Sign in to follow this  
Reading Canary

Strikers Are Born , Not Made Roeder !

I am amazed at Roeders ranting on Radio Norfolk at the missed chances yesterday . What does he expect ? The fact is that players like Lee Croft will not score many goals - His record is 5 goals in 117 games - He isn''t going to change . He simply has not the skills , instinct to be a striker . More sobering is that Wes Hoolahan is the same - Our Huckerby replacement has scored 21 goals in 237 games ! Lupoli has scored 8 in 53 club games ! Worrying times i think .

Roeder should know that you need to buy strikers who have a track record of scoring goals , not convert players who can''t ! We are in big , big trouble until Roeder signs at least two proven strikers and i am aghast that he has left these signings to last - He has known since May that we were without Dion , Evans , Huckerby and Chris Brown . So stop your Grant like rantings saying you''ll drop players who cannot score goals and go and sign two who have proved their worth before we end up in a similar position to last year !

I''ve said before in a previous thread, Roeder isn''t a loody magician. He''s brought in the best he can with the budget he has had, which is minimal. If he is not given money by the board, how the hell do you expect him to bring in TWO proven strikers. They are the most expensive type of player because they are the ones who sore goals and win games.

Hoolahan isn''t a striker, he''s a playmaker. I bet if you look up his stats for assists it will be far higher than his goalscoring record.

[quote user="Reading Canary"]

I am amazed at Roeders ranting on Radio Norfolk at the missed chances yesterday . What does he expect ? The fact is that players like Lee Croft will not score many goals - His record is 5 goals in 117 games - He isn''t going to change . He simply has not the skills , instinct to be a striker . More sobering is that Wes Hoolahan is the same - Our Huckerby replacement has scored 21 goals in 237 games ! Lupoli has scored 8 in 53 club games ! Worrying times i think .

Roeder should know that you need to buy strikers who have a track record of scoring goals , not convert players who can''t ! We are in big , big trouble until Roeder signs at least two proven strikers and i am aghast that he has left these signings to last - He has known since May that we were without Dion , Evans , Huckerby and Chris Brown . So stop your Grant like rantings saying you''ll drop players who cannot score goals and go and sign two who have proved their worth before we end up in a similar position to last year !

[/quote]

You don''t think that''s what he''s trying to do,and has been for some time?It''s just not that simple,so get off his back.As for his post match comments,what do you expect him to say?  " We lost because we missed chances,but I don''t blame the players because they''re naturally crap finishers"? Please!!!

[quote user="Reading Canary"]

[/quote]

Good leaders are born too....and Roeder has all the charisma of a cow pat.

Excuses excuses is what you''ll repeatedly hear from our melancholy "manager"....so best we get used to it early on.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]Good leaders are born too....and Roeder has all the charisma of a cow pat.

Excuses excuses is what you''ll repeatedly hear from our melancholy "manager"....so best we get used to it early on.

[/quote]I don''t know what ''charisma'' has to do with it cluck, Alf Ramsey was hardly ''charismatic'' but he managed to win the world cup.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]Good leaders are born too....and Roeder has all the charisma of a cow pat.

[/quote]I don''t know what ''charisma'' has to do with it cluck, Alf Ramsey was hardly ''charismatic'' but he managed to win the world cup.[/quote]Indeed and look at Bobby Robson. I know he managed the scum but he is probably one of the best managers England has had since 66 and won nothing, even with one of the best squads since 66.Its all about how you look at it. Jose "the special one" Mourinhio also was full of it (including the four letter take on the meaning of it) and yet Grant took that team closer to winning the Champions league than he did.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Reading Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Quite so Cluck.

Remind me how many times you''ve met Glenn Roeder...what is he like from your extended experience of him ?

and tell me again if charisma is an essential quality of a good leader (not saying he isn''t charismatic btw)

Oh, was it just chance we avoided relegation after his appointment -when previously we had been dead certs to go down ?

No go on tell me Cluck, because I think from not having met you that you are full of it.

Maybe I''ve got you wrong ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

What about self-opinionated, '' I never go anymore but I still enjoy a unique and unquestionable insight into all elements of the football club, which I always view with total negativity'' a*sewipes? Born or made?

As I asked once before is your avatar a Canary or just a pathetic tit?  

But the point is that you can''t just rely on the strikers. You do need midfielders to chip in with goals to be successful and when presented with a brilliant opportunity, Croft has to do better and score. He is supposed to be an attacking player yet he can''t score when he gets the chances. I am looking forward to seeing Bell in action

we cant expect players like hoolahan to score 20 goals a season ? :S

someone like lupoli will take chances when given, thats why hes got players in that can make chances.

i understand lupoli missed an easy chance at the weekend ? but i think we can start critising when he misses chances when he is back to full fitness.

I made the suggestion in February that Sam Vokes (then of Bournemouth) could have been the long term answer to the striker problem.   Too late now as he scored for Wolves on Saturday - he would not have cost more than £400K maximum given Bournemouth''s financial problems at the time.  Still, what do I know?

He could have the personality of a David Brent or Jonny Vegas, all I care is that he gets the results and moves this club forwar. plain and simple. And as I doubt you have spoken to him properly and just listened to snippets from the media, I find it hard to believe you knwo the real GR. I don''t...

[/quote]

[/quote]

What has charisma got to do with leadership? People with "charisma" (egotistical bullsh****rs without substance) are the last people I''d want to follow! Easy to see how your opinions are formed!

To be honest, Reading Canary OBVIOUSLY hasn''t bloody read the reports Glenn has released over the past few weeks stating just how difficult the transfers of players are in the modern game, they used to take a few days now they take a few weeks at least.

Glenn has openly said he really needs a striker and is doing all he can to find the right one. He is not stupid and will not say that and then bring in nobody because he''s been in the game long enough to know he will get slated for it if he fails to bring someone in now.

Have some faith please and take Glenn''s word for it - a striker WILL be coming in.

No mate ,you haven''t got it wrong .In fact ,you''re more spot on the target than our gallant lady archers yesterday [;)]