Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Steffen Iversen

From Wiki...

Iversen is known for his finishing abilities and astonishing heading skills. He is a constant threat to the opponents'' defence and goalkeeper. Many consider Iversen the best header in Norway.

He''s got 32 in 45 at Rosenborg which is excellent, and is good in the air, on paper Iversen looks like the kind of player we need up front, not just a lump like Howard.

Good stats but he wasnt a success at Wolves so who knows. Roeder thinks he''ll fit in so thats good enough for me.

Lets hope we get him cause Shola''s fading fast.

He didn''t want to be at Wolves. Plus they were a struggling side.Rosenborg''s website seemed to have finally cottoned on to Roeder''s interest .....

thing is Brown never banged them in at Sunderland or Donny either! at least Iverson has scored wehevr he has been

jas :)

He wasn''t a success at wolves simply because they weren''t a success in the prem. He''s been absolute dynamite everywhere else, and i recks we could have a real monster of a goalscorer for a year n a half or so if he joins

You''re not suggesting you want Chris Brown back, are you! Plz no! we need someone for the ugly goals, the 50-50 headers and the cheeky tap ins. Iverson is perfect for that, and maybe in the Championship Ameobi is too. Rasiak is my fave out of the bunch though, as i think he''d add that little bit more creativity too. My m8 liked him at Bolton last year, and even if that is only 1 person''s opinion, it''s still more of a vote of confidence than some of our players in the past (Thorne...) have got. I''d be happy with him if we were in the lower prem, as he has premiership qualities to his game.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You''re not suggesting you want Chris Brown back, are you! Plz no! we need someone for the ugly goals, the 50-50 headers and the cheeky tap ins. Iverson is perfect for that, and maybe in the Championship Ameobi is too. Rasiak is my fave out of the bunch though, as i think he''d add that little bit more creativity too. My m8 liked him at Bolton last year, and even if that is only 1 person''s opinion, it''s still more of a vote of confidence than some of our players in the past (Thorne...) have got. I''d be happy with him if we were in the lower prem, as he has premiership qualities to his game.
[/quote]

Try reading what has been posted!

lol, sorry, but the name gives me the shivers, both for the dodgy r n b star and the footballer! But i think Brown got a fair chance, 1 goal in 42 games is not acceptable! We need someone who can score as well as play well with link up play like Brown did. I reckon roeder''s got some money saved up for someone, a good £1.5-2m or so

At Wolves he was in a terrible team, so id like to think he would be good in division one. But if he started for his team this weekend why would they sell him? Even despite the ''promise'' to Roeder/The player.

Iversen has a far better scoring record than Eastwood and many people on here wanted him! Eastwood didn''t look very good on saturday, and i would much rather have Iversen here! He''s in the form of his life and scoring for fun at the moment!

They don''t want to sell him, but I think things could get pretty mutinous if they don''t. He''s desperate to be back with his wife & child. They''ve told him they''re pursuing 3 strikers & if one comes off he can leave. Don''t know if Berisha counts, though.Somebody said a Sunderlaand striker is one option.

Eastwood used to score for fun in league 1 which is about the standard Iverson is playing in .

[quote user="ron obvious"]
They don''t want to sell him, but I think things could get pretty mutinous if they don''t. He''s desperate to be back with his wife & child.
They''ve told him they''re pursuing 3 strikers & if one comes off he can leave. Don''t know if Berisha counts, though.Somebody said a Sunderlaand striker is one option.
[/quote]

Ron - can you remind me of your link to Steffen and how much of this you have you picked up first-hand? I think you posted it on another thread but couldn''t find it.

I''m not making a point or having a sly dig....I''d just be interested cos of all the stuff on Ameobi and the fact that there are loads who claim to have sources or an inside track etc

The Rada Prica link from Sunderland seems to have gone quiet,the last bit of news on him was that he was expected to talk to Copenhagen with Rosenborgs said to be among other clubs interested.

[quote user="Bingo"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]They don''t want to sell him, but I think things could get pretty mutinous if they don''t. He''s desperate to be back with his wife & child. They''ve told him they''re pursuing 3 strikers & if one comes off he can leave. Don''t know if Berisha counts, though.Somebody said a Sunderlaand striker is one option.[/quote]

Ron - can you remind me of your link to Steffen and how much of this you have you picked up first-hand? I think you posted it on another thread but couldn''t find it.

I''m not making a point or having a sly dig....I''d just be interested cos of all the stuff on Ameobi and the fact that there are loads who claim to have sources or an inside track etc

[/quote]No worries; I am, by a strange quirk of fate, now related to Steffen; I''ve only actually met him once - although Anna & little Joey several times! - & I therfore have a ''mole'' (although not that football-orientated (few moles are)) who I interrogate as often as possible.As I say, I only know evrybody wants it to happen, but I don''t know how long Glenn''as patience will last, or how stubborn Rosenborg are going to be ......

