Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Relegation talk ?

How can anybody start talking about relegation after one game. Yes I feel that with the team we had we should have scored,but they didn''t. You cannot start being too dismal at the moment as this team is a completely new set up and will need to settle quickly.You can start talking Relegation if we are in this position after a few more matches. I don''t think we will be. Lets all have a bit more faith?

How can you be upbeat after this eggy? If we carry this form through the season we will finish up with...

P46 W0 D0 L46 F0 A92.

That sort of form will see us hanging around the bottom three and possibly relegated.

Protest is needed now. Sack the board, sack Delia, sack Roeder, sack the kitman!!!!! [:@]

Peter Cullum for president!! [Y]

[quote user="lappinitup"]

How can you be upbeat after this eggy? If we carry this form through the season we will finish up with...

P46 W0 D0 L46 F0 A92.

That sort of form will see us hanging around the bottom three and possibly relegated.

Protest is needed now. Sack the board, sack Delia, sack Roeder, sack the kitman!!!!! [:@]

Peter Cullum for president!! [Y]

[/quote]lol lapp. That''s by far the best one so far! [Y]

I said before the season started that we would be relegated with our crap, weak and cheap, make and mend squad............I still stand by that.

[quote user="Eggy"]How can anybody start talking about relegation after one game. Yes I feel that with the team we had we should have scored,but they didn''t. You cannot start being too dismal at the moment as this team is a completely new set up and will need to settle quickly.You can start talking Relegation if we are in this position after a few more matches. I don''t think we will be. Lets all have a bit more faith?
[/quote]

Every message board of a team that lost today has someone talking about relegation, wanting the Manager out, bemoaning the lack of signings or the quality of signings while the Percy Positives battle on as best they can. 

On the Lincoln board - where we apparently had 70 per cent possession in the second half - Southern Imp has emerged yet again to predict not only the Blue Square Conference (which is going to be a bit difficult with Luton docked 30 points and losing 3-1 at home) but what appears to be The Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse riding up the road from Bracebridge Heath straight into the office of the Manager. 

I dont think we need to worry about relegation and expect us to finish mid table but we do need to get some permanent players in and stop borrowing kids who want to learn their trade. We havent got time to becaome a coaching school for the Premier and we want our own players who will die and sweat for our cause and be proud to be green and yellow.

So for me its over to the board, cough up some millions or let someone else in who will!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I said before the season started that we would be relegated with our crap, weak and cheap, make and mend squad............I still stand by that.[/quote]

You would love that, I''m sure. You wonder people give you stick and no one respects you.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I said before the season started that we would be relegated with our crap, weak and cheap, make and mend squad............I still stand by that.[/quote]3rd from bottom. that''s it, we''re doomed, doomed I tell ye. [H]

[quote user="cityangel"]

I dont think we need to worry about relegation and expect us to finish mid table but we do need to get some permanent players in and stop borrowing kids who want to learn their trade. We havent got time to becaome a coaching school for the Premier and we want our own players who will die and sweat for our cause and be proud to be green and yellow.

So for me its over to the board, cough up some millions or let someone else in who will!

[/quote]Ermm....... I don''t think that paying a fortune for players guarantees they will "die & sweat for our cause". If you are lucky it will get you very skillful players or good players who will be committed to whoever''s paying their wages (or both if you''re very lucky).Remind me again; how much was Mr. Huckerby?? .....

[quote user="Eggy"]How can anybody start talking about relegation after one game. Yes I feel that with the team we had we should have scored,but they didn''t. You cannot start being too dismal at the moment as this team is a completely new set up and will need to settle quickly.You can start talking Relegation if we are in this position after a few more matches. I don''t think we will be. Lets all have a bit more faith?[/quote]Im fed up ''having faith''. We''ve been told to ''have faith'' for the past 3 seasons, all the while suffering the same dismal results under different managers with totally different teams.It''s not the managers.It''s not the players.It''s not the fans.It''s the board, the group of numpties sat round a table with no money to invest but still desperate to hang onto this long suffering football club for their own greasy ends, who leapt over themselves to send away the 40th richest man in Britain when he made clear his interest in the club, and who WILL see us become relegation fodder for the god-knows-how-many seasons in a row.I''m distinctly fed up of ''having faith''. I want improvement and ambition, I want this club to be successful. As a fan, is that too much to ask?!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I said before the season started that we would be relegated with our crap, weak and cheap, make and mend squad............I still stand by that.[/quote]

What a load of crap! Right, I will have a £50 bet with you right now that we don''t go down! The £50 goes to the charity of the winners choice??????

