Sign in to follow this  
er indoors

Who thinks we'd have won Saturday with a decent striker?

Not me either! Let''s face it how many teams won away at the weekend scoring 3 goals or more in the process?

Yes, I agree, we need a big man up front and quick but at best he''ll only be a one goal in two games merchant, especially away from home. Other players have got to start making contributions to the goals for column and we''ve got to stop giving away soft goals which put pressure on the rest of the team. "Marshy''s had nothing to do" and "Stef''s had a cigar on at the back" is all I''ve heard since Saturday.

Let''s hurry up and get this ''big man'' in so we can stop making excuses and start facing up to realities.

OTBC

I certainly feel we would have won easily with a decent striker on saturday. very creative loads of good play just kept trying to walk the ball into the net.

how did lupoli head over from about 2 yards out ?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

We are still waiting desperately for a replacement for Iwan, and how many years ago did he leave???

[/quote]we had a replacement or even an improvement in Ashton but never rely replaced him sinse then

I don''t think Ashton was a replacement for Iwan.  Yes Ashton was more skillful but they were different types of players.  I''d give my right arm for Iwan in his prime now, think he would slot very nicely into our team now.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I don''t think Ashton was a replacement for Iwan.  Yes Ashton was more skillful but they were different types of players.  I''d give my right arm for Iwan in his prime now, think he would slot very nicely into our team now.[/quote]Agree entirely with that! [Y]

I do. I think it would have changed the whole dynamic of the game. He would have scored at least one, somebody would have scored another & Coventry wouldn''t have scored their second goal.In reality   .........  who knows?  But I think the result would have been a draw at the worst.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I certainly feel we would have won easily with a decent striker on saturday. very creative loads of good play just kept trying to walk the ball into the net.

[/quote]

Be fair to the lad Lupoli - I saw Iwan miss several headers from even closer than that, and that was one of his strong points.  These things happen, all strikers miss chances, the point is to try to minimise those misses.

I''m not sure we would have won on Saturday with a different striker - Coventry is just one of those places for us, has never been a happy hunting ground so things would have been bound to transpire against us to make us lose the game anyway.  Indeed, losing to a dodgy pen and a lucky rebound off the top of the bar after dominating does just about back that up! 

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[/quote]No idea but he was offside wasn''t he?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I don''t think Ashton was a replacement for Iwan.  Yes Ashton was more skillful but they were different types of players.  I''d give my right arm for Iwan in his prime now, think he would slot very nicely into our team now.[/quote]

Im afraid footy is changing. Players like Iwan/Crook are few and far between nowadays.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]

[/quote]
No idea but he was offside wasn''t he?
[/quote]

The game restarted with a free kick and not a goal kick so the goal wouldn''t have stood if he had scored. To be fair the chance wasn''t as easy as is being made out on here anyway.