Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

IT'S DEFINITELY STEFFEN!

...that Roeder''s after. Rosenborg are in negotiations with 3 strikers & if any of them come off then he''ll be here. Glenn will wait until 31st August if necessary.There is a caveat to all this, of course. This is information given to my mole by someone as close to Iversen as you can get, but it''s quite possible that Glenn is being economical with the truth (he may be looking at several options - Rasiak etc.), or Rosenborg may not be pursuing other options as strongly as they say.I see that the Kenny Cooper thread has been resurrected on Rosenborg''s site, but I couldn''t decipher the implications of the latest post.Personally speaking, I''ve got (nearly) everything crossed!

[quote user="ron obvious"]
...that Roeder''s after. Rosenborg are in negotiations with 3 strikers & if any of them come off then he''ll be here. Glenn will wait until 31st August if necessary.
There is a caveat to all this, of course. This is information given to my mole by someone as close to Iversen as you can get, but it''s quite possible that Glenn is being economical with the truth (he may be looking at several options - Rasiak etc.), or Rosenborg may not be pursuing other options as strongly as they say.
I see that the Kenny Cooper thread has been resurrected on Rosenborg''s site, but I couldn''t decipher the implications of the latest post.
Personally speaking, I''ve got (nearly) everything crossed!
[/quote]

Quite a feat in itself Ron. Well beyond anything Norwich may accomplish this season.

Twisted nads are painful. I think most people who have read between the lines, think it is Iverson. Cheers for the info Ron.

Bottom line is Iversen is not the guy to get us into the playoffs.

He is not a 20 goal a season player and for me I have much more faith in Roeder so don''t expect him to waste time and money on Iversen!

Resiak on the other hand would be welcome....

Rosenborgs brought in Berisha on loan from Burnley last week and are apparently trying to sign Rada Prica from Sunderland, so everything does seem to point to them losing a striker,the big question is whether it is Iversen to us!

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]Bottom line is Iversen is not the guy to get us into the playoffs. He is not a 20 goal a season player and for me I have much more faith in Roeder so don''t expect him to waste time and money on Iversen! Resiak on the other hand would be welcome....[/quote]

what he said.

RASIAK PLEASE

I would bet that Iverson would score more than Rasiak. Its not just a big tall man we need,who can score goals, but someone who the others can link of.

Iverson has scored a fair few goals in the last 3-4 years. Not saying Rasiak would be a bad buy as I would have him here, I would question his attitude and Iverson was here before but has a point to prove as he did not set the Prem alight with Wolves and Spurs.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]Bottom line is Iversen is not the guy to get us into the playoffs.

He is not a 20 goal a season player and for me I have much more faith in Roeder so don''t expect him to waste time and money on Iversen!

Resiak on the other hand would be welcome....[/quote]Well, one thing I am sure about is that Roeder has "wasted" a lot of time on Steffen, if not as yet any dosh.The more I think about the way the team played yesterday, the more I think he could be the answer - the catalyst to enable other players to score, even when not scoring himself. The complete antithesis to Earnie, if you like. At Champ level I''m certain he''d be a real handful, able to cause a whole lot of panic & consternation in the opposition penalty area.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Rosenborgs brought in Berisha on loan from Burnley last week and are apparently trying to sign Rada Prica from Sunderland, so everything does seem to point to them losing a striker,the big question is whether it is Iversen to us![/quote]Have you got a link for the Rada Prica story? Cheers.Getting very excited ...

Iversen played and scored for Rosenborg today so it doesn''t like like a move is imminent if he is the one.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]Bottom line is Iversen is not the guy to get us into the playoffs. He is not a 20 goal a season player and for me I have much more faith in Roeder so don''t expect him to waste time and money on Iversen! Resiak on the other hand would be welcome....[/quote]

Well, i would''nt be so sure about that, apparently Iversen has  recently been in the form of his life and his goal scoring record at Rosenborg is pretty damn impressive.

At this stage of the season I wouldn''t be disappointed with Iversen, but I still don''t think he''s the answer after seeing yesterday...

But I also appreciate ''the answer'' to our goal scoring would cost £5m+ so appreciate we need something half way

Does anyone know what numbers have been quoted for Iversen? I would have thought any more than £500k would not be great value for someone of his age?

