past month or so. Perhaps I didn''t phrase my post too well!

[/quote]

Yes, but it''s about getting the right man or men for the job! Roeder stated ages ago that he could sign ordinary players any day of the week - personally, I think quite a lot of those available were ordinary.