Sign in to follow this  
Frying Pan Eyes

Sports Village.

A taxi driver i know picked up Omusumi this morning to take him to Sport Village. He was speaking to him and he said Roeder was fuming after yesterday so Roeder has took them all up to the Sport Village for extra training or something.

Why would they train at the Sports village in few of others, when they can train in private at Colney? I imagine GR would not have been jumping for joy, but would be fairly happy with the performance, just the lack of thrust in the Cov half.

[quote user="Jack-a-nack-a-nory"]

A taxi driver i know picked up Omusumi this morning to take him to Sport Village. He was speaking to him and he said Roeder was fuming after yesterday so Roeder has took them all up to the Sport Village for extra training or something.

[/quote]Who is Omusumi ?

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why would they train at the Sports village in few of others, when they can train in private at Colney? I imagine GR would not have been jumping for joy, but would be fairly happy with the performance, just the lack of thrust in the Cov half.[/quote]Maybe he doesn''t think the players deserve Colney''s world-class facilities so he''s taken them to the place with moss growing on the roof.

[quote user="Jack-a-nack-a-nory"]

[/quote]Sports Village? The one next to Asda? Then that would be so that he can hunt down Ameobi after sightings were made of him there and forensics were unable to prove that a picture circulated on this forum is fake.

I don''t ever reckon that we will lose the Asda link. You can imagine in 2020 when we are talking on line, which translates to word, someone one will say that they have just seen young Huckerby was seen by the all in one meal tablets.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Why would they train at the Sports village in few of others, when they can train in private at Colney? I imagine GR would not have been jumping for joy, but would be fairly happy with the performance, just the lack of thrust in the Cov half.[/quote]

Maybe he doesn''t think the players deserve Colney''s world-class facilities so he''s taken them to the place with moss growing on the roof.

[/quote]

thats what mousehold heath is for!

give all the players a rucksack.. put 3 full 2 litre bottles of water in each rucksack and then tell them to run up the hill.... If anyone hasnt done it in 5 minutes they ALL have to go to the bottom and do it all over again.. and keep on doing it until they all make it within the time!

that would sort the men from the boys!

jas :)

You probably aren''t old enough to remember Ron Saunders regime....Had the players running up and down sand dunes at the coast until they were all sick! Funny thing is that, whilst I doubt this features in modern training manuals, he got us promoted....

i should take a training session for the day.. they''d never lose again i can tell you with the challenges id set them!

that mousehold excerise would be mild i can tell you!

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]You probably aren''t old enough to remember Ron Saunders regime....Had the players running up and down sand dunes at the coast until they were all sick! Funny thing is that, whilst I doubt this features in modern training manuals, he got us promoted....
[/quote] Tell you what Yelverton, that was a very average team that he got promoted as well, but they were so fit they ran and worked teams into submission!!

Thats what its all about Jim!

Its ok playing "pretty football" and having a team of superstars but if they are blowing out of their backsides after 75 minutes they wont reach ther potential...

Being fitter than the rest allows you to outlast them and give it that edge at the end of the game when it matters most...

All footballers are fit.. no doubt about it.. but when they start flagging towards the end if your players are fitter and have more energy that can often make the difference between victory and defeat.. stepping up a gear to pressurise.

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"]You probably aren''t old enough to remember Ron Saunders regime....Had the players running up and down sand dunes at the coast until they were all sick! Funny thing is that, whilst I doubt this features in modern training manuals, he got us promoted....
[/quote] Tell you what Yelverton, that was a very average team that he got promoted as well, but they were so fit they ran and worked teams into submission!![/quote]

Don''t know about that team, but go back to the promotion team of Holt, Flem etc, look how fit they were. They used to go right to the end.

Did anyone see the fitness coach on Saturday, sure as hell he does not get involved, his shirt was 2 sizes too small.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Yelverton Yella"]You probably aren''t old enough to remember Ron Saunders regime....Had the players running up and down sand dunes at the coast until they were all sick! Funny thing is that, whilst I doubt this features in modern training manuals, he got us promoted....
[/quote] Tell you what Yelverton, that was a very average team that he got promoted as well, but they were so fit they ran and worked teams into submission!![/quote]

Don''t know about that team, but go back to the promotion team of Holt, Flem etc, look how fit they were. They used to go right to the end.

Did anyone see the fitness coach on Saturday, sure as hell he does not get involved, his shirt was 2 sizes too small.

[/quote]

a fat fitness coach is like having a boxer whos scared of getting hit! whats the bloody point!!

Yes I remember everyone being astonished that we went up that year. I was just trying to remember who was in that team...was it the Duncan Forbes, Dave Stringer era?

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]Yes I remember everyone being astonished that we went up that year. I was just trying to remember who was in that team...was it the Duncan Forbes, Dave Stringer era?
[/quote]

Keelan, Black, Stringer, Forbes, Butler, Briggs, Livermore, Paddon, Bone, Cross, Foggo.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Its ok playing "pretty football" and having a team of superstars but if they are blowing out of their backsides after 75 minutes they wont reach ther potential...

Being fitter than the rest allows you to outlast them and give it that edge at the end of the game when it matters most...

All footballers are fit.. no doubt about it.. but when they start flagging towards the end if your players are fitter and have more energy that can often make the difference between victory and defeat.. stepping up a gear to pressurise.

[/quote]

You sound like a hard taskmaster jas. I bet the boys would be trembling if you got your hands on them for a good workout, no doubt you know plenty of tricks to get rid of that muscular stiffness and get their stamina levels up?

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

You sound like a hard taskmaster jas. I bet the boys would be trembling if you got your hands on them for a good workout, no doubt you know plenty of tricks to get rid of that muscular stiffness and get their stamina levels up?

[/quote]

im no professional fitness person.. i work out though....

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds kinky.

Thanks for that Ricardo.Actually there were better players in there than I remembered. The only two who would have been slightly suspect were Jimmy Bone (who appeared to have no skill and would run straight through players but seemed to come out the other side with the ball!) and Black who I seem to remember as being a bit ungainly.On the other hand, Paddon (before his broken leg), Kenny Foggo and David Cross were pure class and not much would have got through that iron defence of Butler, Forbes and Stringer.Brings back the memories!Bertie Mee said to Bill ShanklyHave you heard of the North Bank Highbury?''No'' said Shanks,''I don''t think so,But I''ve heard of the Norwich Barclay!''Aye aye yi yiKeelan is better than Yashin,Foggo is better than EusebioAnd Ipswich are in for a thrashing!

GR may have taken them to the ice rink and told them if they miss chances like they did yesterday they would be skating on thinner ice than this.[:D]

''I work out though''

The only working out you do is a light skip up the steps to row U on a match day! Got my eyes on you son! ;-)

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

''I work out though''

The only working out you do is a light skip up the steps to row U on a match day! Got my eyes on you son! ;-)

[/quote]

lol.. its keeping fit that allows me to make light work of those steps! i''ll B*gger up them one day.. wait and see :(

When someone trips up the steps it like the missing train syndrome, they don''t think anyone has noticed but try and act cool.