Sign in to follow this  
I beat Atalanta

Morons who call phone ins

"Target man should have been a priority." Genius. Like we haven''t been trying. Strikers after all, are the easiest to find ......Obviously Delia made the decision that it should be way down the list so no doubt its her fault.

it should have been a prioritylooks like it wasnt though. im just worried that if roeder badly wants this 1 striker, whats going to happen if we can not get him?

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]"Target man should have been a priority."

Genius. Like we haven''t been trying. Strikers after all, are the easiest to find ......

Obviously Delia made the decision that it should be way down the list so no doubt its her fault.
[/quote]

to get a quality striker we need to pay the going price... other clubs are prepared to do it.... we arent.... so the fans calling in are right... why did we ponce about getting in loans who dont give 2 shiny sh**s about us with 1 eye on their own clubs fortunes, a free transfer midfielder, and an old crock centerback when the money and resources could of been invested in outbidding our rivals for the player we desperately need?

jas :)

Genius. Like we haven''t been trying. Strikers after all, are the easiest to find ......

Obviously Delia made the decision that it should be way down the list so no doubt its her fault.
[/quote]

I spoke to Neil Adams on CC a few minutes ago, i asked him were the club would find the money from to get in thie big 25 goals a season striker, and with 25,000 home fans paying a lot of money it was embarrasing that we didn''t get it sorted as a priority because we don''t seem to have the money! Does that make me a moron?

One game does not make a season.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

i asked him were the club would find the money from to get in thie big 25 goals a season striker,

[/quote]

did he answer "from Peter cullum"?

[/quote]

I spoke to Neil Adams on CC a few minutes ago, i asked him were the club would find the money from to get in thie big 25 goals a season striker, and with 25,000 home fans paying a lot of money it was embarrasing that we didn''t get it sorted as a priority because we don''t seem to have the money! Does that make me a moron?

[/quote]

Good call, Phat.

Made more sense than most of the '' give it to Varco '' brigade on Canary Call

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]"Target man should have been a priority." Genius. Like we haven''t been trying. Strikers after all, are the easiest to find ......Obviously Delia made the decision that it should be way down the list so no doubt its her fault.[/quote]

[/quote]Was it you who said Glenn should go down to argos? That was quality.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

i asked him were the club would find the money from to get in thie big 25 goals a season striker,

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did he Flip! would have laughed my arse off if he had done.

There are some right clueless idiots who phone in though, always the olduns as well, thought your supposed to get wiser as you get older?  Funny one was when that guy said we should go to Argos and get a striker, and then someone phoned up afterwards and said "to the caller that said we should go to argos to get a striker, well it isn''t as easy as that is it", I was in stitches as it was obvious that that was what the original poster was getting at lol

[quote user="dom141"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it you who said Glenn should go down to argos? That was quality.
[/quote]

No that was the old fella who was on after me, at least argos have a 28 day money back guarantee.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="dom141"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was it you who said Glenn should go down to argos? That was quality.
[/quote]

No that was the old fella who was on after me, at least argos have a 28 day money back guarantee.

[/quote]

LOL!

To be fair to the morons on the phone ins, who appear to have engaged more brain cells than you clearly have, we have been looking for a striker of stature since JANUARY.    WE HAVE NOT BEEN TRYING HARD ENOUGH TO GET A STRIKER IN.Understand now?[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]"Target man should have been a priority." Genius. Like we haven''t been trying. Strikers after all, are the easiest to find ......Obviously Delia made the decision that it should be way down the list so no doubt its her fault.[/quote]

[quote user="I beat Atalanta"]"Target man should have been a priority." Genius. Like we haven''t been trying. Strikers after all, are the easiest to find ......Obviously Delia made the decision that it should be way down the list so no doubt its her fault.[/quote]

[/quote]Aye your call was good. The guy after you with the argos thing was funny, but he''s a couple of french fries short of a happy meal.If it take 4 weeks to sign a striker, then try and sign him 4 weeks earlier so it would be done on time... My favourite caller was the one who bitched on about everyone saying the it wasn''t good enough today... Well duh, it isn''t good enough, I don''t want us to lose every week idiot. It was probably old ralphy or atlanta here (he was raving about how great delia was as well).

[quote user="JC"]To be fair to the morons on the phone ins, who appear to have engaged more brain cells than you clearly have, we have been looking for a striker of stature since JANUARY.   

WE HAVE NOT BEEN TRYING HARD ENOUGH TO GET A STRIKER IN.

Understand now?

[/quote][/quote]

Depends on who you say hasn''t been trying hard enough. I''m more than convinced that GR has been trying hard enough, it''s the fact that he can''t find one good enough with the buttons that he has been given by our fantastically committed oh so generous Board, who have dug deep into their own pockets bless them. Just like in the Walker and Worthy era''s you watch most of the fans turn on the Manager if results don''t go well instead of who they should be holding accountable, the people who are looking after our season ticket money.

we have known we needed a striker since the season before last.......so why lament one another.49 Goals and 3rd lowest league goalscorers last season tells everyone what is logical.

[/quote]Evidently yesPeople have been working round the clock since last November to get one of three initial targets in. It may well still happen next Thursday depending on a decision by the other club next Wednesday on whether they get their replacement..... its like a house chain.... a long one.Sadly I suspect Iverson is gone.It has been and will continue to be a priority to sign another striker, but targets have values that are set by Roeder & Co..... If you think we should have coughed up the £3m for Ameobi then blame them, not the board. The money is there, not a lot, but there is money, but that doesn''t mean we should waste it like Grant did.To expect great things this year is a little petulant. Give Roeder a chance

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="JC"]To be fair to the morons on the phone ins, who appear to have engaged more brain cells than you clearly have, we have been looking for a striker of stature since JANUARY.   

