Sign in to follow this  
johnson

wes hoolahan darren huckerby

wes hoolahan great skill and vision but doesnt seem to me to be a game winner and worried that he wont score enough goals from midfeild. darren huckerby good pace can change a game and can score goals 48 in his time here. my point is dont expect to much from him except for being a tidy neat player. where darren huckerby could change games and score  goals.

I think the comparison is invalid. They are completely different types of player. Hoolihan will be a match winner through vision and passing, not necessarily through scoring the goals.

Hoolahan has played one competitive game for us.Get the Huckerby tinted glasses off and get a grip for Christ''s sake!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Hoolahan has played one competitive game for us.Get the Huckerby tinted glasses off and get a grip for Christ''s sake![/quote]

I will never get the Huckerby tinted glasses off. He was one of the most exciting players I have ever seen in our shirt!

But yes, we do have to move on and NOT see Hoolahan as his replacement, but as a completely different type of player (hence my point about having both). The worst thing for Hoolahan is if the fans expect him to do the same things as Hux did.

I doubt Hoola will get the same amount of goals as Hucks, but I imagine him to be more creative and set more goals up. He is a very exciting signing.

Slight contradiction Badger...

"I will never get the Huckerby tinted glasses off"

followed by...

"but yes, we do have to move on"

Huckerby is gone and will not be coming back, get them glasses off for crying out loud :), we all acknowledge his work for us but it really is time to find a new hero :)

Totally correct accessment of both players!

Baffling decision to get rid of one of our best ever players after finishing in our worst league position for 40 years only avoiding the drop to the 3rd tier by 3 pts gained against a disinterested QPR team!

And yes I''ve moved on like many times before while supporting Norwich but it will never make it right!

Roeders clearly got his favourites, for instance Russell is one of our best players but Roeder will drop him at every opportunity and only brings him on when he clearly has to. I noticed Russells body langauge when Koroma came on at the Ricoh on Saturday, that said everything about the situation!

hoolahan is absoulute class, i thought he played awsome first half on saturday completley controlled the play, huckerby had flashes of brilliance but never controlled a game liked hoolahan can. wes will become a legend here just like huckerby, and to say he will be nothing but a neat and tidy player is complete bs.

Hoolahan made ONE error in 90 minutes on saturday.And when a corner broke down and a counter attack occurred with about 15 mins left in the second half, who sprinted all the way back from where he was waiting for a possible overhit cross (a great tactic he used throughout the game without once being marked there) - it was the boy hollywoodahan. He is class. The boy is top drawer. And he goes up for headers, doesn''t win a lot but at least he tries rather than huckerby miserable standing and hoping the other bloke misses it.I was massively sorry to see him go. Extremely sad when he made his farewell lap. Should have been handled in a better way by the club.But.Hoolahan will contribute to more goals and create more chances than huckerby did last season (even after pro-rata-ing it to take into acocunt the hip replacements hucks had) which  will simply show that that difficult sad decision had to be made (with wages considered).Anyone with norwich city-tinted glasses on as opposed to huckerby ones on will see with crystal clarity that this ballsy decision by GR was 100% right. What a signing.

Hoolahan isnt here to be another Darren Huckerby.  if we wanted another hucks then Roeder would have kept him.  Hoolahan is here to be part of a team and win as part of a team. if he scores goals then fantastic, if he sets up goals then fantastic.  But Hoolahan is not and never wil be Hucks and if anything Hoolahan will make his own history and be a hero all by himself.  If not then he will move on and we will get someone else. simple

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Slight contradiction Badger... "I will never get the Huckerby tinted glasses off" followed by... "but yes, we do have to move on" Huckerby is gone and will not be coming back, get them glasses off for crying out loud :), we all acknowledge his work for us but it really is time to find a new hero :)[/quote]

I don''t think it''s a contradiction - I never will get the Huckerby tint off my glasses - even after he has retired - same as Eadie, Crook etc. One of the most exciting ever. But the manager doesn''t want him (and I''m sure he gave it a lot of thought) and can''t see him backing down so we have to move on.

[quote user="Badger"]I would have liked them both.[/quote]yeah, hucks did ok on the right wing (although always best on the right) end of last term...had the ability to beat the last man,comeinto the area, pause, look up - see curo making a near post run, and then pass pin-point to him, easy peasy lemon sqeezy - just like watching litbarski and sweinstiger in euro2008...these players have ''footballing brains'' and know how to craft goals,for some its a natural - for other, they need to learn how to do it...for me - crofty ain''t a natural, and he''s a slow learner!!!