I remember the name, but can''t remember what he was like as a player (I tend to ignore the premiership unless we''re in it).  Some people seem excited about the prospect of him coming and others less so.  Some say he''s a target man, others say he''s not. Can someone sum up what sort of player he is and whether I should I get excited about the possibility of him signing?

Here is one for the circumstantial evidence lovers, his missus is English and he has stated his desire to finish his girlfriend in England.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Iversen played and scored for Rosenborg today so it doesn''t like like a move is imminent if he is the one.[/quote]

Rosenborg haven''t got any other strikers have they? and i think they are struggling in the league so they would play him would''nt they?

Now, if there was a need to read what you have typed was my last post. I said he wanted to finish his girldfriend, well thats not quite what I meant, it should have said his playing days. Lol.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Here is one for the circumstantial evidence lovers, his missus is English and he has stated his desire to finish his girlfriend in England.[/quote]PARDON?????!!!I think Anna might have something to say about that!!!!!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Here is one for the circumstantial evidence lovers, his missus is English and he has stated his desire to finish his girlfriend in England.[/quote]

Finish his girlfriend in England?????

[quote user="sig"]I remember the name, but can''t remember what he was like as a player (I tend to ignore the premiership unless we''re in it).  Some people seem excited about the prospect of him coming and others less so.  Some say he''s a target man, others say he''s not. Can someone sum up what sort of player he is and whether I should I get excited about the possibility of him signing?[/quote]He''s not really a target man although he is quite tall (IIRC he''s 6''2?). If I could think of a similar comparision he''s like Ashton, very good in the air but also good on the floor, decent distribution (probably the best comparison is with Allback). He''s quite popular in Norway and I think he''s scored quite a few goals up there. He used to play for spurs quite a while ago (he''s 31) but of what I''ve heard and seen he''s quite a good player and definitely good enough for this level with a past that proves he can give the goods time and again.

Can''t do links Ron Obvious (i''m old) but found the story on newsnow,went to the Sunderland page and read the story of Prica moving back to Scandinavia with Rosenborgs mentioned.I dont know the credability of these stories (they could be the same as whats in our red tops),but probably like you I keep making 1 + 1 make 2.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

what he said.

RASIAK PLEASE

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly.....

Rosenborg and Aalborg.

The striker only signed for Roy Keane in the last window and it remains to be seen whether Keane would be prepared to let him go.

Brann''s Roald Bruun-Hanssen told Setanta sports.com "Prica is of course also a player we are interested in."

"But as are Rosenborg and Aalborg too."

"The market is very difficult and we have tried for a while to get hold of a striker. As it looks now, we will be happy if we get hold of one striker"

Vital Sunderland Says

Prica may well move on as he has found chances to impress very few and far between.

It would be a shame to see Prica leave, as I don`t think we have seen much of the Swedish International.

Not exactly the big signing we were all hoping for a near 32 year old journeyman , i bet he comes at a nice cut rate price though , would much rather have Rasiak or even Ameobi .

If your going to be picky, then Iverson has had far less clubs than Iverson who has plied his trade at higher level than Rasiak for a longer time. I''m not talking about goalscoring exploits, its a close one between them.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Not exactly the big signing we were all hoping for a near 32 year old journeyman , i bet he comes at a nice cut rate price though , would much rather have Rasiak or even Ameobi .[/quote]Hardly a journeyman, he''s had 6 teams (2 of which are the same and his present club being his first club) over 13 seasons. Most scandanvian players have many more teams, they move far more frequently than English players do, and often if they are good enough like Iversen they move to foreign leagues for a period of their career.I would much have have Iversen, a proven internation and european player than Aemobi who has done very little with his career (and is very over priced) and would rather him to Rasiak who''s only had two good seasons (one with derby and one with soton).

I live in Trondheim (the city Rosenborg plays in) Im prity sure that Iversen is on his way to Norwich as well. He dosnt play good for Rosenborg now,and is not motivated at all. He want to move to England.

Rosenborg need an other striker before they sell Iversen. But Im not sure at all that they will sign a new striker.

If I want Iversen to sign for Norwich???? Not sure at all, think he wil be expensive and if he dont play bether then he does right now, then he have noting to offer Norwich. On the other hand if he plays like he does when he is on his best then we will have a great striker. I youst dont know.

According to PhysioRoom Ameobi is out until September 16th. Therefore, add that to Roeders comments "continues to score goals in his league" and I would say Iversen is favourite. I still think there is room for both Rasiak and Iversen. If our big man gets injured we are back to square one again