Sign in to follow this  
john ames

summer transfers

Roeder says that he has been really frustrated by how slowly things happened in the transfer market over the summer, but when he says that is why we didn''t have as many pre-season games doesn''t that suggest he and the club knew we wouldn''t have those players in, considering the the pre season fixtures are organised well in advance. I am happy with what Roeder is doing, but like many of us I get fed up with the spin. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it does make me think.

[quote user="john ames"]

Roeder says that he has been really frustrated by how slowly things happened in the transfer market over the summer, but when he says that is why we didn''t have as many pre-season games doesn''t that suggest he and the club knew we wouldn''t have those players in, considering the the pre season fixtures are organised well in advance. I am happy with what Roeder is doing, but like many of us I get fed up with the spin. Maybe I am reading too much into this but it does make me think.

[/quote]

I make no secret that I am not one of the anti-board/club/manager brigade but did find his comment a bit strange to say the least.

He could be referring to behind closed doors friendly, or the fact that we didn''t send full strength teams to Dereham or Kings Lynn. Perhaps if we had signed players on time, then a full XI would have taken the pitch in those pre-season games.

I think he was saying that the reason we didn''t have to many friendlys was because he knew we wouldn''t have our full squad and he didn''t want to over work the few he did have.

As has been seen with many of the signings at this club (and elsewhere) there''s no definitive timescale on how quickly a player can come in. Perhaps Roeder and the club decided on a reduced preseason programme just in case of a ''worst case scenario'', which with hindsight was probably sensible.

[quote user="BunnyB"]I think he was saying that the reason we didn''t have to many friendlys was because he knew we wouldn''t have our full squad and he didn''t want to over work the few he did have.
[/quote]

BunnyB

The ball doesn''t cross the line on your Huckerby gif.....unless you''ve got a Russian linesman