No worries; I am, by a strange quirk of fate, now related to Steffen; I''ve only actually met him once - although Anna & little Joey several times! - & I therfore have a ''mole'' (although not that football-orientated (few moles are)) who I interrogate as often as possible.
As I say, I only know evrybody wants it to happen, but I don''t know how long Glenn''as patience will last, or how stubborn Rosenborg are going to be ......
[/quote]

Cheers Ron - interesting stuff...so Steffen actually wants to play for Norwich and for the move to happen? 

He didn''t want to be at Wolves. Plus they were a struggling side.

Rosenborg''s website seemed to have finally cottoned on to Roeder''s interest .....
[/quote]

Plus he wasn''t fully fit either.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You''re not suggesting you want Chris Brown back, are you! Plz no! we need someone for the ugly goals, the 50-50 headers and the cheeky tap ins. Iverson is perfect for that, and maybe in the Championship Ameobi is too. Rasiak is my fave out of the bunch though, as i think he''d add that little bit more creativity too. My m8 liked him at Bolton last year, and even if that is only 1 person''s opinion, it''s still more of a vote of confidence than some of our players in the past (Thorne...) have got. I''d be happy with him if we were in the lower prem, as he has premiership qualities to his game.
[/quote]

Well i''ve heard from Spurs fans that Rasiak is great in the air but clumsy with the ball at his feet. He would be great if we want to play total kick and rush footy.

[quote user="Bingo"]

[quote user="ron obvious"]No worries; I am, by a strange quirk of fate, now related to Steffen; I''ve only actually met him once - although Anna & little Joey several times! - & I therfore have a ''mole'' (although not that football-orientated (few moles are)) who I interrogate as often as possible.As I say, I only know evrybody wants it to happen, but I don''t know how long Glenn''as patience will last, or how stubborn Rosenborg are going to be ......[/quote]

Cheers Ron - interesting stuff...so Steffen actually wants to play for Norwich and for the move to happen? 

[/quote]For sure, as Scandinavians always seem to say! I know he''s very family orientated, plus he enjoyed his time with Spurs. I honestly reckon he''d settle in well at Norwich; he''s an honest, straightforward kinda guy who, all things being equal, just gets on with what he does best - playing football (& drinking the occasional beer!)

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

At Wolves he was in a terrible team, so id like to think he would be good in division one. But if he started for his team this weekend why would they sell him? Even despite the ''promise'' to Roeder/The player.

[/quote]

This is a good point but, I''m hoping that like us with Francis or MacKenzie the club see that a player who is unhappy and wants away isn''t really what you need in the squad for team building purposes. A player that isn''t committed can often be more of a liability in my opinion. If he wants to come I think that he''ll be on his way.

Apart from any thing else, the fact that they want to hold on to him is a good sign if we do get him. I know that he is older now but I used to really rate him at Spurs and, even though he will have slowed down, his game doesn''t depend on speed and I think he''d be really well suited to the rest of the strikers/attacking wingers we have at the club. I''d be pleased to see us sign him.  

I dont want Iversen at all. In his prime at Tottenham Hotspur he scored 36 goals in 143 games... hardly signs of a prolific striker is it.

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]I dont want Iversen at all. In his prime at Tottenham Hotspur he scored 36 goals in 143 games... hardly signs of a prolific striker is it.[/quote]As a matter of interest, do you think the team would end up scoring more with Earnie or Iversen?

[quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]I dont want Iversen at all. In his prime at Tottenham Hotspur he scored 36 goals in 143 games... hardly signs of a prolific striker is it.[/quote]

Ok, very well, but who would you suggest then? Ameobi? it isn''t and never was going  to happen.

Rasiak? Well he would be my second choice but i think Iversen will offer more all round and will score just as many goals.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Ipswich Are Scum"]I dont want Iversen at all. In his prime at Tottenham Hotspur he scored 36 goals in 143 games... hardly signs of a prolific striker is it.[/quote]

As a matter of interest, do you think the team would end up scoring more with Earnie or Iversen?
[/quote]

Iversen because of the need of a target man to play alongside Cureton or Lupoli and create more chances for them. But it is yet to see if these 2 are capable of taking most of these chances like we know Earnshaw can. As it looks like this incoming striker will be the final peice of transfer business before the end of the window - I would have liked to have seen a striker we know will contribute alot of goals to this team aswell as acting as the targetman. Which I dont see with Iversen.