Sign in to follow this  
Chocolatebuttons

Not happy with mckenzie!

It was his 100th league goal! He can celebrate if he wants. I''m sure if it weren''t his 100th league goal he wouldn''t of produced such a celebration. Leave it.

I would have probably booed him anyway when he came to Carrow Road, have never really rated him and the way he left was not good, practically walking out on the club. 

I''m not bothered about players celebrating. This trend of players not celebrating can be a bit silly. Players are always happy to score and I always feel they are faking it when they don''t celebrate. Anyway, what about the fans of the player''s current club who like to see their team celebrate with them?

Couldn''t care less if MKcKenzie celebrated. He did quite well for us but he''s not a legend.

Scoring and then celebrating I have no real problem, it was at the other end and was not goading us. What I do think is annoying and it has been posted on here is that we gave a warm reception when his name was called out and a really big reception including a rendition of He scored against.............................. etc, not once of out maybe 3 attempts of us singing did he respond. He did not even wave, thumb up etc, nowt. He come across as arrogant. For that, all that work he done for us including that infamous goal against Scum, will be erased from my memory.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Scoring and then celebrating I have no real problem, it was at the other end and was not goading us. What I do think is annoying and it has been posted on here is that we gave a warm reception when his name was called out and a really big reception including a rendition of He scored against.............................. etc, not once of out maybe 3 attempts of us singing did he respond. He did not even wave, thumb up etc, nowt. He come across as arrogant. For that, all that work he done for us including that infamous goal against Scum, will be erased from my memory.[/quote]

shame to hear that.... although the stupid fans who forced him out of this club with made up rumours deserved nothing

jas :)

I agree some of the rumours were pants, but he would not have left because of that. Not sure in the end if some of the rumours about him and Francis were true or not and too be honest not bothered, just annoyed me about yesterday, a wave would have done nicely.

I don''t understand why everyone who went to the Cov game said he didnt respond to our singing. He quite clearly gave a clap as he went up and down the line, it was quite timid but perhaps he was nervous about how we''d react.

Whatever, he''s a Coventry player now, what does it matter.

The general concensus about this weekend is this - the people that went to the game, like me, all agree that Norwich City looked like a completely different team to last season, and were genuinely unlucky to lose the game. Thats football, the best team dont always win, we made Coventry look shit.

IMO, Glenn Roeder is the best thing that couldve happened to us for the last few seasons, and I have a VERY good feeling about this season based on what I saw at the Ricoh.

I wasn''t at the game yesterday, but im really disapointed to hear how Leon behaved. I never thought he was an amazing player but I loved how determind he always looked and how much running he did for us. I think some peoples comments on here are a little unfair about him, we don''t know exactly what the situation was when he left so it''s all just speculation. I think Jaz is right that the stupid romours didn''t help the situation. At least we got a resonable fee for him and he didn''t leave on a free.

OTBC

I didn''t see that, not saying it didn''t happen but just saw him running up and down and stretching in front of block 6-7. Still he could have just given a visable clap. Its water under the bridge now, not going to abuse him like I said earlier, but won''t be doing anything constructive towards him.

Spot on,

Mackenzie didnt diss us at all. He celebrated his goal with Cov fans, didnt taunt us and at the end of the game, clearly applauded the Norwich fans.

But seeing as 1,900 Norwich fans were busy leaving for the coaches, I don''t think many were watching Leon acknowledge us

[quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

If he wanted a good reception from us, and he did, why did he not show respect and not celebrate when he scored?

im booing him when he comes to carrow road.

[/quote]Why boo leon?  you just 2 faced.  would you boo Hucks if he came here and scored against city???? no i dont think so.   Leon is still a good player and will always be remebered for his 2 goal debut against the scum.  theres no reason to treat him like an ex scummer.

[quote user="up_barc_canary"][quote user="Chocolatebuttons"]

If he wanted a good reception from us, and he did, why did he not show respect and not celebrate when he scored?

im booing him when he comes to carrow road.

[/quote]Why boo leon?  you just 2 faced.  would you boo Hucks if he came here and scored against city???? no i dont think so.   Leon is still a good player and will always be remebered for his 2 goal debut against the scum.  theres no reason to treat him like an ex scummer. [/quote]Not that I would boo him, but he did basically just refuse to play for us and partied like it''s 1999 when he scored on Saturday.  To be honest he did score against Ipswich, twice, which of course we love him for, but that aside he was and is a very average player who runs around like a headless chicken most of the time.