Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

sounded good today, but...

goals win games.. i''d sooner we had 1 chance and a clinical striker scored it than we had 100 chances and 3 "maybe men" missed them... Lupoli has missed a gilt edged chance to get us back into it and Croft.,. well.. was just Croft...

We need to spend big money.. even if we havent got it.. 3 million pounds on a striker will keep us in this division/take us up.... its not a case of waiting till january and seeing where we are.. we have to get one in now!

The tea does need tme to gel but 2 or 3 months down the line could be too late.. we needed them to gel today! has Roeder brought in too many new players in 1 go???? I dont know.. time will tell... would it of made sense to get 4 players in now, including the striker we so badly need, then sig say 4 more in january.. allowing fewer players more playing time and the chance to settle in?

we lost today because Coventry know how to scoe goals.. we dont... We did play well which is promising,, but until we stick thhe ball in the net then "ole football" all counts for nothing

jas :)

Were you drinking while typing this?[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

goals win games.. i''d sooner we had 1 chance and a clinical striker scored it than we had 100 chances and 3 "maybe men" missed them... Lupoli has missed a gilt edged chance to get us back into it and Croft.,. well.. was just Croft...

We need to spend big money.. even if we havent got it.. 3 million pounds on a striker will keep us in this division/take us up.... its not a case of waiting till january and seeing where we are.. we have to get one in now!

The tea does need tme to gel but 2 or 3 months down the line could be too late.. we needed them to gel today! has Roeder brought in too many new players in 1 go???? I dont know.. time will tell... would it of made sense to get 4 players in now, including the striker we so badly need, then sig say 4 more in january.. allowing fewer players more playing time and the chance to settle in?

we lost today because Coventry know how to scoe goals.. we dont... We did play well which is promising,, but until we stick thhe ball in the net then "ole football" all counts for nothing

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Were you drinking while typing this?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote][/quote]

no.. my toddler distracted me

Coventry know how to score goals, we don''t?

I''m sure that there is someone in our team that can take a penalty and possibly one of the ten outfield players may be able to push in a rebound.

[quote user="bunny"]

I''m sure that there is someone in our team that can take a penalty and possibly one of the ten outfield players may be able to push in a rebound.

[/quote]

how many penalties or easy chances will we get this season? infact i remember Lupoli getting one in this game.. and heading it over the bar

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote] When did Lupoli have an easy chance to score? I was at the game today and he never had an easy chance.Lupoli impressed me alot today, he can beat a man, isnt afraid to shoot and linked up very well with Hoolahan. Once he is fit he will be banging in the goals.As soon as we replace Cureton, Croft and Shackell, I feel this team is good enough for the play-offs.

I liked the way he dropped deep and dribbled around there players, he did not have many clear chances and tried to walk it in to the box on occasions. He won''t get 25 goals, but I''m sure he will get 15 and set a vast amount up, they had to bring 2 players to him when he had the ball and the same with Hoola, get a decent striker and he will take advantage of this.

[quote user="Beechy"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When did Lupoli have an easy chance to score?

I was at the game today and he never had an easy chance.

Lupoli impressed me alot today, he can beat a man, isnt afraid to shoot and linked up very well with Hoolahan. Once he is fit he will be banging in the goals.

As soon as we replace Cureton, Croft and Shackell, I feel this team is good enough for the play-offs.
[/quote]

according to Goreham it was after we hand the hand ball appeal turned down.. he headed it over....

I wouldn''t say that it was a guilt edge chane, although I was some distance, it was one of those that sat in the air and his physical powers were not a match, the biggest chances fell to Croft and OJ, like I said, this is from what I saw. GIve him some fitness and he will become one hell of a player for us.

We dominated the midfield but yet again there was no end product where it counts in front of the goal!

Lupoli should of done better with the awful headed effort he put over when he could almost of let the ball hit his head and it would of been on target!

Koroma shot very tamely when put clean through!

Croft as per usual missed a great chance in the first half when he didn''t connect with a great cross then had other 2nd half opportunities to put in crosses with team mates in good positions but didn''t come up with the neccessaries. Looks promising but delivers the goods not often enough!

We need extra firepower up front!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Beechy"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

When did Lupoli have an easy chance to score?

I was at the game today and he never had an easy chance.

Lupoli impressed me alot today, he can beat a man, isnt afraid to shoot and linked up very well with Hoolahan. Once he is fit he will be banging in the goals.

As soon as we replace Cureton, Croft and Shackell, I feel this team is good enough for the play-offs.
[/quote]

according to Goreham it was after we hand the hand ball appeal turned down.. he headed it over....

[/quote]

Must be true then.

In fact that was far from an easy chance, the ball was just a bit too high and he couldn''t get over it. He was given offside anyway.

Koroma''s was more of a sitter, although the ball just wouldn''t sit down before he struck it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

how many penalties or easy chances will we get this season? infact i remember Lupoli getting one in this game.. and heading it over the bar

[/quote]

he was offside i think anyway, so in the end thst chance doesnt really matter

i think he looked vrey good, you could tell he wasnt 100% fit, but when he is, im sure the goals will come

Lupoli missed an open goal and Croft (?) fell over the ball after a shocking second touch.

Striker needed urgently

If Lupoli had managed to get that header under the bar he deserved a medal. He had 3/4 taller players around him (including a goalkeeper), headed the ball whilst it was right over him and that was at a stretch... Ive seen Mcveigh and ironically Leon do exactly the same thing in recent years. It was NOT an easy chance for a player his size to take.

Footnote, I thought our strikers looked pretty damn good today considering that Lupoli spent the last few months not playing I think, Koroma was playing his first competitive game in English football and Cureton is coming off the back of a generally below-par season. They just need to know when it''s ok not to pass...