Sign in to follow this  
greensea

SO WHO DO U WANT IT TO BE ?

Seeing the game yesterday I don''t personally think Shola is the right man to fit the bill. I''d prefer Rasiak as I think he''d suit our style of play as I reckon he has better ability with the ball at his feet than Ameobi does.

Forgot to add: I personally think it will be Iversen, because he fits the bill physically, has stated his desire to end his career in England (due to his wife being from here) and Roeder has already said that his target ''is scoring goals in his league''. Well the only one of the many names to have been mentioned that is currently in a league campaign is Iversen that we know of.....

Anyone with a PROVEN goal scoring attribute none of this Carrol crap as hes totally unproven.  Also with Ameobi hell be really unfit and will be lacking in recent match practise.Rasiak would be an immnsae signing but as long as Roeder can sign someone with a good record ill be happy.  They should be looking to spend two million at least here not a cheap knock off.

But Howard would be on massive wages and is getting on a bit. If we got him, that would really give the negatives something to moan about.

Thought of another one, we will have to spend 3 million, but we wnat to get promoted and he knows how to score. How about Marlon King.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

But Howard would be on massive wages and is getting on a bit. If we got him, that would really give the negatives something to moan about.

Thought of another one, we will have to spend 3 million, but we wnat to get promoted and he knows how to score. How about Marlon King.

[/quote]

Howard is getting on a bit.. but he is proven.. and if OJ and Lupoli hit form people wont notice if Howard isnt scoring if he is getting the assists... he''d get 10 goals for us, if Curo got 15, Lupoli got say 10-12 and OJ got 10-12 we''d be moving in the right direction.

jas :)

Not saying I wouldn''t have him here, just think there is better players, not sure where and their avalibilty. Your right, he would set up the goals. As long as we are not tempted to play hoof ball for the remainded of the season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

Howard is getting on a bit.. but he is proven.. and if OJ and Lupoli hit form people wont notice if Howard isnt scoring if he is getting the assists... he''d get 10 goals for us, if Curo got 15, Lupoli got say 10-12 and OJ got 10-12 we''d be moving in the right direction.

[/quote]

Four strikers on the pitch? That''s risking it a bit.

So, ideally, we''re looking for a new Super Matty Svensson? I seem to remember he was quite handy in the air but also added the passing games being played. He wasnt the biggest but made an effort to get up for headers and won a fair few. Just need to find someone that fits this persona, the sort of player that can handle people like Elliot Ward and stick a few headers away of a season...

[quote user="Bucketman"]

So, ideally, we''re looking for a new Super Matty Svensson? I seem to remember he was quite handy in the air but also added the passing games being played. He wasnt the biggest but made an effort to get up for headers and won a fair few. Just need to find someone that fits this persona, the sort of player that can handle people like Elliot Ward and stick a few headers away of a season...

[/quote]

Actually Svensson was not that good in the air. Sure when a cross was put into the box he could thump a decent header into the back of the net  but when the ball was kicked out from goal kicks etc he hardly ever got his head on the ball, a leaping salmon springs to mind, but still thought he was a very clever player.

Never thought about Matty, but yes, he is the sort of player we need. He is very much like Iverson.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Four strikers on the pitch? That''s risking it a bit.

[/quote]

lol i didnt mean all together.. your right its risky! it ment if they were rotated or used off the bench etc

Would do the job, last few clubs he has scored a lot and last time he was here in England with Wolves and Spurs, he did not manage many,but they were in the top flight I recal and I''m sure he would be an asset here. I was reluctant at the start when I heard we were linked with him, but the more I llok into him, then the more I think he could do a job. I think my list changes daily, at this time, in this order I would go for:

King, Iverson, Jerome, Shola, Rasiak and Howard. Probably change tomo with new targets etc.

Iversen is known for his finishing abilities and astonishing heading skills. He is a constant threat to the opponents'' defence and goalkeeper. Many consider Iversen the best header in Norway, which means beating, among others, former team-mate Vidar Riseth, Hannes Sigurdsson and Olivier Occean.

From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steffen_Iversen.

I know Wiki is not always the most realible format, but hey ho, I still believe it.

[quote user="NCFCTookie"]Emile Heskey[/quote]

That''s like saying I want a Ferrari. It would be nice, but its out of my price range!