WE HAVE NOT BEEN TRYING HARD ENOUGH TO GET A STRIKER IN.

Understand now?

[/quote][/quote]

Depends on who you say hasn''t been trying hard enough. I''m more than convinced that GR has been trying hard enough, it''s the fact that he can''t find one good enough with the buttons that he has been given by our fantastically committed oh so generous Board, who have dug deep into their own pockets bless them. Just like in the Walker and Worthy era''s you watch most of the fans turn on the Manager if results don''t go well instead of who they should be holding accountable, the people who are looking after our season ticket money.

[/quote]

Absolutely 100% spot on BB.

IBA you do seem to live in this lovely world where nothing can possibly go wrong, but just not be ideal.

If you want something and it isn''t available you either have to have an alternative or you need to find what you want somewhere else.  If Glenn has found the perfect striker but he isn''t available yet, then he needs something else in the meantime.  Chains are notorious for breaking down, meanwhile those of us who don''t expect the earth do expect points from the poor teams in the league like Coventry and Blackpool.

Let''s face it by the time August has gone some of our easiest points have gone with it.  Throw them away and it will be a long hard season.

[/quote]

But it should have been a priority back in July, Lupoli has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons and OJ is here to learn his trade which leaves us with Jamie who wont produce without a target man.

Have we tried hard enough? Have we offered enough money? Other clubs have bought strikers so why are we finding it so difficult

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

But it should have been a priority back in July, Lupoli has scored 8 goals in the last 3 seasons and OJ is here to learn his trade which leaves us with Jamie who wont produce without a target man.

Have we tried hard enough? Have we offered enough money? Other clubs have bought strikers so why are we finding it so difficult

[/quote]

Dont expect an answer CA, Walphy doesnt answer tricky questions.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Dont expect an answer CA, Walphy doesnt answer tricky questions.

[/quote]You''re senile.I''ll answer any question you care to throw at me old timer.....

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

good questions CA... and ones that the board wouldnt answer... there is NO money. and anyone who looks at the anual accounts can tell that.... do other clubs have more money than us??? who knows.. probably not... but then they are prepared to take (what i expect to be calculated) risks... we just sit on cheap players in the hope they come good...

have we spent less than any other club so far this seasn in the championship?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote], As I said its been a priority since last November. Lupoli is class, I think you''d be in a very tiny minority cheering if we sent him back (which we can do with any of the loans by the way - another reason they make sense).Yes we have tried very hard - to bring in the right people. Remember Cottee? Would you want Morrisson (and his entourage)? Eastwood and his baggage?Have we offered enough money you ask. Would you bid more than £500k for Howard? More than £2m for Ameobi?What strikers do you think Glen has missed who have gone to other clubs? Beattie? Brilliant signing but out of our league. Lisbie? Been there - no thanks. Lyle? No...... who would you have gone for cityangel?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

... there is NO money. and anyone who looks at the anual accounts can tell that.... do other clubs have more money than us???

have we spent less than any other club so far this seasn in the championship?

[/quote], I''ve also looked at the accounts and there is money. QPR, Derby, Brum, Wolves, Reading, Scum, Sheff Utd, Forest, Palace all have more money than us to spendIncluding wage commitments we have spent more than many Champ clubs this summer....... Could be worse....... could be Derby fans

I don''t think it is for lack of trying, GR is not stupid and knew when he got here that he wanted a striker, maybe we don''t have the money to compete, which is a shame and disgusting, but thats for another post. I think strikers are too expensive at this moment, we need to pay the money thou if we are to get anywhere in this league and I believe this will happen this week.

My new top choice with the way the team plays would be Cameron Jerome, it is possible due to the sheer amount of quality strikers they have.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I think strikers are too expensive at this moment, we need to pay the money thou................

if we are to get anywhere in this league and I believe this will happen this week.

My new top choice with the way the team plays would be Cameron Jerome, it is possible due to the sheer amount of quality strikers they have.

[/quote]To answer your first point......you would really pay over the odds? Isn''t it exactly that course of action that creates the Brady''s of this world? I respectfully disagree and am extremely proud that Roeder has prevented the board from paying over the top and sticking to principles. **** the premiership and **** Sky too.Second point - pencil in ThursdayJerome isn''t the answer. His height doesn''t convert into presence.... he has pace and I''ll grant you some potential..... but he''s not what we need. I''m disappointed Martin was farmed out. I watched him with some interest last season and was very impressed. At the end of the day Paul made a recommendation and I must respect that as he knows his stuff. There is more to the Martin / Club relationship than is known I suspect

No, I don''t want us to pay well over the odds for anybody and I would certainly not want us to buy someone that could land our club in deep do do. But who decides if we have paid over the odds, the fans will, I''m certain you won''t hear GR saying that, but I think we will need to spend at least 1.5 to buy any sort of decent striker.

I still would want him, I''m not over fussed about his height or the ability to win every header, someone like Jerome would cause a lot of problem with his pace and power, which he has a lot of.

I''m pretty sure your right, there is no way and there shouldn''t be anyway that we still don''t get any strikers before Blackpool game.