Sign in to follow this  
Match Day Pie

WELL PLAYED CITY

Heard most of them. But the Cov fans to my left were vocal for most of the game

Novel to be sitting away from your own fans but fun nonetheless. You get a different perspective.

The "your grounds too big for you" has to be the saddest, most unoriginal song ever.

Yeah but everyone sings it. Even when it isnt true.

Away fans sing it against us. (And sometimes it is true!!!)

Just of one those tedious chants, that has lost any humour/originality

The good points!

Superb clever passing, and running off the ball.

Always trying to go forward, no desperate defending, players comfortable on the ball.

Exciting, entertaining football.

Ipswich lost !

Bad points !

Our players cant hit a barn door from two yards.

The referee.

Coventry players dropping like flies with cramp.

The luke warm steak & kidney pie.

Driving home through all that frickin rain.

OTBC

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I swear I saw a woman in the refs warm up and still thought it was her during the game, at least I didn''t wolf whistle.

With regards to the Stevo incident, I did think he was lucky to stay on, lets say he used all his experiance to stay on, he made it look less dodgy, there player would have been clean on goal if he had not done that. We didn''t get a pen for Hoolahoop, which from where I was sitting was quite blatant.

[/quote]

C in B, Radio Norfolk said that we had a female lineswoman and gave reference to the Luton incident a while back, so take it it was her, also they mentioned that the 4th official was a female also.

Last time we started the season with a superb passing/how did we lose ? game was v Leeds two years ago. Leeds got relegated that season . Everybody was praising our performance and the Martin Hunter influence (remember him). We had a terrible season and Worhty got sacked a third of the way through. Deja-vu n''est-ce pas ?

[quote user="5-4-1"]Last time we started the season with a superb passing/how did we lose ? game was v Leeds two years ago. Leeds got relegated that season . Everybody was praising our performance and the Martin Hunter influence (remember him). We had a terrible season and Worhty got sacked a third of the way through. Deja-vu n''est-ce pas ?[/quote]

Worthy didn''t have a squad to fall back on.

Anyway, two days on, I''m still impressed with what we saw. I really feel that if we can get behind the boys and - with a big man arriving - give them confidence to keepo playing the way they did on Saturday, we''ll do very well this season.

I''m not getting carried away - just excited that Roeder and the boys seem to know what they''re doing. And I haven''t had that feeling at the start of a season for a long, long time....

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I swear I saw a woman in the refs warm up and still thought it was her during the game, at least I didn''t wolf whistle.

[/quote]

The fourth official was a woman,the one that Mike Newell got in trouble over.

[quote user="5-4-1"]Last time we started the season with a superb passing/how did we lose ? game was v Leeds two years ago. Leeds got relegated that season . Everybody was praising our performance and the Martin Hunter influence (remember him). We had a terrible season and Worhty got sacked a third of the way through. Deja-vu n''est-ce pas ?[/quote]

Do you plan your day by reading what it says in your tea leaves? [:)] 

It''s just possible that the events of two years ago might have no bearing on how this season pans out.  

Nice to hear some positive comments on the weekend.  The stats I''d

seen suggested we''d played okay but simply not been able to score, the

penalty was dodgy and Leon scoring his 100th league goal against us was

inevitable really.

Always nice to get off the mark with a win, but when do we ever? 

The last time we won the first game of the season, we missed out on the

play-offs... how''s that for a precedent...

Strange how there is not a "Delia out" banner amongst the replies to this thread. It''s not part of their plan is it!! I mean playing good football totally disrupts their agenda

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Playing well does not a league position make.
How we performed means nothing unless we have points to show for it.

I would prefer we played dire football and came away with all 3 points, at least then we could hope for some improvement.
Instead we play well and still achieve nothing. Speaks volumes.

We need money to spend, and the only way we''ll get it is to force Delia out so we can get some new outside investment.
[/quote]

No, we just need a new striker who will get goals.  Roeder has said we are getting one and I am inclined to believe him.  Therefore we leave things exactly as they are, and you find another club to support you overly negative pillock.

I''m really pleased to see what I am reading here, and was confident Roeder could deliver, it''s just that goalscorer we need now. If Roeder can get him in then I think we will do well. Great positives coming out from the match on Saturday, hopefully we can build on that against MkDons, and then I can witness it on Saturday against Blackpool.