Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

Only 1.5 approx

west brom have spent 9/10 mill this summer , palace have spent 4/5 mill , we have spent approx 1.5 mill , do we want to go down , wba are not going down thats for sure look who they have bought e.g earnie , gera , purse , inamoto , scimeca , greening , kanu , kuzcaks , and so on.

If we do want to stay up we need to up we need to bring more players with more quality , not having a go at the signing we have got there been brilliant , first we need a striker , cause who have we got up there to hold the ball up doc but worthy bought to play centre half he can''t keep playing him up there, svensson he''s no good in the air , everyone said he had a good pre-season he probaly did but showing from the 2 games he started he was bad , i know they were hard games but thats what the premiership is all about.

I think the plan may be to spend very little, pay off debts, go down (with parachute payments) and make a better go of it next time. ie, the WBA model.

We even might lose most of are players cause most of them are good anoth to play in the the premier ship , eg. green (england international) helveg & jonson (only came here to play in the premier ship) , Francis (Class , loads of clubs will want to snap him up) , Doherty (doesn''t want to play in div 1) , Safri ( Shown want he can do against the best team in europe not even match fit) Charlton (premiership standard) Mckenzie ( good anoth) all are players will be good anoth forthe premier ship look a lesciter they lost 17 players.

If we go down I feel we would do better than we did last year. The quality of the First Division this year isn''t great in all honesty. Most of the players we have now would probably stay with the exception of Francis and Green. People have said that Hucks would leave if we go back down, but I think he''s too happy here to want to move on. You have to remember that West Brom were not particularly pleasant to watch last year, but they came up with us so why can''t we do it again?

Having said this, I believe we have a strong enough side to stay up this year.

i cant believe all this talk of going down suddenly, just because we''re not buying anyone on deadline day. norwich fans can be so fickle sometimes.

we havnt spent much so - if things go wrong by January we can buy some emergency purchases, if we get relegeted it adds to are total and if we get ourselves promoted again we will have money to do what WBA have

Helveg - £1million

Jonson - £1million

Safri - £1million

Bentley - £3million

Doherty - £1million

Charlton - £500,000

Ward - £500,000

Gallacher - £500,000

Total - £8,500,000

They are realistic prices which we could''ve paid for our players if they weren''t such crafty buys by Worthy using free''s, loans and bargain deals....would that have meant we''d be more likely to stay up??? I know I''d rather have worthy''s prices and players than WBA or Palaces overpriced players - and to be honest I dont think many of their players would even get into our squad right now.

I would''ve liked the excitement of signing a new striker too, but obviously we couldn''t get one that fits Worthys criteria - but if you think we have managed to score 4 goals against Man Utd, Newcastle and Arsenal already its not exactly bad. Some people are saying ''what if the strikers get injured'' but we have enough cover for Hucks, Svensson, Doherty and McKenzie...we have Bentley, who prefers to play where hucks is...we have Jonson, who plays for sweden as a striker (scored against holland the other week). Unless there was the exact person Worthy was looking for, whats the point in getting someone he knows isn''t right. He could''ve been after several people yesterday, but their clubs couldnt find replacements in time or another team hijacked the deal...we''ll never know though.

I can''y understand people who want us to spend money we palpably haven''t got on something that might happen. We could spend £10m on trying to stay up but there is no guarantee it will happen. Just look what happened down the road, is that where you want your club to be.

Certainly we do not appear to have purchased the quality necessary to survive, but that would have cost millions with no guarantee. Lets get behind who we do have and give it our best.

I do not think albions investments although costly are that impressive it remains to be seen.

Steady on, we have spent £1.5 million and have played 3 of the top teams and have 2 points. WBA have spent loads and have played no one and have 3 points. Palace have played one top team and have 1 point. You are having a laugh. Transfer fees do not always mean success.

i agree blacko

And helveg is worth more than 1 mill!!!!!

Hes captian of a international side (denmark).
Lucky enough we got him on free........
And we arnt even using him!!!!!!!

cant blame worthy thou, eddy is working his socks off!