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I said before the season started that we would be relegated with our crap, weak and cheap, make and mend squad............I still stand by that.[/quote]Lmao you happy chappy Wiz!Did you go to the Game?No?Ooohhhh...

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

What a load of crap! Right, I will have a £50 bet with you right now that we don''t go down! The £50 goes to the charity of the winners choice??????

[/quote]

You should know by now Wiz never bets but hes always certin we are going down. Thats how certin he is of us going down lol

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]He claims he doesn''t ''gamble''. Surely though..oh nevermind, he must be right.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Im fed up ''having faith''. We''ve been told to ''have faith'' for the past 3 seasons, all the while suffering the same dismal results under different managers with totally different teams.
It''s not the managers.
It''s not the players.
It''s not the fans.
It''s the board, the group of numpties sat round a table with no money to invest but still desperate to hang onto this long suffering football club for their own greasy ends, who leapt over themselves to send away the 40th richest man in Britain when he made clear his interest in the club, and who WILL see us become relegation fodder for the god-knows-how-many seasons in a row.

I''m distinctly fed up of ''having faith''. I want improvement and ambition, I want this club to be successful. As a fan, is that too much to ask?!
[/quote]

No its not too much to ask and I  feel the same way and bet others do too.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I said before the season started that we would be relegated with our crap, weak and cheap, make and mend squad............I still stand by that.[/quote]Until such point, probably in only a couple of weeks, when you don''t. Then it''ll be "Glen''s taking up: City for the play-offs!" Cue much respect for you having the courage to change your tune. Until another couple of weeks later, when you''ll start a thread, insert crying smiley, and assert that it''s all doom and gloom again.It''ll continue like this for the rest of the season. Then, when we finish 14th, it''ll be "but we were only 12 points above relegation - wasn''t far wrong, was I?" And to those who point out what nonsense this would be, you''d respond with "oh - happy about the way Delia''s running things, are you?"There are three certainties where you are concerned, Wizard:1. Your point of view will be based on whichever way the wind happens to be blowing that day.2. At no point will you learn to spell our manager''s Christian name correctly.3. At no point will you grasp that in the English language, an exclamation mark ends a sentence, and is not to be followed by a full stop.So posts such as "Delia''s running this club into the ground!.[:@]", or "Glen might be doing a good job - but I still don''t like him!.[:|]" will not only be all wind and piss as usual, but will make no grammatical sense either.

Whilst talk of relegation is premature and slightly silly - I fully understand the frustration. When we took a risk and signed Crouch and Huckerby we did well. We then waited too long to sign Ashton and were relegated. We then downgraded to Earny and finished lower. We then replaced him with Curo and finished even lower....and this season we have signed Lupoli on loan - hardly a statement of ambition.

We need a striker of note . We have been sold short thus far and not to  have one in place yet is just foolish. For nine months we knew we needed one. And for a long time we knew the date of the first fixture. So instead of hitting the ground running we now limp into the season with one of the weakest attacking partnerships of recent years. Lupoli may come good but he is horribly short of match practice and is not the sort of player who is a  teams main scorer.  Curo needs a lump to knock defenders about for him.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Im fed up ''having faith''. We''ve been told to ''have faith'' for the past 3 seasons, all the while suffering the same dismal results under different managers with totally different teams.
It''s not the managers.
It''s not the players.
It''s not the fans.
It''s the board, the group of numpties sat round a table with no money to invest but still desperate to hang onto this long suffering football club for their own greasy ends, who leapt over themselves to send away the 40th richest man in Britain when he made clear his interest in the club, and who WILL see us become relegation fodder for the god-knows-how-many seasons in a row.

I''m distinctly fed up of ''having faith''. I want improvement and ambition, I want this club to be successful. As a fan, is that too much to ask?!
[/quote]

No its not too much to ask and I  feel the same way and bet others do too.

[/quote]I certainly feel the same way but it sounded encouraging yesterday, if after 10 games we aren''t getting results it may be time to start letting the board know how we feel. But on the basis of reports of yesterdays performance we could have a good season IF we hurry up and get this striker we''re after.

i offered the wiz a bet last season after he said we would relegated... declined.

he has no substance whatsoever, he is a fool. 

We won''t go down. I was disappointed yesterday as well, but I still think we''ll get three points next week at home. I can''t believe that people are saying "sack Roeder" or "we''re going down" after one game. If, in a month''s time, we are where we were when Grant left (or close to it), then fine. But I''m very confident that we won''t be.